Antivirus of the Year 08 |Vote Now| - Rankings Updated

Antivirus of the year

• Total voters

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
There are many antivirus software but only few of them are good. When i used norton 08 first it was very awaful as it blocked my TAPI system:mad. Just vote on the poll ;).
2008 Anti-Virus Softwares

New PC Antivirus Rankings
#1 AVG Anti-Virus
#2 Kaspersky
#3 Norton AntiVirus
#4 Avast
#5 McAfee VirusScan
#6 F-Secure Anti-Virus
#7 ESET Nod32
#8 Norman Antivirus and Antispyware
#9 Trend Micro
#10 CA Antivirus
#11 G DATA Antivirus
#12 BitDefender

I have arranged them according to top ten reviews;)
I'll re-arrange according to planet cricket votings.

Last edited:
lol you don't believe me i am also using avast:p. As i told you that i posted the names according to that list and avast is at 14th place:(

Because i also want pc member's choice :laugh. I was really waiting for your reply:rolleyes:

I have used more than 6 antivirus and i haven't seen any antivirus better than kaspersky. AVG is my another choice:)

I've had mcafee, norton and AVG in the past 2 years and AVG is far superior than the other two.

If you are concerned about system resources, try using Nod32. It is very efficient. I used to use AVG, but no longer.
I personally Hate Norton, Mcafee.

I got mcafee free with my pc and i already had norton cd so i used that. my cousin, who has a job in computer stuff told me to use AVG.

Awesome reliability + Low on system resources = avast!. You shouldn't go by how much viruses were detected by each, since sometimes programs having for example hotkey modules are detected as viruses.

Most of all, its free but yet a proper organisation behind it, and hence the 6 times daily updates(like 2-3 kb in size) ;)

I always have to format my drive after removing norton so that i can install another antivirus. I hate it more when it blocked my TAPI Communication service:mad:

Hitterman added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

wesome reliability + Low on system resources = avast!. You shouldn't go by how much viruses were detected by each, since sometimes programs having for example hotkey modules are detected as viruses
I think avast is far more better than norton:cool:

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread