harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
very good use of images here so far mate. the only thing i would suggest if possible is maybe download the batpack and some pitch mats and stumps. it just gives the game a realistic feel. other than that your doing very well

Thanks MWaugh. I'll certainly download the pitch graphics and bats later. I've already installed the face pack for India and Pakistan and also some sky sports graphics. Will these affect the other patches?

MWaugh

International Coach
harishankar said:
Thanks MWaugh. I'll certainly download the pitch graphics and bats later. I've already installed the face pack for India and Pakistan and also some sky sports graphics. Will these affect the other patches?

no they shouldnt. unless you download something that will impact on the roster (.ros) but i have a feeling only burmas finest 4GB batpack will change anything. i am using the batpack made by langerrox, colin (barmyarmy), burma and others who i forget. and it hasnt caused any problems. the overlay will definatly be fine and the faces should be ok aswell.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Tea Day 3

Match situation:

Australia 2nd Innings: 243 for 5 after 72 overs (lead by 361 runs with 5 wickets in hand)

5160552a.jpg

Mike Haysman: Ladies and gentlemen, the post-lunch session was the story of Australia's consolidation. Although they lost the wicket of Michael Clarke who looked well set, Katich and Gilchrist have put on a wonderful partnership to steady the ship. They lead now by 361 runs and that looks daunting if you're a South African. With me are Robin Jackman and Mark Taylor to discuss the session's highlights. Robin, your thoughts on that session?

Robin Jackman: A very good session for Australia although I thought South Africa bowled really well. Ntini bowled his heart out and got the reward of Clarke's wicket, but I thought he wasn't well backed up by the other bowlers, particularly Nel. They simply couldn't sustain any kind of pressure on the Aussies after that wicket of Clarke and of course, we all know what Gilchrist is capable of...

368ac019.jpg

Mark Taylor: It was a lovely partnership first of all between Clarke and Katich and then Katich and Gilchrist. Gilchrist was very positive out there and they scored fairly quickly in that session. They scored a hundred runs for the loss of just one wicket and it looks like Australia are on top now. That pitch is definitely now starting to take a bit of spin and chasing any total over 350 in the last innings is never going to be easy. I say advantage Australia. Going into the last session of the day, they'll look to build on a large lead and try and bat South Africa well out of the game.

Mike Haysman: Do you see a declaration coming any time today, Mark?

Mark Taylor: Not likely. I don't think they'll want to give South Africa two full days to bat and I think they'll want over 450. So if they continue the way they are and don't lose any wickets today, they might look to declare tomorrow morning after about an hour's play...

Mike Haysman: Thanks Mark and Robin. Well, it looks like Australia all the way from here. But South Africa need to stay positive and their first task will be to try and bowl Australia out this evening. It will be interesting to see Australia's tactics now and I hope you can join us after the end of day's play. Till then, it's goodbye!

Attachments

• tea-day3-aus-batting.jpg
    tea-day3-aus-batting.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 50
  • tea-day3-sa-bowling.jpg
    tea-day3-sa-bowling.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
no they shouldnt. unless you download something that will impact on the roster (.ros) but i have a feeling only burmas finest 4GB batpack will change anything. i am using the batpack made by langerrox, colin (barmyarmy), burma and others who i forget. and it hasnt caused any problems. the overlay will definatly be fine and the faces should be ok aswell.

Thanks MWaugh! :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Is it just me or are the pictures not showing up? Apart from the scorecard...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Its just you ! Mr President

Anyways good tour and here the aussies certainly having the upper hand.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Is it just me or are the pictures not showing up? Apart from the scorecard...

The screenshots of the action are stored in flickr. The scorecards are attachments. Maybe you have disabled images from flickr from loading?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well, it could just be that I am in UAE (Several sites, etc. are blocked). Does flickr hold any sort of offensive information etc?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
It's just a image hosting site like photobucket...

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
End of day 3

Match situation:

Australia 2nd Innings: 291 all out in 90.1 overs (lead by 409 runs)
SA 2nd Innings: 28 for 0 in 7 overs (require 382 runs more to win)

aa7c7a69.jpg

Mike Haysman: Ladies and gentlemen, it has been another intriguing session in this see-saw test match. The Australian lower order has once again collapsed leaving SA an unlikely but not impossible target of 410 runs to win with two days remaining. With me to discuss the session highlights are Ian Chappell and Barry Richards. First of all, Ian, this is a repeat of the first innings where the Australians collapsed after being in a strong position.

Ian Chappell: It is a cause for concern, not in this game, but the fact that the lower order didn't produce too many runs in this test match. In a tight game, it could make all the difference. Here, however, I do believe that Australia have enough runs on the board... they would have liked more, to be sure and batted SA completely out of the game, but even now they're in a pretty strong position. SA have an outside chance, though, if they bat really well.

626d0962.jpg

Mike Haysman: Barry, where do you see this game heading? SA have two days to bat and surely a draw is out of the equation. If they bat out two days, they'll surely win this match.

Barry Richards: They have to stay positive and believe that they can win this match. It's a huge total, but not impossible. We have seen this pitch take turn and Shane Warne undoubtedly will be the big threat. However, if SA can see him off by not taking too many risks against him, there are runs to be had against the seamers. Australia don't have too much depth in the bowling department in this match and I feel that Nathan Bracken is the weak link. If they get themselves in, we have seen that there are runs to be had here. The key is to stay positive.

Mike Haysman: Thanks Barry. Well, we have Robin Jackman who's caught up with the South African skipper Graeme Smith for his thoughts and we'll join them. Over to you, Robin.

Robin Jackman: Thanks Haysey. Well, Graeme, that was a good session for you. You managed to restrict Australia after they threatened to take the game completely away from you. It's a huge total to chase, but it's not impossible, with two full days still to go.

Graeme Smith: Yes, Robin. I thought the boys bowled really well, particuarly Nicky and Makhaya. Makhaya bowled his heart out and he was unlucky just to pick up two in this innings. However, we're pretty happy with the way we've fought back in this match...

Robin Jackman: Batting is a different story, isn't it? You won't be particularly thrilled about the effort in the first innings.

Graeme Smith: No. It was not a great performance. But we are a strong batting side and hopefully the top order will come good in this innings. Herschelle is playing quite positively at the moment and if he scores some runs, we can put the Australians under pressure and then who knows what can happen? Shane Warne will be the biggest threat and we have a few plans to play him and with a bit of luck, I guess we can challenge this total.

Robin Jackman: Well, all the best, Graeme. Enjoy the rest of the evening. You have a lot of batting to do tomorrow!

Graeme Smith: Thanks, Robin.

Robin Jackman: Well, Haysey... the captain has spoken. He still thinks that there is a chance to challenge this Australian total. With a good start, who knows what can happen on day 4? It will be a very, very interesting session tomorrow morning. Back to you at the studio.

Mike Haysman: Thank you, Jackers... Well, that's all we have for you from here, but hope you can join us on day 4 of this great Test match. Until then, it's goodbye from all of us here.

Attachments

• Aus-scorecard-innings2.jpg
    Aus-scorecard-innings2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 39
  • SA-bowling-innings2.jpg
    SA-bowling-innings2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 37
  • End-of-day3-SA-batting-innings2.jpg
    End-of-day3-SA-batting-innings2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Lunch Day 4

Match situation:

South Africa: 128 for 3 after 35 overs (require 282 more to win with 7 wickets remaining)

4439b50d.jpg

Mike Haysman: Ladies and gentlemen. What a breathtaking session of test cricket that was. Herschelle Gibbs set the innings alight with a wonderful 90 off just 73 balls and for a while it looked as though he was taking the game away from Australia. Unfortunately for him and for South Africa, he holed out at deep square leg off the bowling of Warne. Now with three wickets down, SA are in a bit of trouble. With me are Ian Healy and Mark Taylor. Ian, that was a crucial wicket, wasn't it? Australia were jittery for a while there and Gibbs was definitely taking the match away from them.

Ian Healy: Wow. Absolutely crucial, that wicket of Gibbs. He was looking mighty dangerous and had he continued, South Africa might well be looking at winning the match, possibly even today! Warney bowled a wonderful spell under pressure when the seamers at the other end were getting tonked around. It's amazing how this match has come alive once again on day 4. Wonderful advertisement for test cricket.

aefa4e30.jpg

Mike Haysman: Mark, your thoughts on what lies ahead in the next session of play?

Mark Taylor: I think South Africa can still mount a challenge. Australia have to keep the pressure up. As long as Kallis stays at the crease, SA are always in with a chance. Shane Warne will have to bowl a long spell today, one feels... And Lee looked fired up after that wicket of AB DeVilliers. I think that this match is heading for a fantastic climax and I'm looking forward to the next session.

Mike Haysman: Well, folks, it looks like a very good contest, but one just feels that Australia are in a better position going into the post-lunch session. Those three quick wickets after that blazing knock by Gibbs would have given them a boost and they'll come after the South Africans all fired up. We'll join you at Tea after what should be the most important session of this Test match. Until then, it's goodbye from all of us here.

Attachments

• lunch-day4-sa-batting.jpg
    lunch-day4-sa-batting.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 35
  • lunch-day4-aus-bowling.jpg
    lunch-day4-aus-bowling.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Tea Day 4

Match situation:

South Africa: 227 for 5 after 63 overs (requiring 183 to win with 5 wickets in hand)

64cdba3e.jpg

Mike Haysman: Ladies and gentlemen, that was an amazing session of play with 99 runs scored for the loss of two wickets. And this Test match is now set up nicely thanks to a fantastic knock by Kallis. Rudolph is still out there and looking very good indeed. South Africa need a 183 runs to win and they have five wickets in hand. This one looks like going down to the wire... I have with me, Barry Richards and Ian Chappell and gentlemen - this match looks like it's still wide open. Australia need five wickets and SA need 183 runs. Both results are still possible. Quite unbelievable, but true. What a great game this has been.

Barry Richards: It has been a tremendous fightback by South Africa. First with the ball and now with the bat. Hershelle Gibbs played a blinder of an innings to set this situation up and Kallis played a great role as well. Australia have got back with those key wickets of Kallis and Dipenaar before tea, but it still looks like anybody's game. I must say that South Africa have played some excellent positive cricket and it shows in the scorecard. They've knocked off these runs quite briskly and it looks like Australia will be on the defensive once that target starts dwindling down. Game on...

f41833bf.jpg

Ian Chappell: This has been an amazing test match so far, Mike. We all thought that Australia would dominate this match. But the South Africans have fought back in both innings with the ball and restricted Australia. They have given themselves a fantastic chance at getting that total and it will be a historic win if they get there. As far as Australia are concerned, I thought Warne bowled brilliantly and looked the best bowler of the lot, which was not very surprising on this fourth day wicket. They now need a wicket desperately to expose the lower order of South Africa and put them under pressure. As long as Rudolph is out there, the Australians will feel the heat. He's looking in ominous form out there and Australia would be glad to see him back in the pavilion. They need to now bowl really well to win this match and they'll need to pull themselves up for the challenge.

Mike Haysman: Thanks gentlemen. Well, that's all we have from the studios at the moment. But don't forget to join us after what should be yet another great session of cricket. Until then, it's goodbye from all of us.

Attachments

• tea-day4-sa-batting.jpg
    tea-day4-sa-batting.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 30
  • tea-day4-aus-bowling.jpg
    tea-day4-aus-bowling.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Day 4 - Game over at 5 pm. Australia win the match by 155 runs

Final match summary:

Aus 1st Innings: 339 all out in 90 overs.
(Ponting 144, Clarke 102, Ntini 5-73, Boje 2-24)

SA 1st Innings: 221 all out in 58.3 overs.
(Pollock 43*, Boucher 36, Warne 4-53, Lee 3-81)

Aus 2nd Innings: 291 all out in 90.1 overs.
(Katich 85, Gilchrist 53, Boje 3-35, Kallis 3-37)

SA 2nd Innings: 254 all out in 74.1 overs.
(Gibbs 90, Kallis 80, Warne 5-61, Lee 3-80)

Australia win by 155 runs.

dac87c92.jpg

Mike Haysman: Ladies and gentlemen, Australia have won this terrific match in just under 4 days and have taken a lead of 1-0 in this two test series against South Africa. Sadly for South Africa, the final session saw five wickets fall for less than 30 runs as Australia blasted out their lower order. The game is now over and with me to discuss the match are Ian Healy and Barry Richards. First of all, Barry, some words. I'm sure you're disappointed at the outcome, but it was a wonderful test match nonetheless.

Barry Richards: I am disappointed, Haysey, because I thought the match would go right down to the wire. Sady that wasn't the case, but it was a spirited run-chase by South Africa in any case. It was a pity that Rudolph and Boucher played two rash strokes and got themselves out, because they were the key if South Africa were to get anywhere close to that target. They had the match well under control before tea and looked good. Once they fell, the result was only academic. You expect these Aussies to polish off the tail and that's what they did. Coming after their terrific fightback on day 1 and day 3 of this match, you expected a better result from them.

Ian Healy: It was always going to be a tough run-chase with 400+ runs to get. South Africa batted well, I thought, but they just didn't capitalize on the great start provided by Graeme Smith and Hershelle Gibbs. On this wicket, the bowlers always got some assistance and all they needed were a few wickets to keep their spirits up. And that's what happened in the end. The wickets kept falling and South Africa were never really in the game. Great performance by the Australian bowlers, though. Credit where credit is due. Warney bowled brilliantly in both innings and Lee provided good support. Bracken I thought picked up a couple of crucial wickets in the match. Overall, the Aussies just managed to get ahead at crucial stages in this test match. It will be interesting to see who the man of the match is, because there have been some terrific performances both with bat and ball and from both sides.

Mike Haysman: Thanks, Ian and Barry. Well, we'll take a short break and then come back for the presentations. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• SA-scorecard-innings2.jpg
    SA-scorecard-innings2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Aus-bowling-innings2.jpg
    Aus-bowling-innings2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Presentations by Robin Jackman - 1st Test Match (Cape Town)

Robin Jackman: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the presentations for this first Test match of the Standard Bank test series between South Africa and Australia. It was a fascinating match of fluctuating fortunes over 4 days and ultimately Australia came out on top. Congratulations to the Australians and hard luck, South Africa. First of all, I would like to call upon the South African captain, Graeme Smith to have a few words with us... Graeme, first of all, hard luck, but the Aussies just played wonderfully well...

Graeme Smith: Thanks, Robin. It was a great performance by Australia and they deserved to win. I thought they just batted and bowled better than us...

Robin Jackman: You did fight back in both the innings to restrict Australia. But your batting just wasn't up to it. Where did you go wrong?

Graeme Smith: Yeah, our bowlers did brilliantly. Makhaya bowled his heart out and Nicky was great too. All the bowlers performed quite well, but unfortunately our batting in the first innings let us down. We just couldn't build enough partnerships and in the end, that first innings lead we gave them was crucial to the outcome of this game.

Robin Jackman: Well, Graeme, hard luck for this match, but all the best for the second test.

Graeme Smith: Thanks, Robin...

Robin Jackman: Ladies and gentlemen, now we have the man of the match award. Well, we had quite a few contenders for this award from both sides. Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Simon Katich for Australia for their batting, Brett Lee and Shane Warne for the bowling. For South Africa, Gibbs and Kallis played very well in the second innings and Makhaya Ntini and Nicky Boje bowled very well in both innings. However, the final choice... Shane Warne, for his outstanding spell of spin bowling which ultimately made the difference in this match. He ended up with 9 wickets in the match and deservingly our Standard Bank man of the match. Congratulation, Shane!

Shane Warne: Thanks, Robin.

Robin Jackman: It was a special bowling effort. Talk us through that performance...

Shane Warne: Yeah, it was a good, bouncy wicket, suitable for wrist spinners. And I guess I just had to hit the right areas. It probably started turning more in the 2nd innings which is not surprising and I guess it was a question of patience and you got the reward.

Robin Jackman: Best of luck for the next match, Shane... enjoy the cheque... Now I'd like to call upon the winning captain for this match: RICKY PONTING! Congratulations, Ricky... That was an excellent performance. You must be very pleased, particularly with your batting in the first innings.

Ricky Ponting: Yeah, Robin. It's always nice to score a century in the 1st innings of the first match of a series. It sets the game up nicely and hopefully I can carry that form through to the next game.

Robin Jackman: Yes, it was a very good performance. But have you any areas of concern? In spite of the final margin of victory, I'm sure you had a few flutters when South Africa began chasing that total in such a positive manner.

Ricky Ponting: To be sure. I thought our lower order batting was a bit of a let down. We need the guys to bat well down the order to challenge this South African side again. We'll also be working on a few areas as far as the bowling is concerned. But overall, I'm very pleased with the way the Test match has gone and we'll look forward to the next match... I'm sure the South Africans will come hard at us and we should be at our best in all areas of the game to challenge them.

Robin Jackman: Well, all the best Ricky! Don't forget to collect the cheque!

Ricky Ponting: Thanks, mate.

Robin Jackman: That's all we have from the presentations, ladies and gentlemen. We'll be back for the second and final test match from Johannesburg. But until then, it's goodbye from all of us...

Users who are viewing this thread