Best and Worst of 2005

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I was wondering what everybody thought was the best and worst events for their favorite teams AND for cricket overall for the year 2005. BTW, just saying "Ashes 2005" doesn't constitute as an answer for the best, there must be a day or an event through that series that was the best.

For Pakistan:

The Best

Fifth day, Multan.

The Worst

PCB bending over backwards for ECB due to their security concerns about Karachi, even after Australia and England played in London after the horrible attacks there.

For cricket:

The Best

Bangladesh beating Australia. The nation that some argue shouldn't even be playing cricket beat the world's cricketing super power. Best thing to happen to cricket this year, IMO.

The Worst

Taibu being threatened which forced him to retire from cricket.

Last edited:
The moment when Stuart MacGill hit the winning runs for NSW in the Pura Cup final. :D

Taibu retired? I didn't even know that. I will put up agreement with your world events--I think Bangladesh beating Australia was awesome, and showed that the team is developing. Bangladesh gained so much more than Australia lost in that match. It is really important for budding teams to pick up wins, and not just keep playing.

For India, hmm. I guess it would be something related to India/SL or India/SA but my memory fails me.

I can't choose one particular day. There are a lot of great moments for me from Pakistan.

Don't know for Australia. A lot of great wins against them.

For England I would say the last day of play at Edgbaston is a highlight

For India the Ganguly saga was pretty bad including the hammering of South Africa in which they lost with ten wickets and the stadium went against their own team. Good thing is the wins against Sri Lanka and series draw with South Africa.

For South Africa there a lot of highlights, but I would say the Test draws which they ensured against Australia and West Indies are really great. I didn't expect that. Also the ODI where Langeveldt took three wickets in the last over.

For New Zealand the world record runchase.

For Sri Lanka the triple win against India in the Indian Oil Cup.

For West Indies maybe the first Test match win against Pakistan where they eventually drew the seies against all pre odds. Also the day where Lara became the highest run maker.

There is already a thread on this. learn to use the search function.

Lol. I always wanted to say that to a senior member :D:p But its true, already a thread.

But its close enough. Read through it and see for yourself. Pretty much the same as this.

Last edited:
I am not going to read all the messages, but you'll probably be right.

The Best's
Warne taking the most wickets in a calender year.

The Worst
Kasprowicz gloving the ball to Jones falling 3 runs short of a win!

Best:

Sachin Tendulkar scoring the record 35th Test century

Worst:

Ganguly-Chappell Saga

Not for English Cricket squizy :D

Best: Final Day at Edgbaston and the draw in the ODIs.

Worst: The thrashing in the 3rd ODI vs Pakistan.

ZoraxDoom said:
There is already a thread on this. learn to use the search function.
Lol. I always wanted to say that to a senior member :D:p But its true, already a thread.
It doesn't matter where the thread topic wandered off to, but the original thread title has nothing to do with this one. I mean it is along those lines, but completely different.

BTW, senior? I've probably been here as long as you!

Sureshot said:
Worst: The thrashing in the 3rd ODI vs Pakistan.
Really? I would've thought a day from the third test was worse for English fans.

For England:

Best: The Ashes, obviously.

Worst: The continuing selection of a spinner who takes 3 or 4 wickets a game, and is included in the side because of his batting.

Overall:

Best: The response to the tsunami disaster from all concerned within cricket.

Worst: The farce that is Zimbabwean cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread