Baz's Solution for XP does work - it will still require work.

defoe

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Baz and co.

I have tried all of you`re links and all tell me that the file cannot be found.
Could some one please tell me where to download the "3dhigh.exe" file or e-mail it to me " [email protected] "

Thanking you
defoe :( :D ??? ;) :P :0 :angry: :)

kbalajee

School Cricketer
mike
i am a new user and am trying to install blc on xp and the link that you put up, i am quite unable to download the file. if you could send me the file at [email protected] or post it up again..would be great.
lets see if ic an get it to work
balajee

PJ Martins

School Cricketer
Ok i have all the files downloaded for windows xp, the game runs on a full installation, but when i run on minimum installation it exits at the main menu, what is this moving files into different directories that Baz is talking about?

Edited By PJ Martins on June 02 2002 at 18:47

ArjunaH

School Cricketer
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out here. I want to play BLC on Windows XP. My graphics card is a ATI Rage Fury Pro/XPERT 2000 Pro with 32 MB of memory. I have downloaded the Direct 3D High file from the link above and I overwrited the original file. I ran BLC and got to the coin toss where there was severe texture problems and the game crashes. I would be greatful for solution.

Cheers ArjunaH ;)

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
I think you should get the latest drivers for your video card.Also,try to play in the software mode{d'load the correct file first,of course}and see if that works.

ArjunaH

School Cricketer
Hi ritwik

Thanks but i have already installed the latest drivers from the ATI website. I have tried the software mode patch. The texture problems are fixed but the game still hangs at the toss. What else could I try? I would prefer to play the game with Direct 3D accelaration rather than software mode.

Cheers
ArjunaH ???

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Please try to start the game by turning the sound and music off option in the settings. Restart the game and now probably it won't hang on the toss....

If the game does not hang then you won't be able to listen to the commentary.... If you also want to correct this, update your sound card drivers....

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Yes...upgrade your sound drivers.Check if your sound card is fully directX compatible.Install directX 8.0 or 8.a{NOT 8.1}.
re-install the game in the maximum setting.

As you have already installed the latest drivers for your graphics card try to run the game in all the modes one after the another{3dfx,d3dhigh,d3dlow,software}--see what works best.

ArjunaH

School Cricketer
Hi

Thanks I have updated my soundcard drivers. Are you certain that installing DirectX 8.a will work on Windows XP. I visited its download page on the Microsoft website. It says DirectX8.a should be used if the operating system is Windows 95. It doesn't say whether it is compatible with any other OS. I would be greatful if this was clarified.

Cheers
ArjunaH

Edited By ArjunaH on June 23 2002 at 07:55

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
windows 95??
I don't know about that but i used directX8.a on my windows 98 machine for months without any trouble.I am sure it won't give any trouble in XP too.

ArjunaH

School Cricketer
Hi Ritwik,

Unfortunately DirectX 8.a will not install. When I double click on the installation file it says DirectX 8.a is not compatible with Windows NT even though I have Windows XP. It then asks you to close the setup program. DirectX 8 is no longer available for download. Where can I find it?

Cheers
ArjunaH

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Hi,
if directX 8.a does not install than ver.8 will not install either.I suggest you re-install the game in the "maximum" option.Your game files have become corrupt{that may be the reason the game crashes}.Also have a look at the topic "help,help,help" posted by "quickfire" in this forum for more info.

Edited By ritwikgames on June 24 2002 at 11:25

vishal

School Cricketer
Hi somebody please send me the new software.exe file and a way to start BLC on Win2k on [email protected] . I have been craving to play it since one year, hope the cricket BLC lovers can understand my agony. Thanks

vishal

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Hi,
I got the files finally, (thanks Rohit) but my cd is giving problems for maximum installation. In the minimum installation on invoking software.exe the application tries to read from the CD drive and says "wrong disc inserted". Can somebody help me out on how to cheat the CPU for HD drive for CD drive.

Thanks</span>

Users who are viewing this thread