Big Ant working on Cricket Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I too would like to see a trailer because I traded in AC09 a while back, and want a cricket game that actually works online. However, if it is arcade cricket, that could be a problem

I've a feeling this will be a good game. There is almost no expectation of a good game from this company being new in this. This means no pressure on them and something to prove to others. They could bring out the best actually and hopefully they do. I'll buy this for sure.

i think they will release before the ashes

Does anybody knows how quality games they make and any prediction of this game to PC.

Apparently the Rugby game they made is actually decent. Absolutely no news on the PC front so anyone who says different is making it up.

Weird how they have barely announced anything with the "release" date coming up so soon. Hopefully its not a rushed project. WC2011 is around the corner, they don't have to rush it out for the Ashes.

Well it's a bit strange Rubgy League Live. I don't actually have the game but people who have it say it's half-decent but then I read the IGN review and they completely bagged the game out.

One thing i want to know from all of them here is why they r neglecting PC games.Most of the games are being developed for Xbox and PS3, but not for pc.

Apparently the Rugby game they made is actually decent. Absolutely no news on the PC front so anyone who says different is making it up.

Weird how they have barely announced anything with the "release" date coming up so soon. Hopefully its not a rushed project. WC2011 is around the corner, they don't have to rush it out for the Ashes.

I think they are targeting two games. To build their fanbase from the Ashes release, and then release another one by the World Cup. If EA decides to join in we potentially have 3 cricket games for the WC :D

Params7 added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

One thing i want to know from all of them here is why they r neglecting PC games.Most of the games are being developed for Xbox and PS3, but not for pc.

I think its probably just analogue controls not possible on a keyboard and that the sales just don't pay off the development costs on PC due to piracy. Either that or being on limited budget, PS3 and X360 come first.

^Analog controls should be possible on PC. 360 Controller I think could be of help.

Well it's a bit strange Rubgy League Live. I don't actually have the game but people who have it say it's half-decent but then I read the IGN review and they completely bagged the game out.
Most league fans who play it liked it. But gaming fans probably wouldn't. As I've said I had really low expectations and it bettered my expectations. In terms of fun-ness it's brilliant. But on the other hand it was a low budget game made completely from scratch so it isn't the best gameplay wise although It's an improvement from other rugby league games. That's why I like it, it's an improvement.

One thing that I'm worried about: If Rugby League didn't have online it wouldn't be worth having unless you had a mate to play 24/7. I can't imagine myself sitting there playing it offline for too long. One of my mates who doesn't have internet has already taken it back and I imagine I would have by now too.

It's a hard one to judge on, especially because cricket and Rugby League are completely different. I can see people having there expectations high and being let down.

A major positive is the Big Ant staff. Ross Symons, the owner of the company is reading the Rugby League Live forums everyday and talking to the fans about how they can improve it for next years edition. It's a good statement from them that the main man is communicating with the fans.

I've basically said what we all know "It could be good or crap" I guess we'll have to wait and see :p

Yeah, hopefully they (Big Ant) can come on here and provide info and answer some questions.

^I think PC Australia should try and contact them about the details of the game.

^I meant members of PC from Australia could try and get answers from the studio. I hope its clear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread