Story Associates K.O Cup - One Dream - Whom are you supporting?

WubbaLubbaDubDub

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
ICC--BCCI--ECB-and-Cricket-Australia-logos-composite.jpg

Revamped ICC Gives Opportunity To Associates and Affliates

N Srinivasan has been confirmed as the ICC's first chairman after constitutional changes to the governing body were passed at the annual conference in Melbourne on Thursday. The ICC Development Committee has also been reconstituted to emphasise the strategic importance of developing the game beyond its traditional boundaries.The Committee will be chaired by the ICC Chairman and include the three Associate Member representatives of the ICC Board, the three Associate Member representatives on the ICC Chief Executives? Committee and the Affiliate Members? Global Representative. It will also include the Full Member Directors Mr Chingoka (Zimbabwe), Mr Cameron (West Indies) and Mr Snedden (New Zealand) as well as Mr Richardson and ICC Head of Global Development Tim Anderson (both ex-officio). **

Mr Snedden in a press conference said that every two year there will be few teams who will be selected from 8 Cricket League Divisions. There are 38 teams that play cricket as Associates and Affiliates and out of those 38, 16 will be selected to play these Associate K.O cup for a once in a life time opportunity for a full time status at ICC. Snedden further added that All teams in Division 1 and 2 would automatically qualify which makes up 10 teams out of 16 but for Division 3 to 8 only 6 teams would qualify and they will have to fight it out in their respective divisions for certain scenarios. Teams that qualified for the first edition of the cup are

1. Ireland
  2. Afghanistan
  3. Scotland
  4. United Arab Emirates
  5. Hong Kong
  6. Papua New Guinea
  7. Kenya
  8. Namibia
  9. Netherlands
  10. Canada
  11. Nepal
  12. Uganda
  13. United States
  14. Bermuda
  15. Italy
  16. Germany

The schedule would be released by this weeks end and it would be interesting to see if United States and Germany would be on the field for a very different reason this time. Its truly said sports bring countries together and what happened off field would remain off field. Its a different war altogether, war to survive and get qualified for full member status, war to earn loads of buck under the big three :p:spy

Please note

** - Copied from Cricinfo Website

Last edited:
Good to see you back in this section, Rahul. Best wishes for this story. :thumbs

Good to see you back in this section, Rahul. Best wishes for this story. :thumbs

If people like you read the story and help me improve it I will take that best wishes :D.

@rahulkhush - be assured Rahul, I'll be surely following this. :)
@joejoe018 - Every writer has his own creativity, regardless of the same concept it isn't necessary that if you start a story it'll be just like this, there can be 2 quality stories totally different from each other and yet on the same topic. :)

I had a story planned just like this, you beat me to it. :p

Same concept same name two writers obviously stories will be different. I wish you good luck for your story

tourist_attacks_and_our_global_reputation_1088760630.jpg

Martin Snedden Announces Schedule For Knockout Championship

Martin Snedden the newly appointed head for development of cricket in other nations has announced the fixtures for the first edition of the knockout cup. Since the time the cup was announced there were some heavy criticism as few associates said that it would not be fair for those countries to not get chance who are trying for many years to become a full member. A spokesperson who wants to remain anonymous and is close to Irish cricket said "What if by luck Germany win the cup? Will it be fair to give them a full time status ahead of Ireland,Netherlands,Scottish etc who have been trying so hard since a long time in international cricket." Seeing the criticism the board decided to revamp its structure and changed few laws which would help lead them to full time status.

In the newly proposed law a country to get this opportunity to become full time member at ICC they have to win 2 out of the 3 Knockout championships. So for example if Germany wins the T20 Knockout championship it has has to win one more Knockout Championship in other format like 4 day cricket or 50 over cricket to get a chance for a full time status. Also the time to be a full time member is reduced from 4 years to 2 years. To simplify things the way associates would play cricket now would be

One year - Knockout Cups
Next Year - World Cricket League and Intercontinental Cup

The year when they play Intercontinental Cup and WCL they would fight to get placed in the Knockout Cup. The schedule for the 50 over Cup was also release and it sure has some pretty exciting matches

2ijnv5l.png

It has also been declared that the winner of the tournament will be given 1 million dollars and the runner up would get $75000. It will be really interesting to see how this tournament goes on and whether or not it will be televised?

Which team are you supporting fans at PC?

Probably going to do different - GO United States! :p

285px-Italia.svg.png

Federazione Cricket Italiana Announce Warm Up Matches

Simone Gambino president of Federazione Cricket Italiana has announced two 50 over warm up matches against Uganda to be played in Colombo Sri Lanka. This warm up match would provide both team necessary practice and would help them acclimatize in the Sri Lankan conditions where the actual tournament is to be held. There is not much expected from Italy as well as Uganda as they both are upcoming Cricketing nations but still have a long way to go.

In terms of teams combination Italy is heavily dependent on two star players Gareth Berg who also plays for Middlesex county in England and Carl Sandri who plays for Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League. Dilan Fernando who is a Sri Lankan born cricketer will be very useful in terms of helping the team acclimatize to conditions. Italy would be high on confidence as recently in ICC Qualifier for World T20 for Bangladesh they beat USA which is a higher ranked team.

Like Italy, Uganda is also currently in Division three of World Cricket League. Uganda is too an impressive upcoming nation. For cricket's development it is really important to have teams like Italy and Uganda rich sky high in terms of development. Uganda hasnt had much success lately in 50 over cricket and have lost all matches in World Cup qualifiers. The last 50 over match they won was against Canada which is though a higher ranked team the match was just a warm up match for Qualifiers. Uganda came 13th in the ICC T20 World Cup qualifiers.

Previous Encounters

Last time these two teams met was in a different format all together. They played against each other in T20 WC Qualifiers for Bangladesh and it was a thriller. Uganda just won the match with 1 wicket and 1 ball. Here is a look at the scorecard.

2nlbp5s.png

Although this is just two warm up 50 over matches it will be interesting to see which teams shows better character.

It's weird aren't playing Michael di Venuto. Good update though. You should take help from @VC the slogger and @The Author as they are associate cricket masterminds.

The Author is, not me. Most of the stuff I know comes from his leagues, articles and the blog he maintains

Di Venuto's retired since 2012 and is currently Australia's batting coach.

----------

Nice presentation, mate. :thumbs

I like the look of the way DBC simulates matches.

It's weird aren't playing Michael di Venuto. Good update though. You should take help from @VC the slogger and @The Author as they are associate cricket masterminds.

As @VC the slogger mentioned, De Venuto plays for Italy but has been a batting consultant too for Australia A. Although the last time he played for Italy was way back in 2012 when world was supposed to end :p

Di Venuto retired from playing recently to pursue a coaching career, and his place was taken by Dinidu Marage. Undoubtedly, though, he'd be good enough to make the side. Germany, featuring players like Ollie Rayner, Jack Shantry and Craig Meschede (and can they tempt Shane Warne out of retirement?) might be a difficult prospect.

Go Ireland, obviously - but I love Berlin so Germany will be my second team

Users who are viewing this thread