Battle For Middle Earth 2

Got the game last week, and I love it. :)

Yeah Silverthorne Arrows are OP, they need to be toned down, but in a way if you allow an Elven player to get Silverthorne you deserve to lose, because for that you require a lvl 3 erigion forge...which is pretty expensive. ;)

I don't see why you're complaining about MOTW trebuchets, MOTW are meant to have the best late game. Their early game is a tad weak, but that's made up for with Theo's GC, which some say is OP.

Thranduil is so absolutely OP its not funny. :mad: He can take on just about anything...and win.

I think Gobs and Elves are the strongest factions atm, Dwarves and MOTW come next. Isen and Mordor are slightly behind, but they're still strong. Isen, in particular, are extremely good against Elves and MOTW(Wargs! :happy:)

Shut up gold.MOTW is easily the best(by a country mile).If you are playing War of the Ring,you can' help if Elves have Silverthorn arrows.Trebuchets are way to good.

Uhh...no. I don't play War of The Ring, so leave that out of it...

1) Elves - arguably best early game
2) MOTW - weakest early game(gets stronger only when Theo gets GC)

Isen absolutely DESTROY MOTW early game, there's absolutely nothing MOTW can do. Its because a Warg Pit costs 500, whereas a Stable costs 600. So its obviously a stupid idea to go fast knights vs Isen, as Wargs with Howl/Crows/warchant will own Knights. So a MOTW has to go TGs, and if an Isen goes 1 furn -> warg pit, then both the TGs and the Wargs will be out at around the same time, and with good micro, TGs can do NOTHING vs wargs. Its like how OP the Spiderling rush is. The Wargs just take out all your farms, with your slow as hell TGs doing nothing.

Lets play a few games over the weekend, you play MOTW and use these trebuchets vs me. :p

And who are you exactly?I disagree abot MOTW being one ofr the weakest early games.I find them very strong in all areas of the game.Veryt tough to beat as well.Elves have some great Heroes,especially if your defending.

What d'you mean..who am I? :eek: You mean my ingame name? :p

By MOTW's weak early game, I mean they are just too slow to start off with. Their infantry isn't all that great, Soldiers in Shieldwall Formation + defence stance can be pretty strong but I'd take Lorien warriors/Uruks any day. Then Gondor Archers aren't strong, you've got to upgrade your archery range before you get Rangers. And Knights are a joke without Leadership. Now, why is MOTW's late game the strongest - Theoden's LD and GC, extremely powerful Rohirrim, Fire Rangers, an excellent selection of heroes, and...your trebuchets. :p

Personally I rate the factions like this:

1. Goblins(NOTHING can stop a good gob player)
2. Elves
3. MOTW/Dwarves
4. Isen
5. Mordor

Ahhhh,thats some funny sh!t GOLD!Goblins suck!Knights are good,and you obviously aren't very good with them if you even need the Rohirrim.Eoden and Eomer are absolutely crud heroes.What i love about Isengard is the Beserkers.Man they kick!800 health,gotta love that!

I retract my statement about the Knights!Playing Elves on brutal,got slaughtered.Killed Mordor twice(once with MOTW and Isengard) on Brutal.Elves have a good early game.

Playing against the comp is like playing against a human with his hands tied around his back. :rolleyes:

Goblins are easily the strongest civ in the game, they are FAR ahead of everyone else. I believe that their tunnel ability must be taken away from them, or their units should be slower. I mean, its insane. They can cover EVERY SINGLE portion of the map thanks to tunnels, and as a result they also get a fantastic economy. Back that up with Spider Riders that can use a bow as well as a sword, a brilliant hero killer in the form of Shelob, and Drogoth, who is easily one of the strongest heroes in the game, and you have the unbeatable goblins. :p

Have you played any good goblin players at all?

Wait i played them on brutal and it took me double time to beat them 32 mins.I agree that a real player would be better,but not a huge amount.Goblins are strong,but they are pretty easy to beat,and annoying to play with(I know how to use them).Drogoth sucks arse!He can't take on archers,you have to move him every time they're around.Shelob is no good either,bad attack,no decent powers.I don't play online fool!

sachin said:
Shelob is no good either,bad attack,no decent powers.

ROFL. :p

Shelob has the strongest power in the game - Poison Stinger. It deals 9k damage over 15 seconds, and NO hero can survive that(not even with heal).

sachin said:
I don't play online fool!

Then how on earth can you start assuming that Goblins are weak? :eek:

You play against the CPU goblins. :S The CPU gets really predictable, they dont even know how to Spiderling rush. :p

Shelob is awful if you dont use her properly. She's a hero killer, nothing more, nothing less.

I've played the CPU very occasionaly. Thats what i'm saying,if she's only that,she sucks.And i have never found her to be that hgreat against Heroes anyway.You of course have to get to the Hero first,and she sucks against normal units(excluding Archers-When close_).

Have you finished the missions yet?

Nah haven't done the missions. Started the Evil missions but it got too boring after the first one. Just had to spam Trolls and kill Celeborn. :p

I can't wait for patch 1.03. It has new maps and some balance changes. Hope Goblins get nerfed a bit. :D

gold639 said:
Nah haven't done the missions. Started the Evil missions but it got too boring after the first one. Just had to spam Trolls and kill Celeborn. :p

I can't wait for patch 1.03. It has new maps and some balance changes. Hope Goblins get nerfed a bit. :D
You fvcking looser!How could you not play missions!!!!!!!!!!?Christ!
I agree that they need more maps.There's this cool site where they have maps of Bree and places like that for download.I just don't know how to transfer that onto the game. Don't talk about upgrading those bloody Goblins.Insead,talk to me about downgrading MOTW Catapults!

Users who are viewing this thread