batting..

mikeejj

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys just checking up on smething here.. when you are batting you can only chnage there aggression and if you want them to control the strike aye? im not missing out anything am i? cause my batting leaves abit to be desired at this point in time haha..

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
as far as im aware thats all u can do.

i do pretty well usually so maybe its just u got a weak batting line-up??

mikeejj

School Cricketer
yes that could be it.. what level of aggression do you normally start on for the one dayers?

jdeus

well i usually bat with 4 bars to start off with then as those green blocks increase on the sides as ur player gets into form i will gradually increase it all the way to the top, decresing if the pitch gets to bad.

i have hit over 500 in a ODI on 2001 edition and 1221 dec for 5 in a test match, and that was in just 2 days on full aggression from start to finish!!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Depends on what level your playing on. From what I can tell (having never played on easy) higher aggression can be used early days. However on normal which I have only ever played, 2 bars is normally a good starting point. I find different batsman have different preferences. Quality batsman often seem to benefit from being put on 3 bars once theyve been in for 30-40 balls, lesser quality batsman once they have been in for nearer 60 balls. If its overcast and the pitch is a minefield can make sense to try and bat a whole session on 2 bars if better weather is due.

In test cricket, I normally start the match on 1 bar and on either 30 or 60 balls hit 2 bars, and on 100 odd balls go up to 3.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
In First Class I always go on Normal 3. In One dayers I go on one bar with both batsman for twenty overs and go v.aggresive 9 for the rest.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
For either form I start on 2, and gradually increase. Just in OD games I increase quicker (Like every 5-10 overs). Oh, and in OD games, with two settled in batsmen I set them one bar from full from over 35(50) or 30(45). If they are new, for the last 10. In my experience, anything above 200 is defendable.

jdeus

Anyways it doesnt matter how you bat so long as you out score your opponents!

The best way to do that is by having the best bowler and keeping their score as low as possible meaning you can go as slow as possible, making victory more likely!

jimbob

Club Cricketer
langerrox said:
all but one aggression the whole time

finally a person whos not scared to lose a few wickets, thats my strategy. come hard at the bowling team and dominate them throughout the whole series

TommyGunn

School Cricketer
How do you fella's go about Twenty20?

I use maximum agression minus 1 until the 16th, unless a batsman is going too slow, and go through the game ball by ball. (batting only, bowling I do by the over)

Azza!

Club Cricketer
I know what you mean.. I've experienced that myself. Murali knocked up 21 off 13 balls in a test match on one bar.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It's because tailenders aren't as proficient with the bat as the top order chaps, obviously, and as such are more likely to lay bat on ball at a less aggessive setting. If they go too aggressive they will almost certainly get out. Considering they are tailenders they generally just try to put bat to ball, coupled with the bowling side looking to attack, so runs come quickly if they connect.

Users who are viewing this thread