Best batsmen of tommorrow?

Adrian Barath seems to be the best young batsman coming out of the caribbean at the moment. He is only 17 and has shown that one day he might become a great player, i just hope that he stays injury free and we might see him opening for West Indies soon.

Pomersbach is a better batsman then Clarke was when he was 23. His already destroyed the South African & English bowling lineups in warmup matches and is probably one of the best batsman in the world at the moment and his only going to get better. I reckon he'd already be playing International cricket if he wasn't Australian.

Henriques is a tad overhyped, hes ok atm, nothing overly exciting.

Pomersbach is a gun and will defo play.

I look forward to seeing Pomersbach playing Internationally on a regular basis then, with all this hype.

23 year old Pomersbach writes his own hype and having an international cap to his name, the selectors are believing it.
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/RSA_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/RSA_WA-XI_11-13DEC2005.html
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/249221.html

The 19 year old Philip Hughes has excellent composure and was the youngest Australian domestic débutante since Clarke, in fact facing the Sri Lankans in a tour match before playing for NSW.

The rotund 'little Boof' Mark Cosgrove remains prominent although his averages are slightly adrift in a Redbacks team that has gravely lost its way. At 23, he's still well above average, though.

The Vics have their own 23 year old in Aiden Blizzard, an opener noted for his incredible strike power. In the T20 final, he cleared a pull shot not only out of the ground, but into the nearby practice nets, about 150 metres from the middle.

Tasmanian keeper/opening batsman Tim Paine has slipped down the pecking order a lot since scoring 215 against WA. The concept of opening and keeping is an unlikely one and his struggling form has perhaps caused him to side with the gloves more than if he had showed prolonged batting form. With DiVenuto intending to retire from Tasmania, the decision may be made for him as they seek to fill the gap.

Not everyone has an interesting 23 year old and Queensland's best young batsman is probably still Shane Watson, only 26 although it seems like he has spent a decade in rehab. It's been a very lean season for all the Bulls, injury garotting the squad and Watson's own top order aspirations probably didn't help as he strung ducks up like a Chinese chef. Nevertheless he finally found a saving grace, knocking Tasmania out of the T20s in the penultimate game with a flurry of sixes to contribute an unbeaten 69.

Around the globe, I have to agree that I'm expecting to see Manoj Tiwary sooner rather than later, but it's utterly imperative that the West Indies get both Adrian Barath and Kieron Pollard into their international squad sooner than soon. I think New Zealand could have a hidden talent in Greg Hay and in England, although Luke Wright is a popular hard-hitter, I have to say I like the sound of James Hildreth decidedly more.

I dont think Shane Watson is answer for best batsmen tommorow. As rightly said by angry he has spen a decade in rehab and less time on field.

What about Adam Vogues?

Yeah he doesn't have much experience so I think he might be overrated but i've never seen him play and also he might keep up this good batting, ill just have to wait and see ;)

Pomersbach has played hardly any cricket for a 23 year old.

You have to bear in mind that in Australia 22-23 is the age when most commonly most players are making their debuts. It's not at all like in England when you get thrown to county attacks at 17.

Pomersbach has played hardly any cricket for a 23 year old.
Yeah because we only have 5 domestic teams. Before making his First-Class debut he destroyed both the English & South African bowling attacks and his First-Class average would be around 70 if he they had've counted the tour match against England in 2006 where he knocked an unbeaten century.

His also one of the few batsman in the world to hit Shaun Tait back over his head for 6 (and was sledging Tait while doing so!). I've watched him play some great innings, his got that Kevin Pietersen feeling about him.

You gotta remember that not even the great Glenn McGrath didn't make his First-Class debut until he was 22 aswell!

Yeah he doesn't have much experience so I think he might be overrated but i've never seen him play and also he might keep up this good batting, ill just have to wait and see ;)

Not overrated. He is the gun as someone said. I have seen him destroying attacks for his side. He can anyday make his ODI debut for Australia and I have feeling with Australias rotation policy he will be in action in upcoming series.

Yeah because we only have 5 domestic teams. Before making his First-Class debut he destroyed both the English & South African bowling attacks and his First-Class average would be around 70 if he they had've counted the tour match against England in 2006 where he knocked an unbeaten century.

His also one of the few batsman in the world to hit Shaun Tait back over his head for 6 (and was sledging Tait while doing so!). I've watched him play some great innings, his got that Kevin Pietersen feeling about him.

You gotta remember that not even the great Glenn McGrath didn't make his First-Class debut until he was 22 aswell!

Different systems, it does seem very odd but that's how it works.

I thought there was 6 teams?

Queensland
Western Australia
Victoria
Tasmania
South Australia
New South Wales

Or does Tasmania not count?

Users who are viewing this thread