Best and Worst of 2005

That I saw

Best: Tsunami Game. I was lucky enough to go and it was a great great day. I still remember one Kumble over where Cairns smashed him 10 rows back over mid on for 6. Took a single, then Punter hit Kumble 10 rows back, 15 rows back, then got stumped.

Worst: Losing the Ashes :(

Best for me would be

Sachin Tendulkar scoring 35th century. and England winning the ashes.

Worst

Ganguly axed from odi's and taibu retirement.

For me the best was Shoaib Akhtar getting back on track and playing a major role in Pakistan's series victory over England in both the test and odi matches.

The worst was nothing in particular but probably the many shocking umpiring decisions in almost every series.

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:
For England:

Best: The Ashes, obviously.

Worst: The continuing selection of a spinner who takes 3 or 4 wickets a game, and is included in the side because of his batting.

Overall:

Best: The response to the tsunami disaster from all concerned within cricket.

Worst: The farce that is Zimbabwean cricket.
Thank you for actually reading my first post in this thread.

Jarryd said:
That I saw

Best: Tsunami Game. I was lucky enough to go and it was a great great day. I still remember one Kumble over where Cairns smashed him 10 rows back over mid on for 6. Took a single, then Punter hit Kumble 10 rows back, 15 rows back, then got stumped.(
Definetely one of my best moments too!

srk121 said:
Best for me would be

Sachin Tendulkar scoring 35th century.

Worst

Taibu retirement.
I agree with these selections too,and i personally believe that one of the best moments of 2005 was Ganguly getting axed :happy

andrew_nixon said:
For England:

Best: The Ashes, obviously.

Worst: The continuing selection of a spinner who takes 3 or 4 wickets a game, and is included in the side because of his batting.

Overall:

Best: The response to the tsunami disaster from all concerned within cricket.

Worst: The farce that is Zimbabwean cricket.

Giles on a good day takes 3-4 :D

12 wickets at 57 in the Ashes?

Even in ODIs i'd rather have Blackwell, but only after his efforts in pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread