Australian Domestic Cricket

NSW are in a really good position here, we can bat for the rest of the day and a bit of tomorrow to build a solid lead then have the next day and a half to get 10 wickets.

Katich reached 1500 runs for the season. Its a record! He and Clarke are owning Hodge at the moment. He needs to be taken off. White showing some tired judgement. CLarke is starting to enjoy hitting McGain. Vics fading fast.

3 quick wickets and Vics have the momentum. Thornely better do good, I think he might do alright because we arent completly under the pump.

You know what they say... When the going gets tough, the tough get going.... Well thats not how I would describe Thornley this year.

Probably the only way Victoria was going to get out Katich. Unlucky not to get a well deserved 100. I had a feeling Hughes would make his break through 100 this inns, now we can expect a heap of 100s from him next season I hope.

Great, how the hype machine for Hughes is going to be unstoppable until next season.

Hopefully the match is over by the end of tomorrow and we can move on to next season.

Katich has been absolutely on fire in both forms of the game but no matter what he does i dont think he will ever play for Aus again.
Gotta feel sorry for the guy but i still dont like him.

So NSW have declared for 563, Brett Lee missing his maiden century by 3 runs and setting Victoria 629 to win.

No chance. But what do we have here? Nick Jewell hit a single off the first ball! If they keep this runrate up for another 120 overs or so, they COULD end up with 629.

Not.

I wish there was something they could do about draws in the final. It's just awful cricket. I don't think it's terribly justifiable to say that's just the advantage for finishing first when you already get the home game.

In the first innings Casson missed out on his maiden FC century by 1 run and in the second innings Binga missed his maiden FC century by 3 runs!

I wish there was something they could do about draws in the final. It's just awful cricket. I don't think it's terribly justifiable to say that's just the advantage for finishing first when you already get the home game.
What does happen when it's a draw in the final? Is it the team who's winning, or the team who won last year that wins?

What does happen when it's a draw in the final? Is it the team who's winning, or the team who won last year that wins?

If its a draw the team who finished first wins the cup. So in this case NSW will win if its a draw.

Great, Mash AND Hodge are out from MacGill's first two balls. I think I can tell who'll get this test spot...

Haha, from Cricinfo.

Hodge is on a hat-trick and Hussey is in to face him. Four fielders around the bat.

They have done all they can by giving an extra day. The only other option is to share the trophy.

Great stuff from Siddle yet again pick of the bowlers for Victoria. Poor Casson just can't get that 100, needs to get some tips from Hughes.
MacGill looks to be back to his best, getting out Hodge is no easy feat these days.

Users who are viewing this thread