Story Austin Phoenix: In a Dreamy State

extremeslogger

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Austin Phoenix-In a Dreamy State

Austin trod along the soggy grass towards the ancient pavilion that belonged to Richmond Titans CC, a small, struggling cricket club in South West London. "I heard you're headin' back to the US son, is that true?" asked Neville Cunningham, the head coach at the Richmond Titans. "Just briefly...".
"Why?" interrupted Neville.
"Apparently there's open trials for the American National squad, there isn't a big player pool in the States because of the wide variety of sports that are more popular over there. They launched a scheme funded by the ICC to try and find players abroad eligible to play for them...I hope you don't mind but this could be my big break and I really need to snatch at this opportunity." answered Austin.
"That's great, good luck and just make sure you give me a share of the cash when you're playing in the IPL!" replied Neville cheerily.
"Hahaha! Thanks coach, but I'll doubt I'll even reach the 1st tier of club cricket at the rate I'm going but anyway I need to pack...Bye!"

Profile:

82434d1303723724-dragonfires-graphics-slogger-face-1.png

Full Name: Austin Miguel Santiago Phoenix
Date of Birth: 6th August 1996
Place of Birth: Havana, Cuba
Role: All-Rounder
Nickname: Rhythm
Batting Hand: Right Handed Batsman
Bowling Style: Medium Pace

South London Twenty20 Challenge League Division 6 Profile for Austin Phoenix:

Born in Havana in Cuba, Austin left Cuba for Miami at the age of 3 with his father, Dwayne Phoenix who is a former professional cricketer from Antigua. They left because Dwayne had accepted the job as the Head Coach of the USA cricket team. Austin lived in the USA for 8 years before moving to India because his Dad took up a different coaching job in the country. Austin continued to move for the next few years as his Dad took up different coaching positions around the world before deciding to retire from cricket and become a DJ in the UK. Austin then decided to join a newly formed, overly ambitious local cricket club that goes by the name of Richmond Titans CC. He was the leading wicket taker by 10 wickets in his first season in the U15's and also top run scorer by 123 runs so he was drafted into the 1st XI where he scored a debut century. County scouts are closely following his progress but have so far failed to make an approach for him. Austin Phoenix is one of the hottest properties in English cricket, but he may soon opt to play for a nation on the other side of the Atlantic*...

Though he'll still be eligible to play England if he does opt to play for the USA.

ALL-TIME BATTING
|Mat.|Inn.|N.O.|Runs|Ave.|H.S.|50/100
First Class|0|0|0|0|0|0|0/0
List A|0|0|0|0|-|0|0/0
Twenty20|0|0|0|0|0|0|0/0
Other|0|0|0|0|0|0|0/0

ALL-TIME BOWLING
|Ovs.|Runs|Wkts|Ave.|B.B.|5wi|Ct.
First Class|0|0|0|0|0|0|0/0
List A|0|0|0|-|-|-|0/0
Twenty20|0|0|0|0|0|0|0/0
Other|0|0|0|0|0|0|0/0

Dwayne Phoenix:

82435d1303723724-dragonfires-graphics-slogger-face-2.png

Neville Cunningham:

82436d1303723724-dragonfires-graphics-slogger-face-3.png

unled1yf.jpg

Credits to DragonFire for the player pictures.

Last edited:

extremeslogger

Club Cricketer
Here's a little update for you, I have decided to leave it on a cliffhanger before the exciting trial day...

Austin arrived at JFK Airport at 8.30 on 30th May 2011 giving him 2 days to prepare for the trials. The match was going to be played in New York at the St George's Club Ground due to the convenience of it being in somewhere easily accessible to most of the players. The Board of Directors were there to watch and the USACA president, Gladstone Dainty had a determined look on his face as this could be a new dawn for American cricket. Players currently in the American cricket set-up did not attend the trial as though some of them will be used in the final squad, this was about discovering new players.

The players had been split into 2 teams: USACA XI A AND USACA XI B and Austin was in USACA XI A which would be captained by Sunil Pathan, an Indian immigrant who hadn't got round to registering with the cricket association as his job as an accountant was very demanding. Both teams went through vigorous training schedules throughout the day designed by the USACA and everything went smoothly apart from the odd bust-up, usuallly started by an arrogant swing bowler called Sean Rossi but the biggest revelation was to happen at the worst time possible...

extremeslogger

Club Cricketer
Austin's room mate for his stay in New York was Sean Rossi, an American of Italian and Australian descent who learned about cricket whilst studying in the UK. He was a mysterious character, always on the phone and several other players refused to share a room with him because of his grumpy character, some even made claims that he had mafia links and was more interested in gaining allies rather than playing cricket. Austin didn't believe these claims and found Sean quite friendly, but everyone responded by saying that Sean may find him "useful" and to stay alert at all times when around him:

It was 9.30am, Sean and Austin were both watching television in their hotel room when Austin decided it was time to go to sleep, "I'm kinda weary after training today and I need to be fresh tomorrow, so I'm going to sleep if you don't mind." said Austin pompously. Sean suddenly turned around forced Austin to the floor, brandished a gleaming knife before replying, "You aint goin' anywhere, I've got something big planned for you tonight and you won't disappoint, will you?" Austin was stunned and so surprised that he just answered "errrr...yes" in a very nervous tone as he just wanted the knife away from him. His wish was granted when Sean slowly pulled his knife back before slotting it in a leather case, whilst doing so he murmured, "I thought so...eliminating the competition won't be as hard as I thought."

Near

Club Cricketer
Nice update. I am liking the suspense on what Sean is gonna do next. KIU

Last edited:

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Used my c07 logos there?! Did not even care to mention!?:facepalm

extremeslogger

Club Cricketer

I did use your logos, but I removed the background. I could mention that you made them in the opening post if you like?

Users who are viewing this thread