An absolute disgrace

ccshopland, I think your opinion is very valid. I am very disappointed with 2004 too. While I wouldn't condemn it as much as you, I think anyone who thinks this is a good example of the cricket game genre is very easily pleased.

I have heard every excuse under the sun for HB Studios but, none of them hold any sway with me. Playtesting should have picked up 95% of these problems. Let's face it we have found the bugs within a few weeks of the games release, surely HB Studios must have known they existed. That is enough to suggest that they rushed out a sub-standard game (written by PROFESSIONALS not PART-TIMERS) and had the hide to charge $A89.95 for it....shame!!!

Fix the bugs and and fix them quick, or stop your false advertising.

ccs, I haven't bought 2004 yet, but I'll give you ?5 for your copy if you don't want it.

Let me know, and I'll PM you my address.

Less people over the world play Cricket so less buyers so less funds so less people so less skill/manpower so inferior games. Many people play football so more buyers and more..GET IT?

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Jan 8 2004, 04:04 PM
Cricket is the second most played field sport in the world.
probably because everyone in india plays it! that's a heck of a lot of people....as soon as china joins in (which they are planning to do and asking for help from the indian board) it will become the most played game especially if china become good at it. maybe if china joins we'll get a good game cos then south east asia is likely to follow suit. :D the future....

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Jan 8 2004, 10:34 AM
\"field sport\"

You gotta love Andrew sometimes!

Give us the Nixon definition of field sport then, mate. I'm all ears.

\"the second most played\"

Do you care to be any more general, Andrew?

Are we talking about cricket at Test level? County? Village green? Playground?

Are there stats available for the popularity of cricket globally that I am unaware of?

I surely hope that you are correct in your assertion, but am keen to learn how you would substantiate such a claim.

Originally posted by ricco1+Jan 9 2004, 01:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ricco1 @ Jan 9 2004, 01:26 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-andrew_nixon79
@Jan 8 2004, 10:34 AM
"field sport"

You gotta love Andrew sometimes!

Give us the Nixon definition of field sport then, mate. I'm all ears. [/b]
I think he means a sport played on a Grass field

I'll wait for Andrew to define it on his own terms. He's obviously included baseball as number one, and I suspect that he is correct with respect to the number of people who WATCH cricket as the "second-placed" sport... I was simply questioning his criterium. Andrew is a thorough gentleman who has undoubtedly done his research.

A field sport is one that is played on a field, by a team so individual sports wouldn't count.

Baseball is quite obviously not number one. The number one is soccer. I got the statistics off the BBCs website around 6 months ago. Don't ask me for an address cos I don't have it. It is however, a widely acknowledged fact, which was the point in the research that was done a while ago.

It was based on players playing competitive sport at all senior levels, who are registered with that sports governing body in their particular country (registered either with the governeing body directly or with an affiliate) So social village cricket would not count.

I don't know how anybody could think that baseball was more widely played than soccer......

Cricket is the second most played field sport in the world.
This clearly indicates he feels cricket is the second most played field sport (that is self explanatory) after of course football (soccer)

B) everyone who plays cricket is not rich

and many people dont have computers and playstations.

thats the reason for the low sales and piracy problem for cricket games.

cricket 2004 is better then 2002 no doubt but it is also more annoying then 2002

but i am sure ea will release a patch soon,

but i wonder will that patch fix the bugs or just update the points of the teams
like they did last time with 2002

Just on the wicketkeeping aspect ... wicketkeepers are not perfect, they do miss the odd ball or 2 down the legside or from dropping in front of them, even the good ones like Gilchrist, so I actually think this adds an aspect of realism to the game that it lacked before.

Overall I think this game is much better then 2002 or any other cricket game going, especially the confidence metre for the batsmen (possibly should be on the bowler as well for the next version or a patch).

Besides, at the end of the day, you can still score runs and take wickets so who cares if the silly mid off walks on the wicket (pitty he doesnt get hit in the head and knocked over!!!)

Cheers

AJ

Users who are viewing this thread