Any bowling advice?

lifeisgood

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've started to play the game, but I can't bowl well, and usually have big scores posted against me, menaing the best I can do is draw.

I'm not sure if this partly down to the teams I have used, or a lack of strategies.

Also I find bowling to a batsmans weaknesses doesn't work.

Cheers

try spinners and rotate bowler after 4-5 overs. must use occasional bowlers after end of day or any break.

i will probably get flamed for this but i just set the bowling to normal, and click next over, i find this works for me, because i plan my team out well at the end of a season to get good bowlers

I'm not really any good at bowling on this game, I tend to back the bowlers to stick to a plan and ingore the preferences of the batsmen at the beginning. Really if you don't have the quality bowling, then its never going to be easy.

Usually with the seamers I set up normal fields, and I go full length to get more movement early on, especially if its overcast. Dragging the length back later on.

Mainly its bowling mid/off, and a good length though. If theres a bit more in it for the faster bowlers I've got a bit more success bowling shorter in bursts.

More flexible with spinners obviously different fields, lengths and over and round the wicket, and I'm more likely to bowl the part time medium pacers outside off and if the batsmen go after them as a partnership breaker.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to bowling and usually does end up as a draw.

Things I do.
- Bowl very aggressive to new batsmen, just after breaks, right before milestones, on new days, and against bowlers.
- Mix up the bowling (bowl over and around the wicket and length).
- Change bowlers ever 6 or so overs (more variety and so stamina recovers).
- Occasional part-times.

Users who are viewing this thread