Future squads named. 20/20 WC, India tour and Aus A tour of Pak.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My line up for the 20/20tournament would be....

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Hodge
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hussey above Clarke, i would. Read the disscusions on my Preview of Group B new team report and there my reasons.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Also Clarke doesn't seem to be a Twenty20 top order player and Symonds has to be down the order to hit later in the innings.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Brad Hodge is one of the leading run scorers in Twenty20 history - he needs to be higher up the order.

What about Cameron White? I forgot about him. I think he has either the highest Twenty20 score in county or the fastest century. Can't remember but he should be in the team.

Woops, my bad. He isn't even in the squad. :eek:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Clarke is the one member of the side who's never really proven an ability to score well over a run a ball. If you put him down the order you might not get the big hits when you need them and if you put him up the order he might not produce as big a score as Symonds or Hodge. Probably, though, you can compile this team in any of ten ways and it would still be the best on paper.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You have to remember that you are coming up against some very inexperienced Twenty20 sides. England have played more Twenty20 Internationals than any other country and you skittled us with players like Ben Hilfenhaus and Shane Harwood!

jeita

School Cricketer
voges captain of australia a over cameron white?

i would rather see gillespie in the australia a setup than bollinger. i know its a medium to test new talent and give them a hint of what international cricket will be like, but bollinger seems destined to be a pura cup cricketer for the rest of his career, and it may be interesting to see if gillespie has recovered the form he lost during that ashes series.

read something on the internet the other day about michael clarke opening the batting in ODIs after hayden or gilchrist retires. dont know how well that would work, but it may allow a hodge or a voges to squeeze into the side down the order.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
voges captain of australia a over cameron white?

[1] i would rather see gillespie in the australia a setup than bollinger. i know its a medium to test new talent and give them a hint of what international cricket will be like, but bollinger seems destined to be a pura cup cricketer for the rest of his career, and it may be interesting to see if gillespie has recovered the form he lost during that ashes series.

[2] read something on the internet the other day about michael clarke opening the batting in ODIs after hayden or gilchrist retires. dont know how well that would work, but it may allow a hodge or a voges to squeeze into the side down the order.

[1]- Maybe he seems destined to be a Pura cup player for the rest of his carrer because he hasn't had a chance. I've seen him bowl a lot and he deserved his chance

[2]- Hes opened the batting before. It was in the 05-06 VB series i think. He got like a 70 then like a 100* and lots of good scores. He will do the job well.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good to see Bollinger get a go picked him when he was 19 to make it.
Ronchi was the better choice over Haddin just to give him some experience overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread