AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Craig Overton will share Chris Woakes' Gray-Nicolls bat, it's not identical but close enough:
England-Australia-The-Ashes-1175414.jpg

Gray-Nicolls-Predator-d.png

Pat Cummins will share the same New Balance TC 1260 as Matthew Wade:
australias-pat-cummins-batting-during-day-four-of-the-ashes-test.jpg

New-Balance-TC-1260-Limited-Edition.png

Jofra Archer & Stuart Broad will share the Adidas Elite bat with Sam Curran:
image.png

9290802-3x2-700x467.jpg

Adidas-Elite-d.png

Peter Siddle will share Tim Paine's Kookaburra bat, it's close enough and not worth making an additional bat for the small differences:
image.png

Kookaburra-Kahuna-Pro-1000.png

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
That concludes my bat making for this project, once I've had a look at them in-game I may make some tweaks to fix any problems but overall all of the players who featured in the series will now have an identical or at least nearly identical bat to what they were using during the first test at Edgbaston and if not - the closest I could do based oh a range of photographic evidence from the other 4 Ashes Tests. I'll also go through the other players in the two squads and assign them the closest possible bat to what they are using in test cricket currently too.

I'm going to make the gloves for the top 3-5 batsmen from each team as well, possibly more if I can be bothered, I'll also make the correct wicket keeper gloves for Bairstow & Paine.

Finally I'll make some quick generic batting pads for each brand that the players use (no coloured or black straps though since they look nasty!)

Once this is finished I'll assign all of the bats & kit items to the correct players in the USER.DAT file and the patch should follow soon after.

Last edited:

ImLucifer

School Cricketer
That concludes my bat making for this project, once I've had a look at them in-game I may make some tweaks to fix any problems but overall all of the players who featured in the series will now have an identical or at least nearly identical bat to what they were using during the first test at Edgbaston and if not - the closest I could do based oh a range of photographic evidence from the other 4 Ashes Tests. I'll also go through the other players in the two squads and assign them the closest possible bat to what they are using in test cricket currently too.

I'm going to make the gloves for the top 3-5 batsmen from each team as well, possibly more if I can be bothered, I'll also make the correct wicket keeper gloves for Bairstow & Paine.

Finally I'll make some quick generic batting pads for each brand that the players use (no coloured or black straps though since they look nasty!)

Once this is finished I'll assign all of the bats & kit items to the correct players in the USER.DAT file and the patch should follow soon after.
KIU
Good Luck mate

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well, does anybody want to help with the batting gloves? :yes Now would be a great time for someone to contribute if they know how to make batting gloves because I'm struggling :(

I'm trying to figure out using @immyz's work how to make them, can anyone explain to me what part of the gloves are in the red rectangles and whether I'm right in thinking those two on the left are the back side of the thumbs?
img.png

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Last edited:

Tasmanian

Banned
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, does anybody want to help with the batting gloves? :yes Now would be a great time for someone to contribute if they know how to make batting gloves because I'm struggling :(

I'm trying to figure out using @immyz's work how to make them, can anyone explain to me what part of the gloves are in the red rectangles and whether I'm right in thinking those two on the left are the back side of the thumbs?
img.png

Also does anyone know how to make the "_n" and "_s" versions of the "_d" files? What are the correct Photoshop settings for them? Are they even important/necessary? I was under the impression they are not required.
img2.png

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
I badly wish I could help mate ! But since I am a novice in modding, I might be of no use here :(

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I badly wish I could help mate ! But since I am a novice in modding, I might be of no use here :(
No worries, if I can just figure this out or someone can explain it to me then it shouldn't take that long to make some gloves but I'm finding the gloves a little confusing at the moment.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Update, I figured lots of things out! the _s type of images are 'Specular' and the _n are 'Normal Map', I can create these type of images with Photoshop!

So I've been busy and finished making 20 different pairs of batting gloves, was pretty tricky and took a long time because for a lot of them there are a real lack of any good source images available. I also understand the structure of the batting glove images a little better now but I decided just to focus on the parts of the batting glove that you will see because in-game you won't see the palm-side of the gloves very often, if at all really, therefore the majority of them will have the same white palm-side as you'll see when I upload the images later because this was a big time saver, if anybody cares enough to have the palm-side of the batting gloves perfectly authentic too then I invite them to improve my work but I'm happy enough with them like this. I just need to have a look at them in-game now to see if I need to make any tweaks - I did get a quick look at the bats I made for the England players in-game the other day and I think they looked pretty great to be honest :)

I'm really looking forward to finishing my work on this project soon! I've decided not to make batting pads because I think they look nicer plain white anyway and I've had enough spending so many hours on this now but I will create both Bairstow's & Paine's updated Wicket Keeping gloves, nearly everything is finished now so the Patch will be available very soon.

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Update, I figured lots of things out! the _s type of images are 'Specular' and the _n are 'Normal Map', I can create these type of images with Photoshop!

So I've been busy and finished making 20 different pairs of batting gloves, was pretty tricky and took a long time because for a lot of them there are a real lack of any good source images available. I also understand the structure of the batting glove images a little better now but I decided just to focus on the parts of the batting glove that you will see because in-game you won't see the palm-side of the gloves very often, if at all really, therefore the majority of them will have the same white palm-side as you'll see when I upload the images later because this was a big time saver, if anybody cares enough to have the palm-side of the batting gloves perfectly authentic too then I invite them to improve my work but I'm happy enough with them like this. I just need to have a look at them in-game now to see if I need to make any tweaks - I did get a quick look at the bats I made for the England players in-game the other day and I think they looked pretty great to be honest :)

I'm really looking forward to finishing my work on this project soon! I've decided not to make batting pads because I think they look nicer plain white anyway and I've had enough spending so many hours on this now but I will create both Bairstow's & Paine's updated Wicket Keeping gloves, nearly everything is finished now so the Patch will be available very soon.
Mate never seen a more hardworking person than you in this forum ! Thanks mate, you are doing a noble job by keeping this noble game alive and giving it a rebirth, 10 years henceforth.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Final updates before I make the patch.

I've now finished going through every player in the two squads and I've assigned them the most appropriate gloves and bats. Since there is not really any space left for more gloves or bats (maybe just one or two slots at most), if I didn't make their specific model of bat or gloves then I assigned them the closest ones possible to what they were using during the Ashes Series or if they didn't feature n the Series - what they are currently using/have been using recently in their matches for club/country. If anybody already downloaded the USER.DAT file you will need to download the new one that I will be uploading soon.

Here are the different Batting Gloves I've made, they are not perfect but i'm pretty happy with how they look in-game. Again i used pictorial evidence from Google Images from the 2019 Ashes series to try and get these as accurate as possible. Some players used 2 or 3 different types of gloves throughout the series so you won't see these exact gloves in every photo that was taken, I tried to go with the gloves they were using in the 1st Test where possible.

Ben Stokes' gloves:
GM-303-d.png

Cameron Bancroft's:
Kookaburra-blade-d.png

Chris Woakes':
Gray-Nicolls-ignite5star-d.png

David Warners':
Slazenger-xtech-d.png

Jack Leach's:
Gray-Nicolls-xiphos-d.png

Jason Roy's:
Slazenger-elitepro-d.png

Joe Denly's:
Sommers-gloves-d.png

Joe Root's:
Gray-Nicolls-predator5star-d.png

Jonny Bairstow's:
Gray-Nicolls-powerbow-d.png

Jos Buttler's:
Kookaburra-beast-d.png

Marcus Harris':
Kookaburra-ice-d.png

Marnus Labuschagne's:
Bradbury-se-d.png

Matthew Wade's:
Gray-Nicolls-nitropro-d.png

Moeen Ali's:
Slazenger-v389pro-d.png

Rory Burns':
Gray-Nicolls-viper-d.png

Sam Curran's:
Adidas-pro-d.png

Steve Smith's:
GM-909-d.png

Tim Paine's:
Kookaburra-kahuna-d.png

Travis Head's:
Newbury-uzi-d.png

Usman Khawaja's:
Bradbury-vs-d.png

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Here are the new Wicket Keeping Gloves I made for Bairstow & Paine:
bairstow-new.png
Archer-Bair-e1566455953247-980x530.jpg

haddin-new.png
11381322-3x2-940x627.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1576098350][/DOUBLEPOST]Umpire Kit Updated (to fix black lines):
shirt-sleeves-long-d.png

New Legal Screen Infographic I made (this is the first thing you see when you open the game). Note: I didn't make the actual image, have to give Sky Media credit for that, I just edited it a little and added the Batting Info at the bottom.
legalsscreen.png

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well everyone, after a lot of hours spent creating Patches, Setup Applications and writing Installer/Patcher Logic Code I'm delighted and proud to announce that I've finished!

You can head to the 1st Post of this Topic: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/ashes-cricket-2019-mod-official-downloads-topic.113911/ to find the 'Easy Instructions' and Setup Applications I've created to install the complete Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod! You no longer need to install every file manually, this will be much quicker!

I've now created alternative USER.DAT files for people who want to play with Australia as well (to make sure the AI doesn't pick any strange bowlers for England).

Can't wait to hear some feedback, please let me know if you have any troubles.

Merry Christmas!

:cheers

Last edited:

mesushant

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@Bigil @mesushant
Scratch means Making bats stickers part by part
Check This tutorial which is made for cricket 07
To make a full cricket bat sticker, I am re-creating and doing it using stickers that are fully available at all times, I am so confident in my graphicwork that there is no copy at all, and I do not use the original sticker as much as the bat itself. Makes little changes so that copytights do not become an issue

Users who are viewing this thread