anti virus

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, all this debate is making me crazy.:mad

Hence, I found a unbaised site dedicated to testing anti virus.
Go there and decide yourself.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

The result at a glance:
These are indicative, and summed up by me.Find one that suits u at above site.

Anti-Virus software:
#1. BitDefender
#2. Kaspersky
#3. F-Secure
#4. PC-cillin
#5. ESET Nod32

Anti-Spyware software:
#1. Spy Sweeper
#2. Spyware Eliminator
#3. Counter Spy
#4. Trend Micro
#5. AntiSpy

Just upgraded to Norton System Works 2006 with Norton Anti Virus 2006. There is a new interface with the Norton pop up now appearing in the start menu. From the full system scan I did it seems to scan spyware along with the usual Viruses. Also a new interface for scanning virus which I find cool :)

In the last few months I've used Mcafee Suite 2006 and Norton Antivirus 2006 and AVG Free Edition. I'll have to say that as far as performance is concerned, AVG wins hands down with daily updates, a quick scanning engine (abour thrice as quick as Mcafee on my computer) and it doesn't hog system resources either.

Ritwik said:
In the last few months I've used Mcafee Suite 2006 and Norton Antivirus 2006 and AVG Free Edition. I'll have to say that as far as performance is concerned, AVG wins hands down with daily updates, a quick scanning engine (abour thrice as quick as Mcafee on my computer) and it doesn't hog system resources either.

yup, and norton still hogs resources so much that any gamer would stay clear of it.

also, why does norton hogs system resources despite having no increase in performance is a total mystery to me.

Last edited:
i dont use antivirus softwares, just zone alarm firewall and its cool one still using its 5.5 version but it blocks almost every trojan to enter into computers

Users who are viewing this thread