Anti Aliasing?

A Flintoff

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, This may be stupid but can someone please tell me what "anti aliasing" means as it is a graphics option in cricket 2005. Thanks

A Flintoff

Anti-aliasing is the process by which your graphics card 'irons out' the jagged lines which appear more and more at lower resolutions. The thing to think about is that a computer monitor can never display a 'true' curved line because of the square pixels which make up the display. So, the higher the resoluton: the smaller the pixels and the 'truer' the curves which can be displayed. What anti-aliasing does is render the pixels along the edges of polygons, textures, and surfaces in such a way as to create the illusion of smoothness. It does this by altering the colour and tone of the necessary pixels. As this process works on a per-pixel basis it is very intensive and thus you need increasingly powerful graphics cards to do this.

Would you recommend me whether i can use Anti aliasing?

I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 and 256 MB ram

I run the game at 640*480 because it lags at 1024*728 with anti on

what is the best settings that i can use?

Burma's Finest said:
Anti-aliasing is the process by which your graphics card 'irons out' the jagged lines which appear more and more at lower resolutions. The thing to think about is that a computer monitor can never display a 'true' curved line because of the square pixels which make up the display. So, the higher the resoluton: the smaller the pixels and the 'truer' the curves which can be displayed. What anti-aliasing does is render the pixels along the edges of polygons, textures, and surfaces in such a way as to create the illusion of smoothness. It does this by altering the colour and tone of the necessary pixels. As this process works on a per-pixel basis it is very intensive and thus you need increasingly powerful graphics cards to do this.

Thanks Burma's Finest

voldemort said:
Would you recommend me whether i can use Anti aliasing?

I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 and 256 MB ram

I run the game at 640*480 because it lags at 1024*728 with anti on

what is the best settings that i can use?
I would suggest to you that running the game at 640x480 and using ant-aliasing is pointless because it's such lo-res that you would need a seriously high-end card to iron out those jaggies. Use as high a resoultion as possible without using anti-aliasing. That's my advice.

Users who are viewing this thread