Bit of a rant

You are spot on. Unless this game is sufficiently patched, it will go down in history as yet another flop.

And that really would be a great shame for a game with this much potential.

Still, there's always the chance that P.C. will be able to do something...

A great deal. Too bouncy for a full length; too slow on a short length.

Yes, I've picked up on that as well. Next question, do you believe you can do anything about it? I might be dreaming here, but didn't you do something about the bounce in BLIC 2007?

A great deal. Too bouncy for a full length; too slow on a short length.

I have to admit with bounce i have had no problems, also have not noticed these problems you speak of as i have alot of success with my bouncers, but if a patch was put into place to sort this so called issue then my opinon may change and i may notice the problem that was occuring.

I have to admit with bounce i have had no problems, also have not noticed these problems you speak of as i have alot of success with my bouncers, but if a patch was put into place to sort this so called issue then my opinon may change and i may notice the problem that was occuring.

Oh c'mon, any fool who even thinks one little bit about cricket can see the bounce is wrong. The AI lands the ball somewhere around where you'd expect to play a nice cover drive, and you've got the batsmen playing some sort of back-foot prod at it.

The bouncers are horrid, not just the way they are bowler, but the speed as well! If Flintoff bowled a bouncer, you need to be a better batsmen than Ponting to evade it, in AC09, you can swat him out of the park!!

Oh c'mon, any fool who even thinks one little bit about cricket can see the bounce is wrong. The AI lands the ball somewhere around where you'd expect to play a nice cover drive, and you've got the batsmen playing some sort of back-foot prod at it.

The bouncers are horrid, not just the way they are bowler, but the speed as well! If Flintoff bowled a bouncer, you need to be a better batsmen than Ponting to evade it, in AC09, you can swat him out of the park!!

I didnt say the bounce wasnt wrong i said i have had no problem with bowling bouncers as i have had success, a blind man could see that the bounce is wrong:laugh

jamershepp added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I have to admit tho who evers bowling bouncers at me i can hit them 99% of the time, depending on field positions, which gives me a choice to leave or defend of course.

I think it is CLEAR that the optimum bowling lengths and bounce is wrong. It is then up to you if you want to stick to bowling what is the 'correct' length and get hit all around the park or bowl what the game perceives to be the 'correct' length and manage to keep the AI at a reasonable run rate.

Last night I bowled two maidens in a row and would have had a third if it wasnt for a no ball. I played a whole session keeping the AI to a rate below 4 no problem. I did have some variation in my bowling but i stuck to areas that the AI seldomn risked playing shots, this included bouncers (the AI has a very limited 'slot' where the AI will defend bouncers or cause them problems). If I did deviate from this area it was either by mistake (which got punished) or by design moving the cursor late for a disguised delivery to try and bring about a wicket. When the AI did play aggressively I had my field set to restrict the most likely shots to singles. This wasnt a defensive field, I have bowled many over for 1-3 runs with attacking fields. I just set my field to cut out the most likely shots for the line I bowl.

Don't get me wrong, as i said in my first paragraph the main 'correct' length you have to bowl is too full. It is just up to you if you are willing to put up with that or you feel it is a 'game breaker'. I also understand that some people are not willing to put up with this issue, but they must also understand that some of us are.

Finally, anyone who thinks that bowling a specific line and length to restrict scoring is 'boring' shouldn't be playing test match cricket. Yes, the length is wrong but the principle is correct, ask Glenn McGrath.

I've noticed the same things. Yes the principles are correct, and the lengths are wrong. However the AI batting in my experience (and i'm talking against Kenya's batters here), seems to fall into two distinct modes. Slog or hopeless. If you hammer the two spots , very full outside off stump you are safe as long as you execute the delivery well. The other spot in midline almost halfway for a big bouncer, the AI does some silly stuff with this and usually doesn't even make a swing.

The other mode seems to be, if you bowl anywhere other than the light green the the above mentioned spots it's going for 4 and often 6. I've had Kenyan batsmen scoop head high bouncers straight for six.

I've only found the above two lines and lengths any good at all for keeping batsmen undercontrol. So of all the variation in lines and lengths i'm forced to bowl the same two.

Bouncers are a non-event in this game.

Bouncers are actually very good for keeping the R/R down and getting wickets in tests - especially against right handers.

set the world famous, Dhoni field where he has 7 players on the off side and 1 on the leg side, have ur bowler pitch an ff stump line, i'd like to see the AI get 200 runs in 23 overs lol

Users who are viewing this thread