Aussies announce tour thread; Casson, Noffke, Katich among notable inclusions

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The New South Wales left-arm wrist-spinner Beau Casson has been chosen as Australia's second slow bowler for the Test tour of West Indies. Also selected were former test batsman Simon Katich and in form all-rounder Ashley Noffke. Among the One Day inclusions were youngster Shaun Marsh and explosive Victorians David Hussey and (the seemingly out of favour) Cameron White.
Visit source
88277.1.jpg

Here is the full squad:

Test squad Matthew Hayden, Phil Jaques, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Simon Katich, Brad Haddin (wk), Ashley Noffke, Beau Casson, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Stuart MacGill, Ben Hilfenhaus.

ODI squad Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, David Hussey, Shaun Marsh, Cameron White, Brad Haddin (wk), James Hopes, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy averages 40 in first class cricket.
I haven't seen much of him, Is he ready for international cricket despite that average?

Surely there are better candidates in Australia? I've heard alot of Cullen?

Shoulda gone for McGain!

His really not good enough for International Cricket. I've seen him bowl, his going to get mauled. Michael Clarke is a better bowler.

McGain would've been a MUCH better option.

I haven't seen much of him, Is he ready for international cricket despite that average?

Cullen is over the hill atm. McGain is better but being the same age as MacGill meant he wasn't coming over. Good move by the selectors though, he won't get a game bar injury but he gets valuable experience.

Haha! What a joke, Casson? Shaun Marsh? The selectors are on a substance that shouldn't be sold in the black market in Compton. Those selections are stoopid. Should of been Luke Pomersbach, not Marsh. If Luke's name was Luke Marsh I swear he would be on that tour...It's all about the name.

Pomersbach certainly has a hell of support going his way, a Bradman Young Player of The Year award to his name aswell, he should definitely be given a chance. He'll probably end up like Hussey though and not play until he's 30 :p. Australia should start getting young batsmen into the team and giving them experience, players like Hayden, Ponting, Hussey and Symonds don't have many years left in them and youngsters can't just be brought in to the test side without experience. If Pomersbach is really the future of Australian batting, then he should be given a chance at test level.

Wrong Casson can spin the ball...

Seriously, what a joke. This peice of crap played better Cricket for WA, then goes to NSW and gets way overrated. Gee, if you want to play Test Cricket for Australia all you need to do is jump states.

NSW needs it's own country tbh, give some other states a chance

I reckon a bit've the reason he got selected is because he had success with the bat aswell.

Seriously, if you've got **** all quality spinners then don't pick a spinner just for the hell of it!

That's a really good point, surely Symmo and Clarke can bowl spin if necessary ? That would allow Australia to play 4 quality seamers, Lee, Clark, Tait and Hilfenhaus looks a very nice attack for me. They just need to get Tait and Hilfenhaus into the team and get rid of the medicore Johnson. I think Tait has to play test cricket, he's one of the most exciting bowlers in the world, and needs to have the chance to become the best fast bowler in the world. If he could develop a consistent line and length he'd be mighty dangerous. A team of:

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Haddin
Lee
Clark
Hilfenhaus
Tait

Looks very tasty to me, then maybe with Pomersbach in there in the near future aswell, definitely looks promising for Australia.

First off, there was a whole squad selected, so try to be less specific in your title for news, eg "Aussie tour of Windies squad announced - Casson, (other names such as Noffke, Katich) selected." Also try to put the whole squad in the news, otherwise it isn't news it's just discussion about whether Casson deserves it or not. Also make sure you're linking to the article, rather than just cricinfo.

Secondly, I'm surprised that Hilfenhaus has avoided the blowtorch here, he did nothing all year and yet still gets picked?

Cullen can barely get a game for South Australia at the moment...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread