Batting timing query

klusener69

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have got cricket 2005 on ps2, i was awesome on 2004 when i use to hit sixes for fun to long on and legside. but i find it difficult to bat mainly the timing for sixes. i have read the seqarches on batting but the advice is mixed.

can sum1 tel me when exactly do i press the the L1 (six hit) button, direction, and front foot shot button. sum say press all at once other say when on the marker others when the ball is released.

do i press all the buttons late then.

any other suggestions or techniques that work for people

lol as long. lol . i got six sixes in an over for fast bowler , just as he releases the ball from his hand. or u hear that crazy sfx sound suring runup just after or during that . for fast medium . first quarter in the air. for spinners , half way theough the air.

if u advance down the wicket do it before the bowler releases the ball. i dont do normal shots so duno wen to time them.

practice for a game try advancing down just as the bowler is releasing the ball give it a while and you will know when to time it

I had a similar problem on Xbox. However, yesterday I mastered the following shot:

when the ball is pitched up on off stump or just outside the off stump- press and hold 6-hit button during run up + direct your shot down and right (for right handed batsman). Press front shot button just before the ball hits the ground. 90% of times it will result in a nice slog for either six or four runs.

I still have troubles with any other kind of 6-hit shots...

Last edited:
I'm finally picking the sixes up a little. I spent an hour earlier just practicing batting and autoplaying the bowling in four or five matches. i can manage some pretty big hits on the off side and straight down the ground.

I think you need to right for the ball to hit the right area. If you try to drive the ball and the ball is too central to the bat it tends to be caught.

Practice, practice and practice is my advice. Forget the bowling and just practice the batting before you get into any matches.

I play PC and im guessing you have the same format. I would recommend you use the nets. It actually works. They tell you whether your timing is right and you can practice short pitch, good length and overpitched deliveries all seperately.

Just a suggestion. Maybe it will help you.

The only drawback is that it doesnt give you high paced balls like you would get from lee or shoaib.

this might be a little off topic but could somebody please tell me about all the controls for batting and bowling, especially the "power hit" button, for the PC version.

P.S. i dont have the manual of this game.

Users who are viewing this thread