Batting with hud off unrealistic

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am loving this game since I bought it and have now moved on to playing with hud off and had a couple of good games after getting used to it. But I think batting with hud off is unrealistic because you have to pre-determine every shot, the cursor appears too late to be able to react to, if only the cursor appeared a second earlier it would be perfect and give you that split second to react just like real cricket.

Does anyone else feel the same about hud off.

D

Dutch

I would agree with you but once you get your eye in and you really watch the ball you will be able to make split-second decisions. I fluff it up still way too often but am getting the hang of it. It does make for very tense enjoyable test cricket I must say!

superfreddie

Club Captain
Fair play to you dutch if you can react in time, I can't say i'll ever be able to, i'll keep trying I guess.

D

Dutch

Fair play to you dutch if you can react in time, I can't say i'll ever be able to, i'll keep trying I guess.

It's tricky indeed but I love that ball just whishing past off-stump as I curse myself for being on the wrong foot again!:yes

Last edited by a moderator:

superfreddie

Club Captain
So do you leave the analogue stick in the centre then quickly push it where you want to hit it as soon as you see where the ball will pitch? Just cant imagine being quick enough to do that.

D

Dutch

So do you leave the analogue stick in the centre then quickly push it where you want to hit it as soon as you see where the ball will pitch? Just cant imagine being quick enough to do that.

Well it is something that I fluff up lots but when it comes off it is so satisfying! I always have the stick slightly pushed forward aimed between mid-on and mid-off, to be able to defend properly if necessary, I then see the trajectory of the ball make the choice of leg-side or off-side, power and aim....if I am not sure I have found that with no power on the stick I can defend well with the attacking button so I don't need to worry about that button too much, only frontfoot or backfoot.....

superfreddie

Club Captain
Wow, that all sounds difficult, going to need some serious practice to get to your standard i think, do you play on hard? And I presume you are using action cam

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Wow, that all sounds difficult, going to need some serious practice to get to your standard i think, do you play on hard? And I presume you are using action cam

Yes I play on hard with action cam and obviously no hud. The thing is is to concentrate on the ball, not where you think the ball is going to land. If you stay with the ball as it leaves the bowlers hands you will know where it is generally going and you have more time than you think. It actually feels like batting because you have to stay relaxed but completely focused at the same time! But listen, I mess this up way too often still...edges all over the place, but it is getting better and I love playing this way.

If you think batting is hard, try bowling without the hud. that really takes some getting used to but so good to do!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you think batting is hard, try bowling without the hud. that really takes some getting used to but so good to do!

I find bowling dead easy compared to batting with no hud - as OP states, the bowling cursor needs to appear sooner when batting to give you a realistic chance

It does not feel like real batting to me with no HUD :(

Snicko

School Cricketer
SuperFreddie - try dropping down to medium, with No HUD. Medium gives you more reaction time than Hard.

superfreddie

Club Captain
Thanks for the tip, I did try that, but still doesn't seem enough time for me to react, maybe I'm getting too old and slow, he he.

Users who are viewing this thread