Story Asia Cup 2006

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2006?

• Total voters
Once the feilding restrictions were over, indian spinners came fully into the action. harbhajan and Kartik bowled a good line and made batsmen work hard for every single action. the pitch also played completely in indian spinner's hands as whereever they pich the ball it turns to become an unplayable good ball. Although Pakistan managed to save wickets but it is going to be very hard to score and bat if the pitch and bowlers continue to work like this. India has controlled run-rate but they need wickets especially danger man Afridi.

12bd.png

I dont know why but i is very hard to score in middle overs. When i batted it never was more then 3 or 4 in an over and now when i am bowling, still its not more then 3 runs in any over. This is killing all the fun in ODI matches.

ashu2411 said:

I dont know why but i is very hard to score in middle overs. When i batted it never was more then 3 or 4 in an over and now when i am bowling, still its not more then 3 runs in any over. This is killing all the fun in ODI matches.

mate that is because of the fielding restrictions!!! The best thing is we can rotate strikes i.e take singles fom 15-30 overs and then can look for boundaries!!!! The boundaries will be more from 40-50 overs!!! Also while batting against the spinners, sweep with six button might be very handy when the situation is more than 6 is required!!!!

India here are very close to loose.... some miracle from some one is needed!!!!
:upray

good story:cheers
Pakistan going along well but the spinners are vital here ....if they stop the flow runs to some extent then there are lots of chances to get wickets and increase the req rate .

Harbhajan and Kartik continued to apply brakes as Pak batsmen have forgot the way to rotate strike or score runs. No wickets have fallen yet but the required run rate is now 6 rpo and Inzy must be staring at two batsmen to accelerate now or get out. India fans will surely want to have the two batsmen continue batting because they they are not scoring any run and the new batsmen might start smashing the ball. pakistani fans will be prying for both the batsmen to get out.

Only 12 runs have been scored from last 7 overs.

20iw.png

33ip.png

Oh... game turning now.... Thts wht a real ODI mean.... Uncertainity in game!!!! Exciting match withlot of twist and turn!!!

1) India got a good start in batting
2) Ended with a moderate score!!!
3) Pakistan again to flying start
4) But now suffering!!!!

So this is what an exact to and fro means!!! Good going India!!!

surendar said:
Oh... game turning now.... Thts wht a real ODI mean.... Uncertainity in game!!!! Exciting match withlot of twist and turn!!!

1) India got a good start in batting
2) Ended with a moderate score!!!
3) Pakistan again to flying start
4) But now suffering!!!!

So this is what an exact to and fro means!!! Good going India!!!
thanks for your deatil analysis of the match. This certainly is getting exctiting now.

India need more than 1 breakthrough. Prsentation is great.

:cheers,
Leftie

Afridi really needs to get into gear and bat Pakistan out of trouble! Otherwise the runrate will keep rising and the game will move out of Pakistan's reach.

Pakistani batsmen continued to struggle against spin bowling as the required run rate has now climbed up to 7.81 runs per over. Only 12 runs have been scored from last 7 overs. harbhajan and Kartik bowled with supreme line and length and didn't give anything away. Harbhajan finished his 10 over spell giving only 19 runs but was unlucky to go wicketless. Kartik on other end has given only 21 runs from his 8 overs. Agarkar replaced Harbhajan after his spell and bowled good 2 overs in his comeback spell.

India looks in very much control now as Pakistan still needs 125 runs from 16 overs. Pakistan needs to accelerate now or the run rate will climb up very fast from here on.

It can be clearly seen from the graph how well Indians have bowled after 20th over.

10in.png

23wy.png

thts a fabulous job by Bhaji and Karthick!!!! Well done India!!! India looks in commanding position as the asking rate is 8 almost... Sehwag might be useful also!!!!

surendar said:
thts a fabulous job by Bhaji and Karthick!!!! Well done India!!! India looks in commanding position as the asking rate is 8 almost... Sehwag might be useful also!!!!
ok i will bring Sehwag on for Agarkar.

Anylasis:
India posted a moderate score taht they would of been dissapointed with
Flying start with india desperate with pak on the front foot
India pull pak back too easily and pak are nearly right out of the game unless they produce a few big overs ina row.

Salman Butt finally reached his fifty but i highly doubt if the team will appreciate it as it took 109 balls and required run rate is now almost 10 rpo.

10ml1.png

Users who are viewing this thread