Batting too easy

eXistenZ986

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

I've just recently got the game and im finding batting to be too easy. I can hit a six off every single ball and the only way i get out is by a catch out which barely ever happens anyways. So i came to this site in hopes of finding some patches and ive installed sam's exe and ravis ai patch. But I can still hit a six off every ball. Any solutions for this will be appreciated because it's taking all the challenge out of the game.

Thanks

Which version of Ravi's patch? Also, are you just using advance/slog?

ravi ai 9 update and ya i just advance holding the shift key and press d at the right moment each time and it goes for six. if ball is pitched outside offstump just hit a six over cover and if at leg stump then over mid wicket. someones it falls short and goes for 4.

i mean i can play singles and doubles and hit a boundary every now and then but when im 100 and 3 down chasing 350. it doesnt matter if i lose 3 more wickets because i know i can just win it by hitting sixes for a couple of overs

indiancricketer said:
how bout tutsi's patch or the cool game patches they could make the game harder for you

i'll try boss' patch as i hear some good things about it and get back to you

eXistenZ986 said:
ravi ai 9 update and ya i just advance holding the shift key and press d at the right moment each time and it goes for six. if ball is pitched outside offstump just hit a six over cover and if at leg stump then over mid wicket. someones it falls short and goes for 4.
That's a bug with controllers, just don't play the shot

brad352 said:
That's a bug with controllers, just don't play the shot

what do you mean with controllers? so your saying not to play any of the following combinations?

shift+downarrow+d
shift+rightarrow+d
shift+leftarrow+d

are you playing on easy? If not, and u are too gud for all patches- make your own "patch" using Config. Editor V3........

im playing on hard but i don't notice much difference. well ill keep trying these different patches and see if i can make the game more challenging.

Hi guys..newbie here.

Make the game harder!!...give me a break!

I've only played 10 over games up to now but every ball I bowl is being hit out of the ground. Batting isn't much better...half the time when I press a button on the gamepad the batsmen offers no shot!

I'm obviously doing something drastically wrong here...or maybe I'm just real crap!

Some basic tips would really help here fellas...thanks

Yeah they slog everthing, but for bowling....

to a right hander
Leg Spinner/Left arm orthadox, pitch it up on off stump where he will do a cover drive on the half volley, make sure you have put someone on the cover bounsnary and voila. he'll catch!

for a left-hander just use an off-spinner/left arm chinaman

Astle said:
Hi guys..newbie here.

Make the game harder!!...give me a break!

I've only played 10 over games up to now but every ball I bowl is being hit out of the ground. Batting isn't much better...half the time when I press a button on the gamepad the batsmen offers no shot!

I'm obviously doing something drastically wrong here...or maybe I'm just real crap!

Some basic tips would really help here fellas...thanks
Don't smash the keypad or play too early or too late. imagine you are playing in real, you wait for the ball to be bowled before playing and you dont play so late that the ball hits you befroe you play.
AIn 10 or 20 over games keep four men in very close to stop quick singles and 5 men out to catch, and just bowl yorkers and bouncers and full pitched deliveries with a straight fielder in place.

Thanks guys..

I figured out my timing was all wrong..I was using "Brian Lara on PS1" timing to hit the ball but as ZoraxDoom points out I now wait for it to come onto the bat....alot easier..I've just chased 358 with Lancashire to win (Flintoff 150 not out..Hooper 98)
The cover drive and on drive seem to be the major scoring strokes.

Thanks again fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread