An Idea..Arena Cricket

shawnymike88

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As I was sitting at a local ice hockey game, the thought occurred to me that, a hockey rink is ovular, so is a cricket ground. Anybody think its possible to play indoor cricket on a turf wicket (obviously) on a hockey rink? it would be a little confining..but not to the extent of real "indoor cricket". I dont even have any rules in mind..just an observation is all. What do you think?

Must've been a horrible hockey game.. :p

This is like my Street Cricket Idea for EA to make.. they didn't reply back.. So I take that as a "no"..

We can try it.. It'll be more challenging to keep your balance tough.

Street cricket is quality lol. Round in the car park with your tennis ball and old Slazenger V12 slog sweeping over the railway line :D.

If there was a cricket version of "FIFA Street" it would rock. I spose you could patch C2007 to give it a street feel.

Drewska said:
Street cricket is quality lol. Round in the car park with your tennis ball and old Slazenger V12 slog sweeping over the railway line :D.

If there was a cricket version of "FIFA Street" it would rock. I spose you could patch C2007 to give it a street feel.

Patching C2007 to make it street won't quite be realistic.

:noway

lol..i wasnt thinking about doing it on ice....just dropping down an astroturf field...like they do for arena football....but street cricket would be cool too!
-actually, it was a pretty sweet game....my team won (the hershey bears, of hershey, PA, as in the hershey chocolate company, etc!) a couple awesome fights..lol

Pak_cricketer said:
Must've been a horrible hockey game.. :p

This is like my Street Cricket Idea for EA to make.. they didn't reply back.. So I take that as a "no"..

We can try it.. It'll be more challenging to keep your balance tough.
Maybe the makers of TCP will consider it?

There is a game for Symbian 3rd edition phones called 'Freddie Flintoff cricket', in which you've to play 'street' cricket in Australia, India, England, WI and SA. It's a good game.

My local indoor practice and coaching centre has an indoor cricket competition similar to what your talking about. It's actually an indoor soccer (football) pitch with synthetic grass. Same rules as indoor cricket but you have to run the full length of the pitch. I would say it's probably about 4 times the width and maybe twice the depth. You can't really play any shots behind the wicket but you've got length and width to be able to place the ball for quick singles.

Users who are viewing this thread