Story My Australia v South Africa Test Tour

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well guys, I am going to be playing a 6 match series South Africa vs Australia and I'll be using the new sac2k4pt test patch and Radaga's new test patch that he has given me, so 3 will be played with the sac2k4pt patch and 3 with Radaga's, so should keep the test alive, I will be playing as Australia.

Test Schedule:

All matches will be in Australia

Test 1: South Africa vs Australia at Brisbane
Test 2: South Africa vs Australia at Adelaide
Test 3: South Africa vs Australia at Perth
Test 4: South Africa vs Australia at Hobart
Test 5: South Africa vs Australia at Melbourne
Test 6: South Africa vs Australia at Sydney

The patches and programs I will be using:

The new sac2k4pt test patch v1.2
The new Radaga's test patch
Sam's exe and sams exe runout fix.
Ch9 Sports TV Patch
Sac2k4pt custom fields

Condtions:

DAY 1: Hard Pitch, overcast, hot
DAY 2: Hard Pitch, cloudy, warm
DAY 3: Hard Pitch, Sunny, hot
DAY 4: Dusty Pitch, Sunny, hot
DAY 5: Dusty Pitch, Sunny, hot

Team lineups:

Australia

J. Langer
M. Hayden
S. Katich
D. Martyn
D. Lehmann
M. Clarke
A. Gilchrist
S. Warne
J. Gillespie
M. Kasprowicz
G. McGrath

South Africa:

G. Smith
H. Gibbs
G. Kirsten
J. Kallis
J-P. Duminy
J. Rudolph
M. Boucher
S. Pollock
A. Hall
P. Adams
M. Ntini

All updates will be off ABC Radio Australia

Last edited:

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
Richie Benaud - Welcome to all the people that have tuned in, to the Brisbane cricket ground for the first day of what is to be a thrilling test match between South Africa and Australia, well its quite hot and overcast here today meaning the ball is going to swing a little and keep the batsman on there toes, well down to Jim Maxwell for the pitch report, Jim - Jim Maxwell - Thanks Richie, well the pitch is Hard with a lot of bounce, so keeping a good line is going to be hard for the bowlers, and I would not want to be a fielder with it been very hot down here in the middle, well thats the pitch report back to you Richie - Richie Benaud - Well South Africa won the toss and elected to bowl, so its going to be good to see if that was the right decision, the umpires are walking out so play will start very soon.

Lunch

Jim Maxwell - Well the total at lunch is 48/1 - Richie Benaud - The first session for the aussies is not going very well with Hayden falling after 30 ball for just 12 runs from a good ball from Kallis that made a mess of the wickets, with Ponting now in after Beven got hurt in the nets, things still did not pickup for the Austalians with them just having a run rate of 1.78 an over, due to a good line been held by the south african bowlers making it very hard for the aussies to score runs - Jim Maxwell - but a few good shots were made by Ponting with some nice shots down the ground for four. Well lunch is almost over and its time to return to the ground for the resume of play back to you Richie - Richie Benaud - Well its time to get back to the action and see if Australia can get a good total on the board be the end of play

ABC Radio Australia

(The current match is been played with the sac2k4pt test patch v1.1)

Last edited:

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
Richie Benaud - Well after 56 overs the players have gone in for tea and the total is 1/139 with Langer and ponting both on 54 - Jim Maxwell - The second session for the aussies has been going very well after lunch, Langer and pontings partnership is now worth over a 100, and the south African bowlers becoming a little hot under the collar, and its looks like the aussies are in with a chance to put a good score on the board, but it has not come with out a price with ponting taking a fast bouncer to the head almost sending him off hurt, but some very nice shots been play we have seen a few sweep shots off langer and a very good drive by ponting that have some what put the bowlers on the back foot. Well Richie how do you think the aussies are playing so far? - Richie Benaud - Well so they have taken there ran rate from from the first session of 1.78 to a nice 2.59 so it does look like a good score will be put up, but the main thing to think about is just how well will the Australians be bowling, the south Africans have come over with a strong side and so far it has started to show with the aussies been almost shutdown, but I think if Pointing or Langer can get a 100 and keep up there range of shots along with the tail, if they can put up a bit of a fight then it is going to turn into a good test match, back to you Jim Maxwell - Jim Maxwell - Thanks Richie, well there we go it should be a good test from here on out with the south African bowlers bowling very well and the Australian just trying to keep the run rate to at least 2.5 an over, its turning out to be a very good test. Well the umpires are returning to the field so the players can not be to far behind, so we will return to the ground for the resume of play.

ABC Radio Australia

(I'll post the scorecard when I am all out, and yes I know it gos off the radio theam)

Last edited:

Ste

Executive member
The aussies seem to have increased the run rate quite well. SA defiantly need some wickets soon. Come on SA!

Like the radio reports presentation of the tour as well, without the screenshots it defiantly leads to a more descriptive report of how play has progressed.

Ste

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
After Tea

Jim Maxwell - Well we are back here at the Brisbane cricket ground, and the players are returning after to for the final session of the day, and its Kallis to Hayden, well that was a good over with 3 good runs coming off it (a few overs later, 6th over after tea) well the aussies seen to be getting back on there feet with six fine runs off Tnini, and thats the over - Richie Benaud - Well so far this over has been not been going very well with a very close call off Rudolphs bowling with the ball just droping short off Adam's a very close call there for Hayden, and I am sure that he is having a small word to himself about that one - Jim Maxwell - Yes Richie I am sure he would be after that, a very close call just short of Adam's at behind point, OH never mind that now Ponting has just fallen to Tnini when trying to come out to play a ball that look like it was going down leg side, allowing Tnini to make a mess of the stumps, also letting Tnini to crack the partnership that himself and Hayden had going of 126 runs and Ponting is out for 57 - Richie Benaud - Well thats it for Ponting he is not happy about that one, but thats cricket and Lehmann now come out and looks to be fired up, so here we go Tnini to Lehmann and its a dot ball - Jim Maxwell - For all the people that may have just joined us here at the brisbane cricket ground on ABC radio, Katich has fallen to Tnini after try to play a forward leg glance and ball cutting back and ripping the wickets out of the ground, ending the 126 run partnership Hayden and himself had going, Richie... - Richie Benaud - yes it was a wonderful partnership that but all good things must come to an end and Tnini was just the man to do it for south africa, well the drinks are been taken out onto the field so we are will go, and be back in a minute, the score is 168/2

ABC Radio

More to follow, a end of day play review​

Last edited:

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
dude what kind of storie that would be with our no screen shot's

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
End of days play

End of the days play​

Richie Benuad - Well that brings the session to a close, with Australia on 233/3, with Lehmann the last batsman out on 28 from a good ball off Pollock, Jim - Jim Maxwell - Thanks Richie, yes Australia have put there foot in the door after such a bad start with them just on 48 at lunch it was looking to be a easy bowling session for the south african bowlers, but after the 75th they took the new ball and tryed putting it in Adams hands for his first over - Richie Benaud - Yes not the best move the south african side has made today - Jim Maxwell - Very true with Adams been hit for 4 off his first ball, Richie - Richie Benaud - Well the aussies have now got there run rate up to 2.89 runs an over and they look like there on the way to making a good score. Well thats stumps, tune back in tomorrow at the same time to catch all the action of Australia vs South Africa match here at the brisbane cricket ground tomorrow, and we will talk to you then, enjoy the rest of your night. From the Brisbane cricket ground this has been Jim Maxwell and Richie Benaud saying goodnight, goodnight. Jim Maxwell - Good night everyone

ABC Radio

Last edited:

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
fardin said:
dude what kind of storie that would be with our no screen shot's

why do I need screen shots,just by reading it you get a image of the game in your head, but I'll be posting the score sheets at the end of every teams session

Ste

Executive member
I do like the format which is like a conversation between the two commentators each giving there views mr Koala.

Ste

gold639

International Coach
Yeah I am using a similar format in my season(Link in my sig)

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
Start Of Day 2​

Richie Benaud - Welcome back to the Brisbane cricket ground for the next day of play with the score on 3/233 the aussies will be going out there and taking a few risks to put some runs on the board - Jim Maxwell - Yes Richie you would think that the Australians will be going out there with a good mind set, but its a new day and the weather is not getting any better, I just hope we do not get rained out - Richie Benaud - The weather should hold and we should get a fulls day play, well I can see the umpires walking out on the field so play should start very soon - Jim Maxwell - Do you think the south african bowlers will be take take wickets at or near the start of play Richie? - Richie Benaud - Well they should, with the weath as it is, the ball should swing around a lot today

Start of play

Jim Maxwell - Well after 10 overs the aussies have been able to put a lot of runs on the board and are starting to build a good partnership - Richie Benaud - Yes the partnership is now worth 52 and is starting to put strain on the south african bowlers (overs later) - Jim Maxwell - Well that brings up Martyns 50 off 99 balls and with only four, fours and a lot of luck on his part - Richie Benaud - Yes after the few drop catches down at mid off Martys luck was starting to get a little thin - Richie again - Well the aussies have got there run rate up to 3.12 runs an over and it is showing on the south african faces - Jim Maxwell - Yes I would not want to be the bowlers, right now with the Australians starting to get on top in this match - Richie Benaud - well... I would not say on top after the start they had yesterday, making 233 off 83 overs - Jim Maxwell - Thats it, the south africans have done it, martyns is out for 53 after a wonderful yorker off Hall to bring up his first wicket and stoping the growing partnership between Martyn and Langer of over 107 runs, just two overs before lunch - Richie Benaud - The score now is 4/314 and Katich is the new batsman - Jim Maxwell - Well the players are heading back for lunch and what a first session of the day by the Australians - Richie Benaud - Yes 83 runs and Langer is still not out on 127 off 302 balls - Jim Maxwell - A very good knock been done by Langer, well at lunch the score is 4/316 and we will be back in an hour, and back to the action

Last edited:

Mr. koala

Club Cricketer
Back to the action

Before the start of play

Richie Benaud - Welcome back to the Brisbane cricket ground, for the final session of play of day two, of the Australia vs South Africa test match, and the score at lunch is 3.. for 316 , its been a very good match so far with Langer and Martyn putting on a smashing partnership of a 92, with Martyn now out, its going to be up to Langer and Katich to see the aussies till tea if thay keep to their current game plan, Jim - Jim Maxwell - It has been a wonderful partnership by the batsman and some very good shots been played, but the south african bowlers, can not be put out of this yet, with some good bowling been showen, a lot of balls have just been missing the edge of the bat, so I would have to say I will not put my money on Australia just yet - Richie Benaud - Well Jim, you would have to say after such along spell of bowling been done by the south africans they have to be getting a little fustrated in the field and a few times now it has showen - Jim Maxwell - True, but the aussie are not doing to well with the bat after day one they were just 233..for 3 and it almost look like they were out of the game at the very start - Richie Benaud - It may not have been a very good start but Langer and Martyn have both showen the bowlers the true makers name, with sweep, drives and pull and hook shots that have been ging all around the ground, it is only a matter of time - Jim Maxwell - Well the umpires are heading back on to the ground and so play is only a few moments away

After Lunch (start of the last session)

Richie Benaud - Well the batsman are now making their way to the pitch for the start of play - Jim Maxwell - Well after the last few over the Australian batsman are showing that they are not will to go in to the field yet with some very nice shot pass the bowler, by the new batsman Katich - Richie Benaud - Yes, very good batting by Katich and Langer with there partnership now worth 50 - Jim Maxwell - Well a very close call there for Langer as Hall put it down at behind point, and the skipper is not looking very happy - Richie Benaud - You can not blame him for that one, is was moving very quickly and he was lucky just to pick it out of the crowd, but has not seemed to of worried him very much, he has just put that down to fine leg for four - Jim Maxwell - A very nice shot for four - Richie Benaud - Well this is starting to turn into a fine partnership between Langer and Katich, with the partnership now worth 87, and thats been put down the to deep point and has been turned into two, very nice running between the wickets -Jim Maxwell - well Richie, Rudolph has just taken out Katich for 74, with a good ball just pitching out side off stump - Riche Benaud - Well spiner's are always hard to play and Katich has been a little silly by trying to come out and cut it away for four, and its just come right back on to the wicket - Jim Maxwell - So Katich has fallen for 74 and its put a end to a long partnership between the batsman of over 125 runs - Richie Benaud - With the partnership now gone and Gilchris now making his way out to the field its going to be good to see if the south african bowlers can make a foot hold - Jim Maxwell - Well well, Gilchris did not waste any time, he has just put that ball right over the bowlers head for four, well there is the fall of the backbone, with Langer now out for 183 and a the crowed is on their feet gving him a wonderful send off, and after such a good knock and it been late in the day and the last known aussie batsman out there, I can see pointing declaring soon.. - Richie Benaud - So far the Australian batsman have put a very good score on the board and it is going to be hard for the south african batsman, to bat as the pitch gets older - Jim Maxwell - Well there you have it the Australians have declared at 6 for... 469 with Glichris and Watson both making their way back, to get ready for the last half hour of play - Richie Benaud - With that we will take a break and return in a few moments with the resume of play

ABC Radio
(below are some screen shots, I know it go off the radio theam)

Batting2004-11-2722-07-03-71.jpg
some very nice partnerships

Batting2004-11-2722-06-58-12.jpg
good bowling by the south africans

Batting2004-11-2722-06-55-18.jpg
also some good batting

Batting2004-11-2722-06-49-10.jpg
final scoreboard after Australia declares

Users who are viewing this thread