Best Spin Attack?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think Ajmal and Afridi are the best spin duo in tournament. Indians are best players of spinner in the world and look how these guys tied them down. Ajmal is one of the best offies going around in international cricket. Afridi has got variety and aggression. These guys are the best IMHO.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Botha is very good ODI bowler. But I will still rate Vettori high than him.

Both are way way way better than India's lone spinner Bhajji. Hell even UV is better than Bhajji.

I never rated Harbajhan as much of a ODI bowler. He's good, but when he plays on a flat wicket, he tends to get hammered. He doesn't seem to have a back up for when the ball doesn't spin. But if he can find purchase on the track he becomes a huge asset.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I never rated Harbajhan as much of a ODI bowler. He's good, but when he plays on a flat wicket, he tends to get hammered. He doesn't seem to have a back up for when the ball doesn't spin. But if he can find purchase on the track he becomes a huge asset.

Time to drop him now. We have enough of his crap for years and his idiotic behavior on field.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Time to drop him now. We have enough of his crap for years and his idiotic behavior on field.

When did he last behave badly on the field in an international match? Dont count his IPL thing with Sreesanth. Thats not an international series.

Harbhajan is a far better ODI bowler than a test bowler. His economy rate is very good in ODI's and he helps in containing the batsmen well in recent times. In the recent tri-series final, he won us the game picking 5 wickets. Its absolutely stupid to think of dropping him.

In fact he and Mishra will make a really good spinning combination seeing the way Mishra bowls and bowled today.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Are you serious? last year Vettori averaged 27.94 with the ball at an economy of 3.72. If that's horrible, I would hate to see what good is. But hey you obviously know more than everyone else.

If you take his numbers for last year calendar year he averages over 47, and thats the way I went with it. From Aug 26 08 to Aug 26 09.

Where did I say I know more than anyone else?? point it out?

nz0003

International Cricketer
If you take his numbers for last year calendar year he averages over 47, and thats the way I went with it. From Aug 26 08 to Aug 26 09.

Where did I say I know more than anyone else?? point it out?

Vettori had a horrible year last year

You said last year, which was infact a good year. By saying that he bowled badly in that year, you obviously know more than anyone else.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
You said last year, which was infact a good year. By saying that he bowled badly in that year, you obviously know more than anyone else.

Well when I said last year I mean last calendar year. I remember looking at these when the ICC put up their nominations for the ICC awards.
Fact is for the last calendar year Vettori hasn't been himself but there are reasons for that.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Botha is ok, but Swann (remember him?) is far superior.

Sorry to mention stats, but how many 5 wicket hauls does Botha have?

Maybe Botha should chuck down a few more doosras.

Ajmal is better than those two anyway, just look at the stats (and the doosras).

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Totally off topic but I saw Ajmal bowl against India the other day for the first time. He's 31 years old! :eek: Pretty unheard of in subcontinent standards to debut someone, especially a bowler, that late.

Yeah, I never liked Harbhajan either. When he gets bogged down, he loses his variation and his trajectory gets flat and his pace becomes too fast to cause any real trouble to the batsman. He's best when he flights it up, and has those doosras always playing on the batsman's mind. The arm balls a good 'un too.

I, of course, really like Murali Kartik. I think he's one of the more aggressive Left Arm Spinners in the world, perhaps even one of the best. He's just been ridiculously short changed by the Indian administration, got dropped after a 6fer and a heroic, matchwinning effort with the bat, a true allround performance, that too against Australia.

But I think that ship has sailed...

Users who are viewing this thread