Are women welcome on this forum (honest answer). And, how can we change it to make them active here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 46200
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46200

In view of the fact there was a thread for men to chat and no women were welcome I feel I must ask with honesty how you feel about me on this forum. I am the most involved women here and feel my time is coming to an end. Being honest no one talks to me and no one thanks me and there does seem to be dislike for me either personally or for my sex. I don't feel this is a sexist view but maybe down to culture or simple demographics. Please le me know.

But I ask yourself this how much experience do you have of females... ? Be honest. This is not tended to be a witch hunt but a simple way for me to find out I should move on.

In view of the fact there was a thread for men to chat and no women were welcome I feel I must ask with honesty how you feel about me on this forum. I am the most involved women here and feel my time is coming to an end. Being honest no one talks to me and no one thanks me and there does seem to be dislike for me either personally or for my sex. I don't feel this is a sexist view but maybe down to culture or simple demographics. Please le me know.

But I ask yourself this how much experience do you have of females... ? Be honest. This is not tended to be a witch hunt but a simple way for me to find out I should move on.

Ok, firstly I can say you are a well respected individual on this site. But honestly i am finding the fact that you tink you are not welcome on this site is very irritating to listen too and you have send this numerous times. Just please stop playing the gender card. Nobody gives a crap if you are male or female everyone is treated the same on this forum. Now don't think I'm saying this because you are female. I would say the same to any other male if he were acting this way. Personally I think you are a nice member who has a sense of humor. If nobody quotes or thanks you, it wouldnt be because you are female. That is a load of bullshit. Also that thread that was for men was just plain mockery and and poking fun at your thread. I know you feel lonely being an only female on this site, and you have blended well in and made some friends. But telling you now, please stop playing the gender card. We respect everybody, regardless of their race, gender and personality. And this is a cricket forum where the majority of people are commenting on cricket which may mean you don't have a lot of people to talk to in terms of socalizing.

You are welcome on this site for sure and I respect you for how friendly you have been to us. :-)

Though all the points are covered by UMCricket in the above post, I feel little weird reading this line:
Being honest no one talks to me

I mean, seriously? I did chat with you and talk to you through PM quite often. And I believe many others in this site also do the same. So I can't agree to that line of yours.

This is a cricket side and you will find the cricket fans and gamers discussing about the game of cricket. So no one is really used to chat about other things than Cricket in this site.

BTW, you are most welcome on this site. :)

This is an internet forum, and you are trying to apply the criteria(gender) which isn't really applicable. That's why you are getting lost as it doesn't exist. Just try to get positive things here and turn blind/deaf to negatives around.

With me being a member here for 11+ years now, planet cricket, though it has passed a golden era long time back, without doubts is still the respectable one treating members with utmost respect. You might witness taming of the shrew here and there, but great/good/valuable members never had any such complaints. We have all kinds of members from school kids till members settled well in family with kids, it is not possible to expect same amount of maturity from everyone.

I have not interacted with you at all, but I have read your posts in DBC17 and some general section threads. Everytime I read, i have only felt this impression - "oh this member, when is she gonna tell next I am a girl" thing. That's the frequency you have told loud enough on that fact. Just take it easy, it's all good then.

But I ask yourself this how much experience do you have of females... ?

I think the better question is how much experience do you have of independent females. The more I read of threads with you in it the more it becomes pretty obvious that there are a small number of people that don't feel comfortable with an overtly female member posting independently. To me at least, its quite easy to tell the difference between not liking you for reasons of pure personality clashes and not liking you because you are a woman. That is not to say I agree with everything you post, for example I think the whole confusion about Hardik85 was probably something you could/should have avoided with a quick google search rather than jumping to conclusions. But like I got my wife to join up to help out with a mafia game (you should play that Caz, I think youd be really good at it!) and she noticed it straight away and didn't feel comfortable here and in all honesty not sure that she will be back to even see out the mafia game. (Also FYI for mafia game @Jack Ryder)

That mens thread was just cringe-worthy. Whoever modded that to close it made a very good call. I don't dispute it's was a joke, that doesn't diminish the inherent mysogeny exhibited in making it to the exclusion of females. It's the same argument I had with the pickup lines thread. And this is the point that everyone misses, Caz and the other females here have and do suffer derogatory and inappropriate conduct towards them, either explicitly or implicitly. Dismissing things as a joke, or saying everyone is treated equally by everyone, which is the standard defense mechanism around here is not right. It needs to be acknowledged that she does have an argument about these sorts of things happening. Statements and beliefs like 'everyone is treated the same' is just illustrating how entrenched the male privilege is because by any reasonable reading it just plainly isn't true. Now potentially, sure, you could argue that Caz and the other females don't handle these issues well, and there may be something too that. But that isn't the argument that has been made. What frustrates them (without putting words in anyones mouth) is that there is such an ignorance that an issue even exists.

Its like in the fantasy cricket or whatever it was. It was explicitly stated that a female cant run these things as well as a guy. The reaction from everyone, members and staff was putting the blame back on Caz for making it an issue, not for the actual issue itself. This is no different to the bully saying 'oh I was just messing around' or the police telling a rape victim 'that you were asking for it by showing cleavage'. If you get this then put females posts in context of someone that loves spending time here at PC, you start to see how alot of it is a defense mechanism and an attempt to get people to understand issues.

I don't think its deliberate on anyone's part. This is good in some ways and bad in others. But on the whole I don't think its anyone's deliberate fault. This forum brings us all in from all over the world, with our different cultures, lives, experiences and values all because we share love for this great game. PC is reasonably unique in that it also covers those that love cricket through watching it, playing it IRL, gaming it and all other manner of consumption. There is an opportunity to make this forum more inclusive and friendly just by tuning our filters just a bit and showing just a little more consideration for others and understanding of their side of the coin. If we all did that I guarantee PC, and the world generally would be a better place...

Definitely, You are most welcomed on the forums.
In view of the fact there was a thread for men to chat and no women were welcome I feel I must ask with honesty how you feel about me on this forum.
That, I'm sure, was a poor attempt at a joke. A bad joke.
I am the most involved women here and feel my time is coming to an end. Being honest no one talks to me and no one thanks me and there does seem to be dislike for me either personally or for my sex.
I can't speak for anyone else, but if You talk about why I don't talk to You, then it's simply because I'm way too inactive. I'm barely around to post on threads where I don't have a purpose to post on. Whenever You interact with me, I always try to answer/reply to You. It's just the way it is.
This has nothing to do with "how comfortable You are with talking to women". I'm very comfortable, but sometimes, I just can't because of my personal inactivity on the forum.

This. This was just my response to You, I'm not speaking for anyone else, but me.

But if I did speak for everyone else, then I think You are probably the most liked forum member, and we'd very much like to keep You around for as long as possible.

It's weird that you keep stressing this thing again and again.

Are you seriously aright?

Most People can't start a PM with you. ツ
You need to follow me and no disrespect you have... ? So where's the problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1500889898][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's weird that you keep stressing this thing again and again.

Are you seriously aright?
Interesting you remember so much about what I have said and where I have posted it...? You heave great stamina.

Truth to be told not everyone is chatty or extrovert. In nearly 6 years, I think the persons with whom I have chatted about something else than cricket or a mafia game can be counted on my hand.
Truth be told you sent me pictures of women with big breasts which I found a little disturbing this is a lack of judgment and inexperience of the opposite sex I'll send you some Dick picks and see how you feel... ? All in good humour.

Though all the points are covered by UMCricket in the above post, I feel little weird reading this line:

I mean, seriously? I did chat with you and talk to you through PM quite often. And I believe many others in this site also do the same. So I can't agree to that line of yours.

This is a cricket side and you will find the cricket fans and gamers discussing about the game of cricket. So no one is really used to chat about other things than Cricket in this site.

BTW, you are most welcome on this site. :)
There were many different chat areas and not just about cricket the threads on cricket are dominated by Asian feeds and there isn't much going on with English and Australian news this isn't anyone's fought but seems to me these are not popular. Yes many have engaged me in conversation but they have since moved on and are not that active... Am I that boring... ? No, just circumstances.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an internet forum, and you are trying to apply the criteria(gender) which isn't really applicable. That's why you are getting lost as it doesn't exist. Just try to get positive things here and turn blind/deaf to negatives around.

With me being a member here for 11+ years now, planet cricket, though it has passed a golden era long time back, without doubts is still the respectable one treating members with utmost respect. You might witness taming of the shrew here and there, but great/good/valuable members never had any such complaints. We have all kinds of members from school kids till members settled well in family with kids, it is not possible to expect same amount of maturity from everyone.

I have not interacted with you at all, but I have read your posts in DBC17 and some general section threads. Everytime I read, i have only felt this impression - "oh this member, when is she gonna tell next I am a girl" thing. That's the frequency you have told loud enough on that fact. Just take it easy, it's all good then.
Gender is just as important as age as we all have a different set of values and opinions. Being the only one here is different to being on a female dominated site. On mums.net you see the men playing the gender card and being singled out it's nothing personal just human nature we all crave to be individuals but somehow get crowded out. It also comes down to the way and reason we use internet forums. For me it's a way of engaging with people I spend a lot of time alone for others it's a source of information and nothing more.

I am a person who respects individuality and hearing some racist view "there are so many Asians they all look the same" this abhorrently disgusts me everyone I interact with here I like them to feel and know they have the respect and consideration they are an individual with dreams and aspirations. If there was a balance of males and females then my individuality would shift to my heritage as an Australian. I don't knowingly use the gender card but being the only one it is very unusual for me and I don't know how to act. Being honest I don't have a great deal of experience with men, that's honesty!

Ok, firstly I can say you are a well respected individual on this site. But honestly i am finding the fact that you tink you are not welcome on this site is very irritating to listen too and you have send this numerous times. Just please stop playing the gender card. Nobody gives a crap if you are male or female everyone is treated the same on this forum. Now don't think I'm saying this because you are female. I would say the same to any other male if he were acting this way. Personally I think you are a nice member who has a sense of humor. If nobody quotes or thanks you, it wouldnt be because you are female. That is a load of bullshit. Also that thread that was for men was just plain mockery and and poking fun at your thread. I know you feel lonely being an only female on this site, and you have blended well in and made some friends. But telling you now, please stop playing the gender card. We respect everybody, regardless of their race, gender and personality. And this is a cricket forum where the majority of people are commenting on cricket which may mean you don't have a lot of people to talk to in terms of socalizing.

You are welcome on this site for sure and I respect you for how friendly you have been to us. :-)
I don't feel individually unwelcome but there is a heavy male dominant culture which human nature would instruct me to rebel against in a sub conscious manner. I feel it would be different of this was a female dominated forum and you were the one on the outside looking in. This is a cricket website and England women have won the world cup ... ? I don't feel anything special on the media only on Sky sports news? Until an individual experiences what I see and feel then they aren't going to be able to comment with any true feeling and conviction. Do you think the white slavers gave a crap about the black slaves... ? Not different set of circumstances but the values and interpretation is the same!

These are threads set up by others but why mock those threads I have posted on being serious; this is giving me alleged 'sexist' ammunition. I have never posted anything 'so' individual as that thread but have kept threads individualised as the subject matter is different but made sure all were welcome. If I have more company on here things would be different but sadly I'm alone and my individuality is as important to me as any man. If there were more females then my age and then heritage would be important sex would 'then' have no meaning. I am hoping this forum would be an equal balance of male and female, maybe a quiet revolution to address the balance? Not sure but maybe I'm a little Nieves and lack experience with being with men and I play up but still all individuality needs respect equally mine and yours as we are both unique.

Truth be told you sent me pictures of women with big breasts which I found a little disturbing this is a lack of judgment and inexperience of the opposite sex I'll send you some Dick picks and see how you feel... ? All in good humour.
If anybody wants to know this fuss can PM me.
Sweetcaroline I tried to help but looks like others were right about you. You will be the first member on my Ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread