Bit of a rant

Good overall game

This is a good game, ofcourse it has a few minor traits.

When i started playing this game, i was smacked all around the park (For 6's), but once i got the hang of bowling the right length and the speed, it was totally rewarding, ofcouse a nice fielding setup is absolutely necessary.

I am more concerned on the runouts and the way we (users) can smack the AI bowling at will, maybe the AI bowlers should mix and match the speed and it will be an awesome encounter.

The off spinner loop-hole is something very annoying.

Overall it is a nice game to play.

I am sure they didn't test this game properly with some realistic cricket players with gaming as a hobby. (How do you hit a square cut six for an in swinger out of the leg stump with middle stump guard? Well answer is simple, play this game.)

For the first time play, this was a fantastic game....
Second time almost good....
third time not so good...
and so on...

Bowl as you wish, they will score some runs with 20 or more runrate, if you find the timing well, you can win very easily, as I scored a 100 in 4 overs in 20-20 with 0 wicket loss.

Anyway, I was going through the forums and player editing..And what I found was.

Edit all players satisfying these conditions..
Batting
Judgement 50-60
Placement precision - 5 (compulsary)
Running speed - MAX (compulsary)
Strength - 25 for players like Sachin, about 80 for Yusuf Pathan like players
Timing - 40-60 for players like Sachin, about 25 for Yusuf Pathan like players
Bowling
Accuracy - 30-60
InDrift - any
OutDrift -any
Pace - any
Spin/Cut -any
Fielding
Outfield catching - MAX (not compulsary)
Reflex catching- any
Running Speed - MAX (compulsary)
Throwing Accuracy - 40-70
Throwing Distance - MAX (not compulsary)

By putting these values for all players, we can get a good game from us and computer.
My results was better ;-
We can control CPU batsmen even if they are on fire by bowling tricky balls, like an In cutter or Doosra
CPU stupid run out never happened for me. ( It may happen but didn't for me )
We can't stand and deliver all the time.

I edited only two teams, I got this, I will edit all the teams when I have time.
If someone has done, please share.

Did you get round to this my man? What were the results? Care to share?:)

Thanks.

I had no free time, So I didn't edited all the players.

Just reducing the placement precision to MINIMUM and increasing the Fielding speed to MAX will improve the gameplay.

I had no free time, So I didn't edited all the players.

Just reducing the placement precision to MINIMUM and increasing the Fielding speed to MAX will improve the gameplay.

Okay I will it a try....It is however completely sad that we have to go to these lengths. Once again I blow the trumpet: if I load up Flight Sim the last thing I expect to have to do is tweak all the aircraft stats so that they get off the ground because the developers made the planes so heavy they can't fly! Mad, completely mad. And the real mad thing is; we all try and get this thing to work decently!:sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread