Best Batsmen Of next Decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think like we all are used to debating bout best batsmen for so many years.we more often than not come to a halt at two batsmen.we cannot go any further and cannot even compare them.coz both of them are divine and especial in there terms. You got it right, i am talking bout Sachin Tendulkar And brian lara. But Lara has retired and sachin would soon follow after 3 or 4 years. this doesnt mean we would stop comparing players and debating bout them, hell yeah, we would still do that. So according to me,after a decade we would came to halt at the mention of these two players.one is charismatic aussie player who has come of age recently and other is the cleanest striker of cricket ball in world cricket, the prince of punjab. you got it, i was talking bout Michael Clarke and Yuvraj Singh.

Dont blame me for any personal bias but i hav chosen players who are the most talented in world cricket today. and more often than not these special players would grow into greats of tommorow.

Micheal Clarke is blessed with sublime timing and play as late as possible to counter the movement. he has the temperment and has proved that over last few years. whereas yuvraj singh is more gifted of the two lacks in temperment has been rather unsuccessfull at the test level.though he has been tormenting bowlers in ODI's and T20 a lot. He currently has highest strike rate in t20 international(near260). And he is the first man in the history of cricket to hit 6 sixes of a Fast bowler. yeah i am right. Sir Gary,Ravi Shastri, Herchell gibbs all hit 6 sixes of a spinner.but yuvi had done of a fast bowler is just incredible. its no wonder if he just improve his defence a bit then he could be hell a lot successful at test level too. I can bet a $1000 that if ever saed anwars 194 in ODI and Brian Lara's 400 notout gonna be broken in the future ,its gotta be this prince of punjab. coz on fire this guy can score 400 runs in a day. i am again not biasing, i am telling u bout fact. here is how yuvraj got selected for under 19 world cup:

There is a Kooch-Bihar under19 Champinship every year in india. Yuvi played for Punjab at the age of 17 and believe it or not amased 357 runs in a day. he hit 23 sixes in that innings, 8 of them lost the ball. i saw that match. a 17 year old kid was clearing ground at his will.it was a treat to watch and believe me from that moment i was assured that india wont be left wanting ater tendulkar's retirement.( Yuvi would take number 4 position after that.). Its not just the power game that yuvi has,its the freakish timing he got. he appears as if he isnt stiking very hard yet ball sail over boundary. the day he score 200 in ODI i would point all of you to this post of mine, and i am feeling that day would come in 2009.

Kevin Pietersen
Michael Clarke
Gautam Gambhir
JP Duminy
AB De Villiers
Manoj Tiwary
Joe Denly

Ok, maybe not Denly, but definitely the other 6. I would love to see Denly do well though, he's got a heck of alot of talent and needs to be given chance to showcase that on the biggest stage. I'm a big fan of the guy.

Edit: Forgot to include AB De Villiers :D

Edit again: Forgot Manoj Tiwary as well :p

Last edited:
how duminy fares against the incredible talent that yuvi possese, how come u never see it

max_dillon2007 added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

duminy is godd, but can he hit six with a flick over fine leg. can he score 70 of 30 to revive his team's fortune? i doubt it

max_dillon2007 added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

dont u remember how Yuvi reduced your young bubling Stuard Broad to a sissy in just a matter of six balls

max_dillon2007 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

i got the recording in my pc and never got tired of looking at it. You gotta agree dude, yuvi is just too special to be compared

max_dillon2007 added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Sourav Ganguly said bout tendulkar -" He is sent by god to play cricket "
I say bout yuvi-" he is sent by god to carry on the tendulkar's legacy"

Yuvraj is massively over-rated by some Indian fans. He was thoroughly outclassed in Australia, and seems to only show his talents when playing against England. He's a very good ODi batsman, but his Test record leaves quite abit to be desired. If Yuvraj hadn't performed well against England, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Tests his average would be woeful. Awful record against every other team, only averaging above 20 against New Zealand and South Africa, and he's only played 1 game against both of them. He's certainly no Sachin Tendulkar that's for sure. He's already 27 as well, and I can't see him being good enough to play for India in 10 years time. At least with Pietersen he's got the talent to keep playing into his late 30's.

Last edited:
Yuvraj is massively over-rated by some Indian fans. He was thoroughly outclassed in Australia, and seems to only show his talents when playing against England. He's a very good ODi batsman, but his Test record leaves quite abit to be desired. If Yuvraj hadn't performed well against England, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Tests his average would be woeful. Awful record against every other team, only averaging above 20 against New Zealand and South Africa, and he's only played 1 game against both of them. He's certainly no Sachin Tendulkar that's for sure.

I think he's come a long way after that horrible tour of Australia. He'd probably do much better now. Cricketman, shut it, I know whatever Yuvraj does, you won't change your opinion about him because you're bitter about Badrinath not being in the team but keep it to yourself :p.

I'll just say a few from India and a few from South Africa. Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Manojy Tiwary, AB De Villiers & JP Duminy.

Edited my post, just noticed it was best batsman lol.

Last edited:
i nver said bout test. i said if he improve the temper then he copuld be great but in odi he is miles ahead of rest of your 4 players

i nver said bout test. i said if he improve the temper then he copuld be great but in odi he is miles ahead of rest of your 4 players

ROFL. Yuvraj better than Pietersen and Clarke in ODi's. You're joking right? They've both got much better records. Hitting 6 sixes in an over in a T20 match does not make Yuvraj better than either of those 2 players. If it did then I'd be claiming that Dimi Mascheranhas is the next Donald Bradman for hitting....who was it again? Oh yeh, Yuvraj Singh for 5 sixes off 5 balls in an ODi.

Pietersen and Clarke a far better players than Yuvraj.

duminy is godd, but can he hit six with a flick over fine leg. can he score 70 of 30 to revive his team's fortune? i doubt it

Duminy revived his team from 150 to get to over 400 and in the last year his has played countless key innings for the one day side and is becoming our most reliable player. No player who has an average test record can be or will be considered great.

It's all well that Yuvraj can play an amazing innings every now and again but to be a great he would need to average at least 50 and Yuvraj just doesn't look like a player that could do that. Too much show and not enough Temperament.

On the Subject of the player who will dominate the next decade, I would say

Michael Clarke
Gautam Gambhir
Player who will debut next year

JP Duminy hasn't played enough test cricket yet to be considered to be a front runner and until recently was rated worse than AB De Villiers. We will need to see him grow.

Is max_dillon only able to post 1 sentence every 2 minutes?

Yuvraj has been the ODI and t20 match finisher for a long amount of time

Ajinkya Rahane, mark my words.

Johnathan Trott. K by 2010 he'll be about 30 but Hobbs did it and he's probably better so why not :D In OD crcket

Youvraj is nowhere near as good as Clarke and Pieterson in One Dayers.

Clarke and KP will be the 2 most dominant batsmen over the next decade as they have been dominant for the last year or 2 anyway (KP a little longer)

BTW your first post is wrong. Ponting can be compared to Lara and Tendulkar. Just look at his stats and I think every time someone says Lara and Tendulkar cant be matched, they should add Ponting to the list.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

max_dillon2007 added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

dont u remember how Yuvi reduced your young bubling Stuard Broad to a sissy in just a matter of six balls

Is Twenty20 all you care about :rolleyes: Dumminy scored that 150 which helped his team win the Test which is more important then a 70 off 30 or 6 6s off an over, because Test cricket is far more important, and its 10 times harder to play a long innings of 160 against the world best then hit 70 runs off 30 balls which needs lots of luck.

Clarke is the Pup right now, but he will play a major role after Ponting exits from Australia. It's going to be such a new blend of Cricket with some of the best players ever not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread