BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

tomnut said:
does anyone think cricket 2005 is the better of the 2 cricket games to buy for someone who has never owned a cricket game before? and wants some realisim in the game
Yes go for Cricket 2005.Currently its the best cricket game and Hardly u will notice any kind of bugs as you are new to cricket games.

What actually then seems to have been fixed between the Demo and the Official release? It seems a lot of the little glitches seem to have made their way in despite claims they would be fixed :(

btw...can anybody let me know what is the size of the installation files??
how many cds in the game??
im talkin abt pc cd rom not the pc dvd
plzz let me know
and ive heard that it requires 4.4 GB hard drive space!! is it true?
plz help me!!

tomnut said:
hey can anyone who has played both proper games please tell me which one they would advise me (who has never owned a cricket game before) to buy and not to base there decision because they dont like EA i would like a honest answer since i have never owned a cricket game before so this would be my first one and want it to be the most realistic i.e. batting, fielding and bowling. i aint bothered about commentary .

thansk people
BLIC would be my first cricket game :cool:

If i was choosing my first cricket game, i would go for BLIC 2005...

I like BLIC because its fun! I already have C2K4 for realism...

tomnut said:
hey can anyone who has played both proper games please tell me which one they would advise me (who has never owned a cricket game before) to buy and not to base there decision because they dont like EA i would like a honest answer since i have never owned a cricket game before so this would be my first one and want it to be the most realistic i.e. batting, fielding and bowling. i aint bothered about commentary .

thansk people
Depends on weather you want a fast fun game, or have time to play on hours on end. If you have time get EA.

Yeh like Zorax said, you need heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasps of time (especially for xbox version) and heaps of patience for C2k5. But BLIC is damn fun!!

seems to be a tough one to answer which one is best, ive got cricket 2005 but not BLIC so cant make the "which one is best" thing but from playing cricket 2005 i was quite happy with what they released i think the graphics were a great improvement over 2004 but the commentary is awful. the realism looks to be streets ahead of BLIC i mean good stadiums from around the world, editors, stats, county/state teams, tours etc etc so you think it should be miles better than BLIC! i will have to wait until i play BLIC before making a judgement :cheers

AH

Played BLIC for the first time today, set up an exhibition match on easiest settings, England v West Indies. I was England fielding first, and the W Indies ran riot with my bowlers! They hit Flintoff for 46 off just 3 overs, they were hitting all kinds of balls for 6 on a regular basis. I'm not impressed by the CPU batting at all, I mean they were pulling balls from outside the off stump for 6 out on the leg side. All balls whether pitched short of a length, or on a good length, got the same treatment, loads of sixes hit on the off side over backward point etc, bleeding ridiculous. Needless to say I didn't save that game, and switched it off for now. I'll try it again later, first impressions! Not good!

athkatla said:
Played BLIC for the first time today, set up an exhibition match on easiest settings, England v West Indies. I was England fielding first, and the W Indies ran riot with my bowlers! They hit Flintoff for 46 off just 3 overs, they were hitting all kinds of balls for 6 on a regular basis. I'm not impressed by the CPU batting at all, I mean they were pulling balls from outside the off stump for 6 out on the leg side. All balls whether pitched short of a length, or on a good length, got the same treatment, loads of sixes hit on the off side over backward point etc, bleeding ridiculous. Needless to say I didn't save that game, and switched it off for now. I'll try it again later, first impressions! Not good!
uh? What you think CPU will bat like in just a 10 over game? Its quite obvious that CPU will go for just about anything in order to get as many as runs in a 10 over game.
I think its pretty good. I dunno why you complaning abt this? You should also bat like that.....

Im just curious, other than the 15 international teams (WC teams and USA) we know about, which are the other 2 that make up the 17? or did they just get scrapped...

sameer0807 said:
uh? What you think CPU will bat like in just a 10 over game? Its quite obvious that CPU will go for just about anything in order to get as many as runs in a 10 over game.
I think its pretty good. I dunno why you complaning abt this? You should also bat like that.....

Some people will never learn, does he think the computer are going to block the ball in a 10 over game?

i can't wait untill tomorrow im hoping it arrives in the post!

athkatla said:
Easiest Setting=Slog Mode.
Match setting=10 overs
Therfore Slog mode+10 overs=250 runs required for victory:D

Just a quickie, played BLIC on my laptop so not 100% playable, yes its a fun game but very very arcadey and the in game commentators are terrible so the watch word here is realism get cricket 2005 for fun get BLIC simple as that really

have fun :cheers

up the england :happy

can someone tell me exactly when you can save the game on cricket 2005 in the XBOX version?. cheesr

best game i have played!

Users who are viewing this thread