batting help

hussey

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i need some help i cant get any runs and the only time i will hit a four is either i place it down to fine leg or a misfield can some please give me sum hints on how to bat

Yeah, I really need some batting help. Ive been ball out for 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, and the latest is 18 on "Medium".

I cant get the confidence up because I cant seem to hit any 6s, even holding the L Trigger on the Xbox, or the R one.

Most of my runs come from Leg-Byes, and singles from misfields, and some fluke shots. 4s are usually mistimed 6s.

Im hearing people hitting 120s, 130s, 150s in a 10 over slog, while I can only manage 20 runs or so.

Could someone give me the buttons to press? I got the manual, so just tell me the name of the shot to play. I think its the way I have been pressing that is wrong.

Please Help, im really desperate.

i got ps2 but should be similar i guess. short and wide balls hit strate down the ground, holding the six button and advance. learn the timeing when to advance and the ball flies for six. do the same over cover to (to a fuller ball). if the ball is newhere else sweep it to get ones and twos.

Jonnyboy said:
i got ps2 but should be similar i guess. short and wide balls hit strate down the ground, holding the six button and advance. learn the timeing when to advance and the ball flies for six. do the same over cover to (to a fuller ball). if the ball is newhere else sweep it to get ones and twos.

What are short balls?

Also, the manual says "Press button blah blah" + "Direct shot button" to advance down the pitch. But when I press those two buttons, the player doesnt move down the pitch at all.

Fuller balls are yorkers?

Batting Sequence: Is this what you guys do?

Press any shot button to remove circle.

Joystick to move player along crease.

Hold on L or R trigger for 6 + Type of shot + direction.

Hold the direction, and the 6 hit button, down through the shot- press advance/front foot/back foot when appropriate to actually play the shot

Thanks for the reply. Ill give it a try later. While I watch cricket, and understand the basics, im I required to learn all of the shot names? Some one on this forum said that you just direct it in any direction, like gaps, and you dont even have to know what is a square cut, or a cover drive.

What are the best shots for 6s & 4s?

short balls r balls halfway down the pitch.u can hit strate sixes with fuller balls tho, but not yorkers(balls right at the batsmans feet)

Thanks, I can now fully block those yorkers!!! And just hit my first 6 with Hayden, and smashed a lovely cover drive. However, I keep on getting caught trying to hit 6s. Any my score is still around 20 for 10 over slog. Dont know how on earth do people get 6 sixes in an over. When should I press the shot button? Ive pressed the button as it leaves the hand of the bowler, ive pressed the button just before it reaches the pitch target, ive pressed just after the ball hits the target, and ive pressed the button very, very late, and the result is ducks, leg byes (im getting tired of getting 10 of these or more in a match), and being hit. Im really struggling, and I simply dont know why. If its the timing, then it shouldnt be that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread