Best All Rounder in the World

Who do you think is the best All Rounder in the world?

• A.Flintoff

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • J.Kallis

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A.Razzaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S.Styris

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • S.Pollock

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • S.Malik

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • J.Oram

• C.Cairns

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • D.Bravo

• H.Streak

• Total voters
Anyways...I would say Freddie, Kallis and Pollock are the top three allrounders in the world in both forms of the game. Others like Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik, Jacob Oram and Chris Cairns are good in ODIs. Scott Styris is not consistent, but is a good player when in form. Dwayne Bravo is an emerging allrounder, but still has a long way to go before being considered in the same league as the other allrounders. Heath Streak is a good bowler who can bat, but is not a genuine allrounder, very similar to India's Irfan Pathan and England's Ashley Giles.

Coming to the Aussies, they have Symonds, Clarke, Harvey and Watson, who are good allrounders but are underused I think by Australia. For example Symonds and Clarke should bowl more often than they actually do. Harvey is such a good player, but cant find a place in the side. Same can be said about Shane Watson, though the former is a better cricketer.

I think Kallis without a doubt is the best all rounder in the world.Flintoff comes a close second and Malik and Styris fight for third place.

Well I agree that he is not consistent......but he is not over-rated......I actually think he is under-rated.If he improves his consistency he will challenge Flintoff and Kallis.

Freddie all the way...a man who can turn the match on its head in all capacities...

I'd say kallis or Flintoff

Kallis is a genium all rounder like Steve Waugh used to be before he had back problems and had to quit bowling.

Pollack I don't know if i'd classify him as a all rounder. really more of a strike bowler Lower order batsman and a slogger like heath streak

Going on career stats its Obviously Kallis, but in the last year or so, Flintoff has been the best all-round player. Kallis is a class act with the bat, his run of centuries proves this. But Flintoff is better than Kallis with the ball in recent times. Flintoff, while not as good with the bat has been consistant with his run of 6 fifties and 2 hundreds in his last 8 matches.

So I feel AT THE MOMENT, Flintoff is the best ALL-ROUNDER while Kallis is one the best batsman in the world.

razzaq used to be alot better earlier in his career. now it looks like hes sort of out of shape but he has showen how dangorous he can be. But still i go for kallis. but then Jayasuriya isnt as bad. also there is Flintoff he's great but not as good as kallis.

Flintoff all the way....Kallis is up there also, well I am sure current series Eng vs SA will be a good matchup btwn these 2 all rounders.

I don't know how you can go past Kallis. In tests he has an average of over 50 with the bat, and about 30 with the ball. And in ODI's he has average of over 45 with the bat, and high 20's with the ball. Flintoff certainly has a better bowling record, but Kallis definetly outshines him with the bat

Like I said, there is no doubt that Kallis is a class act with the bat but his bowling seems to hve been shot to pieces. Not saying he isn't capable with the ball, but he doesn't seem to be the same bowler he used to be. Which is why as a all-rounder, in more recent times Flintoff has over taken him in the in those stakes, but not in the batting stakes. Must be averaging atleast 40 with the bat in his last 4 series, and i'd guess around 25 with the ball without looking at the stats! Now thats a top quality all-rounder. Kallis yes, averaging more with the bat, but the ball I don't think so.

Freddie Flintoff !! Do u need to look for other names ?
Cairns is close second according to me , followed by kallis who does not have a very incisive bowling .
Irfan Pathn looks to hv th makings of an allrounder , keeping my fingers crossed as an indian fan !

Flintoff
Cairns
Kallis
Razzaq
Pollock
Oram

Last edited:
Ok
England are great, England are great, say it all you want and you can pretend Flintoff is the best allrounder in the world but theres no way you can compare him with Kallis. If you look at consistant form kallis cant be beaten, oh, and its all very well to play at home all the time, something South African players are not really accustomed to.

Users who are viewing this thread