Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i know its stupid not to bring out a demo for ps3 but thats some people for ya.
But on the plus side, atleast us ps3 users dont have to pay for playing online! :D

Yeah at least they get a crappy online service...I've had a PS3 and....shocking.

While on HARD mode, I score with a strike rate in the 50-60s, usually loosing wickets frequently. I still have no scored a century and have managed a few 50s (usually off 70-110 balls)

The AI batting is a bit aggressive but they usually score around 300-500 in under 100 overs (depending on run outs)

This all sounds really positive for an actual cricket sim. I will be jumping up and down if I actually lose for once unlike on BLIC 07. The AI getting 300-500 to me is nice and will at least make it a challenge to win a match, Test or ODI.

You all echo my thoughts having played the demo expander.

I think hard will be the way to go, both for my playing style and level of skill and also for how the AI plays.

I've become pretty adept at bowling but just need to be more patient with my batting :p

Yep, thats the nail on the head for me...patience. This game definitely requires you to be patient, to think about things, set fields, get in, set traps and see them foiled, think of something else. I started off on easy to get to grips with the controls but only play on hard now and am really enjoying the contest. A cricket game needs to require the user has patience (test format I am talking about). You can go on slogging but you get tired of being 83 for 8 off 8 overs and you start to knuckle down and build an innings properly and gain the satisfaction of coming through some shaky moments to reach a batting landmark. This game has that for me and is rivetting in that sense. And surely that is what we love about cricket....the pace that allows for twists and turns to happen.

^lets suppose AI is really stuck in. They are 150 for no wickets on opening day of test. We have bowled our guts out but AI is just too hard to dislodge. Then suddenly pressure is created by some bowler and AI batsmen start losing the plot a bit. Just when you think you are close to earning a wicket, the batsman during a run stands in the middle of pitch as if he has made his ground and is run out. Then another run out then another and they are all out for 250. with five run out dismissals. Now that will be a game killer. I hope for sake of all of us run out bug is dead by the release.

Yea, I have tried to get to the new ball or reverse swing but they run them selves out well before then. Its getting annoying, it will be shocking if they do not fix this

Attachments

• scorecard.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 38
For me I play at Normal. In one match I won by one wicket. The AI scored a decent score (which was about 173 runs). Cook scored a 78 off 72 balls.

This sucks. Australia have "3 mobile" logo on their shirts instead of VB.....:mad:
The away ODI shirt has no sponsor. It's because they don't want alcohol ads in the gamev ;)

DxWnd wont work either. If you want the game in windowed mode then edit the display.opt file in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo(path for vista) and set FullScreen = 0

it will not work for me because my PC is not running the game at all.

I just hope that the stupid run outs where one of the things the developers sorted out when they pretty much delayed the game. And if so, the game should be great.

So all South African grounds wont have the Castle Lager Print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread