Story Bangladesh Test and ODI tours (C2005 PS2 Normal Level)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I'm taking a break from my Pakistan story and having a go with Bangladesh. I have plenty of time on my hands so I will be able to work on both stories and will be going back to my Pakistan story regularily.

Bangladesh will begin the 2001/2 season with a 3 test tour of India, followed by 3 One Day Internationals. The tour will begin with two 4 day warm up games, the first being against the Board President's XI.

The Bangladesh squad for the tour of India is: Javed Omar, Hannan Sarkar, Al Sahariar, Habibul Bashar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Khaled Mashud, Mushfiqur Rehmen, Khaled Mahmud, Manjural Islam Rana, Mohammad Rafiq, Tapash Baisya, Mashrafe Mortaza, Aalamgir Kabir.

The Bangladesh team for the first warm up game is: Javed Omar, Hannan Sarkar, Al Sahariar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Khaled Mashud, Khaled Mahmud, Manjural Islam Rana, Mashrafe Mortaza, Alamgir Kabir. 12th Man: Tapash Baisya.

The Board President's XI team is : A.Chopra, S.Das, D.Mongia, M.Kaif, S.Bangar, H.Badani, A.Ratra, M.Kartik, A.Nehra, I.Siddiqui. A.Bhandari. 12th Man: R.Gavaskar.

Bangladesh have won the toss and batted first on a Dry pitch in sunny and humid conditions.

I look forward to reading this. I haven't read a Bangladesh story before so this should be good. Hope it goes well for you.

A Bangladesh Story! WoW Slowcoach, hope you have succes with your story, Good Luck! :happy

Board President's XI v Bangladesh - Drinks, Session 1, Day 1

Bangladesh have got off to a lightning fast start, scoring at close to 8 per over for the first hour, losing 2 wickets in the process. First to go was Hannan Sarkar when he went to work a ball to the legside off Nehra and played to early, spooning a catch in front of square leg where a diving Siddiqui held on to a good catch. Al Sahariar was next out when he he tried to run a ball from the expensive Siddiqui off the back foot down to third man and only succedeed in getting an edge through to keeper Ratra, who held on easy catch. All the batsmen have driven well through the covers with Javed Omar in particular looking in good touch, driving off both back and front foot with ease. So far all the batsmen have got starts but Bangladesh will need someone to go on with it on what looks to be a very good batting track.

Bangladesh 109-2 (14 overs) Extras 1

Javed Omar 43* (37 balls) 5 fours
Rajin Saleh 21* (21 balls) 2 fours

Hannan Sarkar c Siddiqui b Nehra 20 (11 balls) 4 fours 39-1
Al Sahariar c Ratra b Siddiqui 24 (15 balls) 2 fours 78-2

I.Siddiqui 7-0-68-1
A.Nehra 6-0-39-1
M.Kartik 1-0-2-0

Board President's XI v Bangladesh - 4 day match - Lunch, Day 1

Javed Omar and Rajin Saleh have taken their partnership to 105* at the Lunch break, with both batsmen looking very comfortable against a non threatening attack on a very flat pitch. Javed Omar brought up his 50 of 49 balls, while Rajin Saleh took 56 balls to reach the landmark. The Board President's XI have slowed the scoring, with M.Kartik bowling a tight spell and A.Nehra coming back well after an expensive beginning, but Bangladesh are in a strong position and look to be headed for a big total.

Bangladesh 183-2 (29 overs) Extras 5

Javed Omar 80* (87 balls) 11 fours
Rajin Saleh 54* (61 balls) 5 fours

I.Siddiqui 8-0-70-1
A.Nehra 9-0-51-1
M.Kartik 8-0-33-0
A.Bhandari 4-0-26-0

Board President's XI v Bangladesh - 4 day match - Drinks, Session 2, Day 1

The Bangladesh scoring rate has slowed considerably and Javed Omar has offered a couple of chances which haven't been taken, being dropped on 86* and 88*. The first catch was lobbed straight to mid wicket from a top edged sweep to a leg stump delivery from Kartik, a catch that even Monty Panesar could have taken in his sleep. The second chance was a difficult catch to a diving square leg from the bowling of Nehra, who along with Kartik, bowled a long accurate spell. The Board President's XI have set defensive fields which has curbed the scoring rate. Javed Omar has only scored 12 runs off his last 52 balls and is finding scoring particularly difficult, especially against Nehra, who has looked short of pace after coming back from injury but has bowled a full length on off stump with a hint of swing both ways. Rajin Saleh has played a fine hand and, along with Javed Omar, will be eyeing his hundred during the next hours play. Bangar is warming up to bowl his first spell of the innings after the Drinks break and will be hoping to impress the test selectors with a tidy spell and a wicket or two.

Bangladesh 219-2 (43 overs) Extras 6

Javed Omar 92* (139 balls) 11 fours
Rajin Saleh 77* (93 balls) 9 fours

I.Siddiqui 8-0-70-1
A.Nehra 16-1-62-1
M.Kartik 14-1-47-0
A.Bhandari 5-0-37-0

Last edited:
Bangladesh goin well at the moment... Indian bowlers(Siddiqi and Bhandari) are very expensive !!!

Note: The comment about Nehra being short of pace due to injury in my last post was a joke, Nehra is rated as a Medium Pace bowler in Cricket 2005 instead of being Fast Medium like in real life. I know Indian seam bowlers aren't the quickest but they aren't that slow, cmon EA Sports get it right. I hope Croft isn't still a leg spinner in this game like he was in Cricket 2004. Id like a squad editor in the new game to be the same as that in Cricket 2004, i mean, do we really need to edit a players ears (ok, creating Agarkar look alikes may be fun for a joke). Plus Tendulkar and Inzamam bat at number 3 on Cricket 2005 on the PS2 and there is no way to change it. EA sports should create a squad editor similar to the Cricket 2004 one so you can set the oppositions batting order the way it should be.

Last edited:
Board President's XI v Bangladesh - 4 day match - Tea, Day 1

Bangladesh have lost a couple of wickets to the left arm orthodox spin of Kartik, who picked up both Javed Omar and Mohammad Ashraful in his first over of a new spell, both players falling to the sweep shot. Javed Omar posted a patient hundred off 149 balls and was out soon after when an edge popped of his pad in front of him and keeper Ratra ran forward to take an excellent catch. After sweeping one ball for four, Mohammad Ashraful was out in the same over when he top edged an attempted sweep straight to Bhandari at short fine leg. Rajin Saleh has brought up his century off 137 balls with a four off the expensive Mongia, while Alok Kapali was starting to settle after being dropped by the keeper on 8* when he edged a low catch from a sweep at Kartik, who was by far the most impressive bowler in the first two sessions.

Bangladesh 289-4 (58 overs) Extras 7

Rajin Saleh 109* (141 balls) 14 fours
Alok Kapali 23* (27 balls) 4 fours

Javed Omar c Ratra b Kartik 102 (151 balls) 12 fours 235-3
Mohammad Ashraful c Bhandari b Kartik 4 (3 balls) 1 four

I.Siddiqui 8-0-70-1
A.Nehra 18-0-69-1
M.Kartik 17-1-59-2
A.Bhandari 5-0-37-0
S.Bangar 8-1-29-0
D.Mongia 2-0-22-0

Board President's XI v Bangladesh - 4 day match - Drinks, Session 3, Day 1

Bangladesh lost the wicket of Alok Kapali, who flicked a Bangar delivery straight to Kartik at square leg, before Khaled Mashud steadied the ship. Khaled Mashud raced to 50 in 43 balls and dominated an unbroken partnership of 74* with Rajin Saleh. Kaif, the Board President's XI captain, has tried all his options, and it seems that keeping Kartik on from one end and attacking with the seamers at the other is the best plan on a very flat pitch.

Bangladesh 379-5 (74 overs) Extras 9

Rajin Saleh 129* (179 baalls) 15 fours
Khaled Mashud 59* (49 balls) 10 fours

Alok Kapali c Kartik b Bangar 32 (36 balls) 6 fours 305-5

I.Siddiqui 8-0-70-1
A.Nehra 19-1-82-1
M.Kartik 19-1-73-2
A.Bhandari 7-0-48-0
S.Bangar 15-1-64-1
D.Mongia 6-0-37-0

Board President's XI v Bangladesh - 4 day match - Stumps Day 1

Bangladesh have declared at Stumps with a very healthy score. Rajin Saleh was finally out when he edged a sweep at Mongia to Ratra behind the stumps. Khaled Mashud was next to go when he top edged a sweep at Mongia and lobbed a catch to Bangar at short fine leg. Khaled Mahmud and Manjural Islam Rana added an unbroken 56* for the 8th wicket with some fine shots.

Bangladesh 467-7 declared (87.5 overs) Extras 14 (5nb, 9lb)

Javed Omar c Ratra b Kartik 102 (154 balls) 12 fours 235-3
Hannan Sarkar c Siddiqui b Nehra 20 (11 balls) 4 fours 39-1
Al Sahariar c Ratra b Siddiqui 24 (15 balls) 2 fours 78-2
Rajin Saleh c Ratra b Mongia 137 (197 balls) 16 fours 399-6
Mohammad Ashraful c Bhandari b Kartik 4 (3 balls) 1 four 239-4
Alok Kapali c Kartik b Bangar 32 (36 balls) 6 fours 305-5
Khaled Mashud (wk) c Bangar b Mongia 76 (66 balls) 13 fours 411-7
Khaled Mahmud (c) not out 20* (18 balls) 3 fours
Manjural Islam Rana not out 38* (30 balls) 7 fours
Mashrafe Mortaza, Alamgir Kabir did not bat.

I.Siddiqui 9-0-80-1
A.Nehra 19.5-1-91-1
M.Kartik 19-1-73-2
A.Bhandari 10-0-65-0
S.Bangar 19-1-87-1
D.Mongia 11-2-62-2

Last edited:
Board President's XI v Bangladesh - 4 day match - Drinks, Session 1, Day 2

The Board President's XI started well, with Chopra and Das looking in good touch, before a couple of wickets to Khaled Mahmud put Bangladesh on top. Both Chopra and Mongia were caught at square leg by Manjural Islam Rana as they mistimed leg glances.

Board President's XI 74-2 (13 overs) Extras 11

S.Das 29* (37 balls)
M.Kaif 1* (14 balls)

A.Chopra c Manjural Islam Rana b Khaled Mahmud 23 (26 balls) 2 fours 45-2
D.Mongia c Manjural Islam Rana b Khaled Mahmud 10 (14 balls) 73-2

Mashrafe Mortaza 4-0-26-0
Alamgir Kabir 6-0-22-0
Khaled Mahmud 3-0-24-2

I'm sorry, but I'm quitting this story because I have discovered I can play well on hard level on all pitches now. I will start a new hard level story soon with my beloved Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread