Australia v South Africa Stat Edited Test Match

timchrist984

Club Captain
I have started a test with my stats edits. I decided make a new thread to share the result as I clogged up Zimrahil's thread with my New Zealand v Australia series.

Australia (me) v South Africa (stat edited AI)
Conditions: Hard, Action Cam, Minimal HUD

Temperature: Warm (24 degrees)
Cloud Cover: Cloudy
Wind: Light
Pitch Wear: Day 1
Ball: Kookaburra
Comentator: David Lloyd

Stats:

Squad Stats;
Aus: bowl-bat-field: 75-83-83, Overall- 80
RSA: bowl-bat-field: 82:86-72, Overall- 80

Player Stats: bowl-bat-field

Australia

Watson 70-82-78
Hughes 5-72-73
Marsh 45-71-72
Clarke 56-86-92
Khawaja 24-70-88
Haddin 5-78-73
Copeland 70-35-74
Siddle 74-38-69
Bollinger 74-30-68
Lyon 65-35-80

South Africa

Petersen 10-85-67
Smith 53-88-76
Amla 17-86-71
Kallis 81-81-70
De Villiers 5-83-86
Prince 5-82-67
Boucher 5-82-64
Steyn 86-55-66
Morkel 82-52-64
Harris 77-45-63
Tsotsobe 76-31-50

The top 7 South African batsman all have their timing, judgement and placement precision maxed out.

Toss: Australia won the toss and elected to bat.

I'll try and keep everyone posted on the game.

timchrist984

Club Captain
I have finished playing day 1 now. It was great fun. I played it all at once and didn't get bored at all. South Africa dominated with the new ball, but I fought back. Haddin and Siddle have shared an unbeaten partnership of 129 and are looking strong. For most of the day I was scoring at about 2 and a half an over. However, I was not deliberately going that slow. The South African bowlers bowled accurately and restricted me really well. In the last few overs of the day I had a bit of a hit to take my over all run rate to around 3 an over.

These were the wickets that fell:

P Hughes (3) c: Amla b: Morkel (Outside edge to 3rd slip whilst attempting a back foot cover drove)

S Watson (30) c: Prince b: Kallis (Driven straight to cover)

S Marsh (28) c&b: Tsotsobe (Scooped a simple return catch)

Clarke (1) c: Smith b: Kallis (Big cover drive attempt that resulted in an outside edge and a simple catch at 2nd slip)

M Hussey (5) b: Harris (Bowled round his legs to an absolute peach)

U Khawaja (35) b: Steyn (Ball beat him for pace, but didn't hit the stumps. The repay showed this but he was still given out)

Scorecards:
SDC10002.JPG

SDC10004.JPG

SDC10006.JPG

SDC10007.JPG

SDC10010.JPG

Spin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tsotsobe on CL t20 duty for Warriors :|

timchrist984

Club Captain
I have now finished my first innings. South Africa bowled me out in the 16th over of the day. Siddle passed his fifty just before Haddin was dismissed. His dismissal triggered a lower order collapse, meaning I went all out for 338. Now I will be able to see how the AI bats.

B Haddin (111) b: Steyn (Inside edged a big in-swinger on to his stumps)

P Siddle (70) b: Morkel (Inside edge on to the stumps whilst attempting a cover drive)

T Copeland (22) c: Smith b: Harris (Edged to slip whilst attmepting a flick through the leg side)

D Bollinger (7) c: Boucher b: Harris (Edged behind whilst attempting to cut)

Scorecards:
IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

timchrist984

Club Captain
It is now stumps on day 2. The stats have made bowling so much harder as the South African openers dominated all day. I only took one wicket in 74 overs. Smith has completed his hundred and Petersen only just missed out. I have dropped 3 catches and had 3 LBW appeals turned down. Bowling hasn't actually been boring. It is so rewarding when you get the batsmen playing and missing. Even more so when you take a wicket. At stumps, South Africa are 1-230.

This was the wicket that fell:

A Petersen (95) c: Hughes b: Copeland (Edged straight to 2nd slip whilst playing off the back foot)

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

timchrist984

Club Captain
It is now the 2nd session on day 3 (3:08 to be precise). I have bowled South Africa out for 398 in 125 overs. Michael Clarke got the big wicket of Graeme Smith. The South African middle order didn't provide much resistance to the reverse swinging ball and Nathan Lyon's magic. I was offered the new ball in the 80th over, but I didn't take it until the 93rd as the spinners were looking threatening. So, I trail by 60 runs on the first innings.I have 2 and a half days to set South Africa a last innings target.

G Smith (151) LBW: Clarke (Misjudged a ball that didn't spin)

J Kallis (4) c: Khawaja b: Siddle (Flicked a full ball straight to square leg)

A de Villiers (7) c: Hughes b: Clarke (Edged straight to 2nd slip)

A Prince (9) c: Lyon b: Copeland (Scooped straight to mid off)

H Amla (84) c: Watson b: Lyon (Edged to slip)

D Steyn (0) c: Haddin b: Lyon (Well caught down the leg side)

P Harris (3) c: Hughes b: Lyon (Edged to 2nd slip

L Tsotsobe (5) b: Lyon (Big off break that spun between bat and pad on to the stumps)

SDC10013.JPG

SDC10014.JPG

SDC10015.JPG

SDC10016.JPG

Blake84

School Cricketer
This looks set up for a great finish.

What are your exact stats for Lyon. Does he still have the low spin rating.

timchrist984

Club Captain
I've now finished day 3 and looks like a South African victory is on the cards. At stumps I am 4-88 and leading by just 28 runs. I sent Peter Siddle in as a nightwatchman and he got out with 4 overs left in the day. I will really need Clarke and Hussey to fire if I am to set South Africa a decent 4th innings total.

P Hughes (9) c: Boucher b: Harris (Edged behind whilst attempting to push one through the off side)

C Marsh (1) c: Boucher b: Harris (Edged behind after he was late on defending a full ball)

S Watson (32) c: Amla b: Steyn (Edged to gully whilst attempting a cover drive)

P Siddle (6) c: Boucher b: Kallis (Edged a big out-swinger straight to Boucher)

SDC10023.JPG

SDC10025.JPG

SDC10027.JPG

SDC10028.JPG

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
65 with spin set to 10. Unfortunately I can still spin it massively.

That's right, but the more you can lower your bowlers stats the harder it should be to get wickets = more challenging games :cheers

timchrist984

Club Captain
Noooo! I've now gone all out for just 248 in the 2nd session of day 4. This means that South Africa needs just 188 runs to win in 4 and a half sessions. I will need to bowl really well if I am to have any chance at victory. Trent Copeland and Doug Bollinger shared a decent partnership for the 8th wicket, but I don't think it will be enough. Clarke, Watson and Haddin really needed to convert their starts in to hundreds. Morne Morkel was reversing the ball like crazy. He was simply unplayable to my tailenders.

M Hussey (3) b: Kallis

U Khawaja (9) c: Boucher b: Morkel

B Haddin (27) c: Boucher b: Smith

M Clarke (73) c: Bouched b: Smith

D Bollinger (27) b: Morkel

N Lyon (8) LBW: Morkel

SDC10030.JPG

SDC10033.JPG

SDC10034.JPG

SDC10036.JPG

timchrist984

Club Captain
Ok, I have now finished the test. It was a thriller that went right down to the wire (ended with just minutes left of day 4). South Africa made it safe to 0-69 before they collapsed. The spin of Lyon and the swing of Bollinger was too much for most of the South African middle and lower order. Jacques Kallis and Ashwell Prince were the only batsmen that could really play them. Even when they were 9 down, South Africa was still a hope. With South Africa needing 22 for victory Prince got out, leaving Tsotsobe stranded. For some reason, the AI seemed to forget that it was 5:50 on day 4. The way the were scoring was more like it was that time on day 5. So, I'm pleased that this test turned out so well. However, the AI's fourth innings total was a little worrying.

SDC10035.JPG

SDC10036.JPG

SDC10039.JPG

SDC10041.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread