Ashes Cricket 09 in US/Canada

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Folks,
Can someone pls let me know whether I can play PS3 game from UK on my console in Canada? I mean is Cricket 09 on PS3 region free?

Since you can't mod PS3, I want to be sure before ordering the game for PS3.

Ok, another query. Do you guys know whether Cricket 09 will be released in North America (US/Canada) on any platform - especially PS3 or Wii? I heard a rumor last week that the game might be released in North America but wasn't able to get a confirmation. If the game is released in US/Canada, I would rather buy it here than order it from UK.

Thanks!

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

No it is not, do not buy it. Actually, wait... maybe it is. I guess if we read the other threads we can find out.

Kaushal

School Cricketer
I think the ps3 format of ashes cricket is region free, but I'm not sure though.

bongplayer

School Cricketer
All PS3 games are region free. I was in the same predicament as you and since I dont trust post, I suggest you use ebay (either UK or India). It will cost you more but given that a cricket game comes out every time the sun explodes, I'd say its worth it.

balleballe32

School Cricketer
Ashes Cricket 2009 is an upcoming Cricket sports game developed by Transmission Games and published by Codemasters in the UK and by Atari in Australia. It will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Microsoft Windows. The PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows versions were developed by Transmission Games. These versions will be released on Friday 7th August 2009 in the UK. The Wii version was developed by Gusto Games, and will be released on August 7th in USA and UK.

I guess The Wii is the only system that is going to have ashes cricket 2009 in North America.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Folks,
Can someone pls let me know whether I can play PS3 game from UK on my console in Canada? I mean is Cricket 09 on PS3 region free?

Since you can't mod PS3, I want to be sure before ordering the game for PS3.

Ok, another query. Do you guys know whether Cricket 09 will be released in North America (US/Canada) on any platform - especially PS3 or Wii? I heard a rumor last week that the game might be released in North America but wasn't able to get a confirmation. If the game is released in US/Canada, I would rather buy it here than order it from UK.

Thanks!

There are multiple threads that talk about the high likelihood of PAL PS3 games working on NTSC US Consoles for two reasons - the games are region free, and HDMI renders PAL/NTSC mostly obsolete. But, given all the variables, Codies won't confirm it and there's only one way to find out - when someone from the US/Canada confirms they're successfully able to play the game.

If you get around to ordering the game without waiting to find out (like some of us in the US/Canada have), might find this thread useful - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/order-us-demo-problem-56889.html

waqarmalek

School Cricketer
Mine has been dispatchd this morning. YES!! now can't wait to come.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I got a NSTC PS3 and I brought a Pal Version and it works
So people in US/Canada can play Ashes Cricket...not 360 fans

PS3 fans:cheers

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
no but I brought my PS3 from Japan like nearly 3 years ago:D
and I brought Ashes cricket now and its works

But there's a difference in US and Japanes NTSC versions and that's the reason you can't play Japanese PS2 games in US. I would really like to get a confirmation from someone in US/Canada who has a PAL/European version working.

ajamils

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
But there's a difference in US and Japanes NTSC versions and that's the reason you can't play Japanese PS2 games in US. I would really like to get a confirmation from someone in US/Canada who has a PAL/European version working.

The reason why you cannot play japanese Ps2 games is that they are region coded but Ps3 games are not. All Ps3 games are region free so as long as you are playing it on an HDTV you shouldn't have any problem with PAL version.

I live in USA and I ordered Ps3 version.

Users who are viewing this thread