Back injury forces Peter Siddle and Brett Geeves out of the summer

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well it defies belief that they played Siddle in Perth when they knew he had a niggle, while Johnson carried drinks, looking perfectly fit and was supposed to be playing anyway as he'd already had 3 games off. Possibly the stupidest selection decision of the summer.

Although the decision to play Brett Lee in the 1st ODI in the 7 game India series the night after NSW had won the Champions League was just as stupid. The NSW boys hadn't even joined the rest of the squad by the time they had to leave for the ground for that 1st match v India. And hey-ho - Lee injures his elbow in game 1...

You have a SQUAD of players, USE IT FFS.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I've used the phrase pain in the back. Dunnow about you.

I've never heard it. In fact, I couldn't imagine someone saying "these problems are a real pain in the back." You'd have to say something to them to correct them, like "don't you mean pain in the neck?" It's really is that distracting, you'd have to say something.

P

pcfan123

I have never heard pain in the back either. Pain in the ass, is self-explanatory and pain in the neck is a reference to hanging.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I knew playing Siddle at Perth was gonna come back and bite us on the back.........side:laugh

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really think that this makes much of a difference to Australia, Siddle is way over rated, he has his days, but he is replaceable

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Fitness seems to be a major cause of concern for Australia. I hope CA stops playing cricket 400 days a year and actually gives the players some much deserved rest. Its not fair to them at all. And people like Bracken, Lee & Tait suffer the most.

And talking about injuries, its really great that Watto has not been injured for a year now :clap

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Well, we've shot ourselves in the back....

Sorry, I've just run out of humour for the day :|

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Geeves is too heavily built to bowl fast, he is always going to be busting his gut or doing some sort of injury.

Note, I said "heavily built", he is not fat, he is actually muscular, but too big to bowl that fast.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Pretty much every pace bowler risks stress fractures, they just have to train too hard.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've never heard it. In fact, I couldn't imagine someone saying "these problems are a real pain in the back." You'd have to say something to them to correct them, like "don't you mean pain in the neck?" It's really is that distracting, you'd have to say something.
Must be due to hearing it a lot as a child, maybe it was meant to be 'Pain in the back-side?' Meh, I'll come up with a better pun later :p

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Must be due to hearing it a lot as a child, maybe it was meant to be 'Pain in the back-side?' Meh, I'll come up with a better pun later :p

Aha! Yes, 'pain in the backside' makes perfect sense, as backside is another word for arse/ass/bum/butt.

Users who are viewing this thread