BLIC - I have received mine....1st thoughts.

The game is top class.. Hits C2005 for six due to you being able to hit the ball for 4 and 6 through the covers plus the game has some good AI. Ok there are a few bugs, but if you think about it, if you can bowl 94mph plus then whats the computer gonna do to you when your batting and gets p1ssed off.

The catch meter is probable one of the best ideas in the game as its down to the player to catch it not the computers AI to decide.

hey can we pause the game in between balls n see the replay again or not?

Already posted this at Codemaster's forum but...

I have a few issues with the game, its dead easy even on Test level, the AI of the opposition is pretty non existent. I was smacking the India attack to all parts of the ground and still there captain refuses to stick men out. Bowling is a piece of **** on Test level, the Indians had to go at 6.3 and over to win the game, and throughout there 30 over innings, no once did there take a shape single down at 3rd man or fine leg or even hit a ball with any anger. Got to the point where I was bowling rank half volleys to see if the mighty Indian top order would dispatch them and there didn?t. Must have been on to the bookmakers at the interval because there never ever wanted to the win the game.

So far I am rather disappointed, batting is a breeze, one eye on the screen and the other on Ashes and still the Indian bowlers bowled a load of **** down the legside. But the old Brian Lara games were a walk in the ****ing park, so didn?t expect anything challenging or remotely difficult. Probably would have to play with the USA to get a game out of anyone. Also where?s the sweep shot, all I see is a clip down to fine leg, that?s not a sweep, also where?s the wicket keepers helmet and fielding and throwing to one end is so stupid. You never once feel in control whilst fielding, the computer runs for you like a retarded I catching is so easy, you could click the cursor with your eyes close.

But it?s far superior to EA?s effort, a game which really does rub you up the wrong way. Brian Lara cricket is fun, I don?t think the game was designed for hardcore cricket fans, it?s very much pick up a play, the learning curve is all of ten seconds and the only challenge for me was batting with Andre Nel, which was a laugh, seeing me swing and miss but still manager to get 14 of 10 balls. I just wish the game could have been more challenging.

Its not as bad as i expected although i still think EA cricket is much more realistic and fun to play.

AI can always be tweaked to be made harder, to be made to leave the ball, etc. etc.

to made harder yes but to leave the ball..... has anyone seen them leave at all? maybe they just wernt programmed to leave the ball. i know that with no leave button it seems as if they kinda didnt care/forgot about it. if they simply didnt program the leave function then we wouldnt have a hope of fixing it. hopefully dat aint the case and we can edit the config files (anyone found em?) and make em leave more often

i saw a post by someone on the codemasters forum saying that the ai did leave some ball outside the off stump. seems to be mixed review about it with quite a lot of people on here saying cricket 2005 in all its bugged state is better than blic 2005 which seems too acradey for people on here

well if it is programmed then im sure it can be edited to make it more frequent

ZoraxDoom said:
AI can always be tweaked to be made harder, to be made to leave the ball, etc. etc.

How may I ask.

Also is Test the hardest level of difficulty?.

I got mine this morning :D (didn't get a chance to install to after 1pm though had to go get the old man a birthday pressie) TBH I like it (after a quickie test game) I like the........whole it's really easy to get into type thing (the real names patch was a real bonus) I think with time it will grow on me more and AT LEAST for the PC version anyway.......hopefully people will work on fun downloads and stuff and it could.........well be pretty fantastic.

I only have three problems with the game in that Googly bowlers, bowl leg-spin as their stock ball? and have googly as their "special delivery". I think Codies got mixed up with this. They have it the right way round in the manual though!

Also bowling pseed as mentioned, although Andrew Flintoff seems to bowl as fast as Harmison but the speed-o-meter still says 75mph!

Also there is no leave or duck button which means a bouncer aimed at you either hits you or you have to play a shot!

Other than that it is a reasonable game, though I am a little disappointed!

isnt the stadium of westindies

Ste said:
Ok heres some screenshots click to enlarge them

Butcher getting a 50:

Hawkeye Spider:

Hawkeye Spider from above:

Good picture of the crowd, note the people in England ODI shirts

Long shadows and darkening sky in the evening session

well the stadium in the pictures seem to be very much like a westindies stadium isnt tht so....coz STE said the stadium r the same 16.....i think its different and looks a westindies stadium...

Any body will let me know that how much space this game takes as whole install.

Users who are viewing this thread