Battle For Middle Earth 2

gold639

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why couldnt you use my topic? <_< :p

Yeah its great, cannot wait for it. I heard the game still has the older maps, they have just been re-designed. I hope the Goblins dont turn out OP...their speed gives them a huge advantage. What factions you gonna play? Elves and Isen sound cool to me. ^^

I can only get the game on the 3rd. :(
Where did you pre-order it off?

langerrox

International Coach
elves are my favourite by far:D cant wait for it? march 3rd?

gold639

International Coach
Yeah the elves are really cool. Their archers have the ability to cloak themselves and ambush the enemy. Their heroes are really good too. Only disadvantage is their cav's HP absolutely SUCKS compared to other units. That holds good for their other units too...good attack, bad HP.

langerrox

International Coach
hehe im an archer man, im warcraft 3 i normaly just get as many archers as i can, trust me they own

gold639

International Coach
Cavalry >>>>>>>>>> Archers :eek:

Lets play a few matches when the game releases, my Wargs vs your Archers. :p

sachin

International Coach
Well,i've beaten the Good campaign on medium.The last mission-whew-,pretty hardcore Fortress.Elves are my favs.You guys making your own heroes?Anyway,off to the war of the ring.And by the way Gold,this is your topic.

gold639

International Coach
Some Mod merged the two threads. :)

Turns out I can only get the game on the 14th. :'(

sachin

International Coach
Huh!SUck on that./I've played it heaps.Anyway War of the Ring is alot tougher than thought.And never play anyone on brutal.Even three on one(Helms Deep) i got my arse kicked.

gold639

International Coach
What faction d'you play?

I've been reading extensively on the game, and it turns out Elves are slightly OP. The reason is they can produce Lorien Warriors, Pikes, Mithlond Sentries, Silverthorn Archers and Mirkwood Archers all from the same place. So essentially all they need are 2 buildings, one rax and one stable(for Rivendell Lancers). This gives them unmatched flexibility. To add to that, they get some excellent heroes. You've got Haldir for LD, Thranduil to murder any heroes, and Lego who is just ownage. :p

Mordor are horribly UP in the game. Firstly, Orcs cost 25 more than Goblin Warriors, yet they move slower, don't have the poison ability, and have slower attack. Same goes for Orc Archers, they cost 100 more and don't get the poison ability. To add to that, Nazgul are very very weak to ranged fire now, 4 unupgraded Goblin Archers can take out a Naz. In my opinion the only real chance Mordor has is to get out Black Riders fast and to back them up with Haradrim and Soldiers of Rhun with Drummer Trolls for LD.

Goblins are really strong, they are so fast that they're always a step ahead of you. They get counters for nearly everything. They've got Shelob, who absolutely owns at taking out heroes, then they've got half-troll marauders, which own cav, they've got Drogoth who can fly around decimating infantry, and last but not least, they've got Spider Riders, which are insanely fast, and can counter their own counter, pikes, because they can switch from bows to swords at leisure. :eek:

Isen seem to be left out, they are really not very strong this game. Now Wargs are essential to any of their strats.

Haven't really seen MoTW or Dwarves much, so I can't comment about them. However, I have heard that Dwarven Guardians counter cavalry, which is insane!

sachin

International Coach
Ahh,gold,Goblins are sh!t. Elves are good,and iuse them the most,but you have to take into account their health and the fact their walls don't have any towers.Elven Health is very low.Thranduil is awesome!I pretty much took down Gol dulgor with only him (Missions). Isengard is strong,especially pikeman(surprisingly). Dwarves are a bit crud,only four units.Though the battle wagon is very effective against goblins. Men of the West is of course very strong.Their archers are very good,and their cavalry back them up nicely.
Ohh,and i should add that if you can get Mirkwood Archers with the blue arrow upgrade(?) then you have to do it.Really awesome.

gold639

International Coach
What makes you say Goblins are sh!t? Maybe its because they actually require skill...... :p

Can't wait to play you once I get the game. :cool:

sachin

International Coach
Wait a moment!It's not that i loose with them,i always win,they are just so easy to beat.And they are boring as well.Same as Dwarfs (4 Units,3 Heroes!!!What a rip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).I'll kick your a*se,i'm off to a head start!Whoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sachin

International Coach
Two things that need overhauling-Silverthorn Arrows(way to powerful),and the Catapults Men of the West use(Takes out whole units in one or two shots,takes out buildings in two.Even the Fortress down in five or six!).Men of the West are two good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread