Batting through 50 overs. You stratergy ?

Yeah, I rarely use the power button and I get fours quite easily without it. Ponting scored 17 fours when he got his century in one of my matches and I never used the power button in his innings.

drives get ya a lot of fours, so do lil fours you dun off ya bat down to fine leg

Short balls can be dispatched easily in the first 15 overs with little risk. Just use the back-foot cut shot and you'll slash it over the inner ring fielders and down to the boundary.

Joe, I presume you are playing in the Hard mode. I still have problems in Medium.. I'm yet to win a series.... I guess I just need more practise.

No, I've been playing on medium, however I've just started having a go at hard mode and won my first game last night :). (Mind you I was playing Namibia, and I was Australia).

I play it in hard mode i find it much better to not take too many risks in the first 10 overs, i go back to the old fashioned way of seeing off the new ball.

I like to be somewhere between 0/40 and 0/60.
Even lower as long as i hadn't lost any wickets.

Usually after 15 overs the field spreads and singles are easy to come by and you can usually pick up at least 5 an over.

I then hopefully havent lost too many wickets and by 30 overs i start to gradually build up the pace to around 6 and 7 an over.

Then in the last 10-8 overs really have a go.

I had been making scores over 300 consistently usuing that tactic.

I have been on holidays for a month and i am a bit rusty now, but hopefully i can get it back up at that mark and show it to you with screenshots.

Oh i forgot to add that on green and wet pitches it is much better to play front foot shots to most of the deliveries unless they are very short, like an attempted bouncer.
On those pitches i would usually make 260-300, but 240 would be a good score

Yeh, it is better playing front foot Green Pitches coz the bounce is lower and the fast bowlers seam the ball around everywhere and its hard to predict where the ball will end up

I've just started playing a New Zealand/Zimbabwe tour on hard, and find that using the tactic of not taking any risks really good. I managed to get about 40 runs in the first 10 overs..... however then my team fell apart :(....

i'm going to try and be really patient next game, and try and bat through the whole 50 overs and see how many runs I can get.

what is the button for "power button"? i never used it before... no wonder why i can't get 6 -_-

Users who are viewing this thread