BLC/SWC Editing PC AI and other Editing Stuff Info

Suddy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I'm new to this forum and would like to share some info with u guys. So If u guys are already aware of this info please don't flame me. I've always enjoyed playing Shane Warne Cricket as i'm in NZ, u northern Hemisphere ppl will know it as Brian Lara Cricket .. but anyway i love this game to death and its the best cricket video game ever released (Cricket 2002 for PS2 doesn't even come close in my opinion) ... but i thought that there were a few things that could have been done better in BLC/SWC. I was fooling around with the files and discovered that you can edit stuff like ball physics and batting physics inthe game by editing the values in a few files. These files are the *.cfg files in the main game directory such as tcompbat.cfg, county.cfg, test.cfg .. these files take effect depeing on which difficulty level u play on. You can adjust things such as the amount of swing the ball has, the pace of the ball, the spin of the ball on various pitches and other stuff. Another thing that I didn't like about BLC/SWC was the Computer AI, when I play One dayers I like to play 50 overs, the PC would always start hitting out at around the 38 - 39th over and would end up being bowled out at around the 40- 41st over and get a lower score than they were capable of. I found out how to change this, you can set the aggressiveness of the PC AI by changing the values in the files such as "1day50.cfg", "1day 20.cfg" in the main directory depending on how many overs u like to play. You can now edit the PC AI aggression for all lenghts of the limited overs game as well as tests. In the "1day50.cfg" there are categories like Defensive, Moderate, Aggressive and Six .. and these are done for each 10 overs ( I know it sounds complicated .. it's hard to explain till u see the files .. then u'll know what i'm talking about). You can then adjust and set values .. like i have made the computer play more aggressive shots at the 40 - 45 over ( the default was for the computer to hit all sixes when it hit the 40th over) and i have made them hit sixes only from the 45-50th over. This has resulted in improved gameplay and more realistic scores and results. You can also set the desired run rates as well in this file for the PC AI. By tweaking and adjusting the ball physics and PC batting aggression and shot selection the game has become much more enjoyable. I hope this helps you guys out ... If you already knew this sorry for wasting your time .. I was just trying to help people enjoy and tailor BLC/SWC to theur own liking and improve the game for them.

Hi,

U refer to editing the values for the .cfg files, for amount of swing, pace, aggression, etc.

How exactly do u do that? _(I' m a new user and i dont know)

Thanks

Use the dos command edit and play around witht the values .. u'll notice a big difference

All the stuff you are taliking has already been done by a lot of ppl like jonah, iaq, phil and many more. We also have a .tim editor that is great that is also useful for SWC. Many more things have been done and discussed about BLC. Keep trying and listening for new things.

Users who are viewing this thread