Andy Flower or Kevin Pietersen - who stays?

Who stays?

• Total voters

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm this saga seems to have dragged further than I'd initially expected.

Ashes 2013-14: Andy Flower refuses to give backing to Kevin Pietersen but admits defeat is end of an era - Telegraph

Ashes 2013-14: If Andy Flower cannot work with Kevin Pietersen then the England coach has to go - Telegraph

Ashes 2013-14: Kevin Pietersen must be given more power - if he is axed it will be a sad loss for English cricket - Telegraph

Ashes 2013-14: Kevin Pietersen must be made England vice-captain to confront 'yes-men' - Telegraph

Ashes 2013-14: Alastair Cook needs to call on Michael Vaughan for guidance to help rebuild England - Telegraph

Love that final article in special from Shane Warne (barring the section involving Michael Carberry). Some excellent points in there.

Personally it's a no brainer for me, and I'll just quote Piers Morgan who summed it up to perfection on twitter: "Kevin Pietersen sells you [ECB] tickets for test match cricket, not [dictator] Andy Flower."

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pietersen without doubt, in fact maybe they should make him captain again. Would probably do a much better job than Cook but he would be too unorthodox for how England wants to play.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
KP stays, Flower gone.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Just my opinion.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Can anyone remember what KP said about Flower during the South Africa home series?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Seems to be the case that Alastair Cook and not Giles Clarke will have to choose between Flower and KP. If Cook has any sense he will retain the latter.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One thing I never understood: was KP actually *forced* to stay at fine leg during tactical discussions, or did he just choose to stay there and be ignorant?

Basically if he went over he'd usually be ignored, or have Jimmy/Swanny say "well why don't you bowl then you tosser". Matt Prior would usually override them and get KP involved, but once he was out the side that went away. Just another indication really that Cook isn't up to the job, he isn't in charge on the field.

Flower has to go. As Warney says the coach drives the players to the ground. England have to get back towards that philosophy of the players taking more responsibility for their own game.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
If KP stays and I hope he does, he needs to be allowed to be more involved, maybe with Swann out of the way this could be possible.

grkrama

National Board President
KP needs to stay if england are to have an hope to rebuild ,he is the only counter attacking batsman they have got ,esp with bairstow doing no justice to the spot he was given.
I have always felt andy flower is to similar to cook and it kind of makes them one dimensional ,always coaches and captain with opposite personalities or atleast different personalities work good mostly (not considering dravid -chappel).

Either the captaincy should be passed to someone like broad or change andy or do both. right now cook definitely needs to concentrate on getting his batting back.not worry about bickering mates,thats the coach's job ,see how lehman has handled warner and watson, someone like that will be able to sitdown with KP and sort him out .

Users who are viewing this thread