Blue Is The Color, Football Is The Game..

de8gu1.jpg

Bologna clinch Belletti deal
6th August, 2010

xdgigy.jpg

Belletti completes move to Bologna

Italian Serie A side Bologna have completed the ?1.5 million signing of versatile Brazilian right-back Juliano Belletti from Chelsea.

The 34-year-old moves to Renato Dall'Ara, penning a two-year deal, after making 51 appearances and scoring four goals for Chelsea since making his first-team debut during the 2007-08 season after joining the London club from FC Barcelona for a fee of ?4.3 million.

Manager Franco Colomba told the club website: "Juliano a very experience player having played in the Spain, England and also in the Champions League. He has got good legs and a lovely touch on the ball as you would imagine from a Brazilian player. He is very versatile and can play in almost any position."

sport1e.jpg
sport2.jpg

6dqu85.jpg
westhamsportbar2.jpg

Nicolas Anelka agrees personal terms with Everton

107lws5.jpg

Anelka's agent says his client has agreed personal terms with Everton,
Photograph: Jamie McDonald/Getty Images

Former Arsenal, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka's agent Doug Pingisi says the player has reached an agreement to join Everton.

The Merseyside club have been in negotiations with Anelka and his agent for the past few days after Chelsea had an offer of ?15m plus the French striker for Jack Rodwell accepted. Rhys Taylor will also join Everton on loan. After today's meeting with the club, Doug Pingisi told reporters the deal is close to completion.

"It's done," he said. "We have reached an agreement with Everton. Nicolas talked to the manager David Moyes yesterday and is very happy to be wearing the Everton jersey. All the details have been filed."

Reports suggest Anelka has signed a three-year deal with Everton and will earn ?5.5m a season. It brings an end to the 31-year-old's two-year stay at Stamford Bridge. Pingisi said Anelka will join up with his new team-mates next week.

"It's complete harmony with us and Everton," he said. "We are very happy and satisfied. The deal's sealed, next week he will start working with his new team-mates. As soon as he signs the contract he will be at Moyes'disposal."

The agreement is likely to see Rodwell move in the opposite direction. The clubs have yet to confirm the news but Everton announced this morning that Rodwell will be leaving the Everton squad in Portugal and fly back to London to agree his personal terms with Chelsea.

Last edited:
sport1e.jpg
sport2.jpg

6dqu85.jpg
westhamsportbar2.jpg

Jack Rodwell also agrees personal terms

24l3bqe.jpg

Rodwell agrees personal terms with Chelsea,
Photograph: Jamie McDonald/Getty Images

England under-21 international Jack Rodwell has agreed personal terms with Chelsea as he edges ever closer to joining the English giants from Everton.

The London club had previously had an offer of ?15m and Nicolas Anelka in exchange for the young English defensive midfielder accepted by Everton but it was feared the deal could collapse over the players' respective wage demands. The Chelsea reserves keeper Rhys Taylor is also due to join Everton on loan, although he today cast doubt on his part of the deal.

Anelka successfully concluded negotiations with Everton yesterday and now Rodwell has followed suit after flying to London from Portugal, where David Moyes'side are currently training.

Chelsea's chief executive Ron Gourlay told Chelsea TV: "We have a principal agreement with the player and with Everton and the relevant documentation is now being prepared. The clubs are trying to finalise the deal as quickly as possible. It could be done in couple of days."

Rodwell won the PFA Young Player of the Year award last season while Anelka was able to find the back of the net only nine times in 38 appearances in all competitions as Chelsea ended fourth in Premier League. With Anelka only having one year left on his current deal, Chelsea were willing to sell. The deal is now a step closer although the stumbling block could yet be Taylor's reluctance to move to the Goodison Park.

The under-21 Wales keeper told Daily Mirror: "I have a contract with Chelsea and am currently preparing for the new season with the team. My aim is to make the breakthrough here and be successful with this club." Taylor's father has denied being contacted about a switch to Inter. "Nobody has spoken to me or Rhys about a possible transfer to Everton, we are a bit surprised about recent reports."

Last edited:
WOW! Chelsea having a massive sale here! Could cause them some trouble.

de8gu1.jpg

Chelsea complete Rodwell signing
9th August, 2010

10xqydw.jpg

Rodwell signs a five-year deal at Chelsea

The England under-21 defensive midfielder Jack Rodwell has signed a five-year contract at Chelsea in a deal equivalent to a ?25m transfer from Everton, which includes Nicolas Anelka moving in the opposite direction.

The move was confirmed following a medical this afternoon which the Everton academy player passed without any problems. The London club have paid Everton ?15m for Rodwell, who was named the PFA Young Player of the Year last season and also attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal.

Anelka, who is valued at ?10m, and at 31 is almost twelve years older than the young Englishamn, is the main makeweight in the deal and has agreed a three-year contract at Everton, but the Chelsea reserves keeper Rhys Taylor is also on his way to the Merseyside club on a season-long loan. Taylor who had a good season on loan at QPR, is available for Everton to buy at ?2m after the loan agreement ends.

Gianfranco Zola who unveiled Rodwell as his second signing at Chelsea told the club's official website: "We were looking for players with character and a good winning mentality. He has played first team football with Everton and has a very good experience of Premier League. He can play in many position - in defence or in midfield - and is someone with a very positive mentality, which is what we are looking for.

"We are delighted that Jack has chosen to come here to Chelsea" Blues manager told Chelsea TV. "He is a very good player with fantastic potential, and as a club we are always keen to sign British talent as they would be very useful for the long run."

Rodwell who rejected the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal told Chelsea TV: "The key word for me is ambition. This is an ambitious club going places and there is a good chance of winning things here and making myself a better player. I will get a lot to learn from the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba over here. When a big club comes then it becomes very difficult to turn down an opportunity like this."

a44glf.jpg
30ndhs0.jpg

Dzeko: "I will become an even better player"
9th August, 2010

fu3kg5.jpg

Dzeko's first ever interview with Chelsea TV as a Chelsea player

In his first ever interview with Chelsea TV as a Chelsea player, the two time Bundesliga winner with VfL Wolfsburg, Edin Dzeko assures the fans that he will become an “even better player” in a club like Chelsea.

How did you feel when you were unveiled at Stamford Bridge?

It was a busy day, I had my medical in the morning and then in the afternoon I signed a very important contract. After that I was unveiled in front of press conference at the stadium and at that time I was nervous. I was nervous because there were many people to welcome me at Stamford Bridge. Its very hard to describe how I felt in words. Overall it was one or the most important day in my life.

Do you feel there be huge pressure on you because the club have spend over ?25m on you?

I would lie if I say there is no pressure on me. There is always pressure on each and every footballer to asnwer the expectations of the team or the supporters. There will be pressure on me but hopefully I could tackle it on the pitch by scoring goals for the team and by winning matches. Actually this pressure will help me become an even better player.

What do you know about the history of Chelsea and its players?

Some great stars have played for Chelsea. Denis Wise, Gullit, Hughes, Zola, Desaliy, Lampard, Terry..., they’re great names. Everyone knows them and becoming a part of that history is one of my objectives. Everyone wants to come to Chelsea but not just anyone can do that.

Will you fit into the Chelsea style?

I think I’ll fit in really well because it’s the way I want to play, the way I want to train, the way I want to learn, because this style of football is almost the same as Wolfsburg. It really suited me and I it will also help me become an even better player.

Have you had good references from people that know Chelsea?

Everyone I’ve spoken to has spoken positively. I spoke to Robben, Leahmann... everyone I spoke to spoke really well of Chelsea. Nobody said anything negative, everyone agreed that if you get the chance to come here then take it. Mentally, I was already with Chelsea when I received news of the Club’s interest.

You’ve spoken to Zola. What did he say to you?

He was very happy to make me his first signing at Chelsea and I’m also very happy that it’s all official now. Zola said he’s happy if I’m happy and that the rest will come by itself.

de8gu1.jpg

Moncao sign Chelsea striker Di Santo on loan
10th August, 2010

mjok94.jpg

Di Santo had a poor season on loan at Blackburn

The AS Monaco FC manager Gury Lacombe has signed striker Franco Di Santo on loan from Chelsea for the first half of the season.

Lacombe has been determined to strengthen his attack following the departure of Frederic Nimani to AS Saint-Etienne and Di Santo will give him a fresh option. The 21-year-old Argentinian made only a minimal impact on the first team at Stamford Bridge after signing from Chilean side Audax Italiano in January 2008.

He sepnt the last season on loan at Premier League side Blackburn Rovers where he made around 24 appearances scorings three goals for Sam Allardyce's team which finished 17th - just one place above the drop.

Di Santo will stay with Monaco until January under the terms of the deal completed today. Monaco will then have first option on extending the deal providing Chelsea are willing to let him stay on loan for the remaining months of the season.

In other news, the 21-year-old defender Sam Hutchinson has joined Championship side Derby County on a season long loan with an option of a permanent deal, while Fabio Borini will spend the rest of the season on loan at Cardiff City.

a44glf.jpg
30ndhs0.jpg

Drogba: This season there will be no 'Top Four'
12th August, 2010

2cgn11c.jpg

Drogba predicts there will be no 'top four'

Chelsea and Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba says he expects this season's Premier League to be the toughest in years, with as many as six teams challenging for the title.

Drogba believes the 'Big Four' of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will be pushed harder than ever, though he did not specify which teams he feels with challenge the status quo at the top of the Premier League. .

"It will no longer be the 'Big Four', but the 'Big Five' or 'Big Six'. I've never had an easy season since I came to England," Drogba told to Chelsea TV on Thursday. "It gets harder each year, and, without doubt, this one promises to be even harder. There are five or six teams capable of fighting for the title."

The Ivory Coast striker missed yesterday's 1-1 draw away to North Korea after picking up a knock in Chelsea's training on Monday, but is hoping to recover in time to face Aston Villa on Saturday's opening day of the Premier League.

Drogba, who joined Chelsea from Marseille five years ago and signed a new three-year at the start of last season, expects the Blues to challenge on every front. "We have a great team and a great manager in Zola. We have also added a couple of players which are very good and we have good depth in our squad. Our main objective is to win the Premier League or the Champions League but at the same time play good football and entertain the supporters."

de8gu1.jpg

Magical Chelsea bury Villa
14th August, 2010

flbvus.jpg

Didier Drogba celebrates his opener with John Terry

Gianfranco Zola got his Chelsea reign up and running with victory over Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge and a message of attacking intent to the rest of the Barclays Premier League.

The Blues went ahead on three minutes when Drogba drove in a cracking shot from 25 yards but Gabriel Agbonlahor soon equalised with a precise header. Michael Essien robbed Stuart Downing and played in Kalou, to smash Chelsea's second. After the break Edin Dzeko slotted in after a sublime Drogba back-heel and he added a fourth with a deflected shot.

This is the second time that Chelsea have scored four goals in their opening game of the season in the last three years. Last time it was Luiz Felipe Scolari's Chelsea who thrashed Portsmouth 4-0 on the opening day. The hosts, wasted no time in setting about their task.

Drogba decided to take the direct approach after colecting a pass from Frank Lampard deep in Aston Villa's half. He skipped two challenges as he cut inside from the left and then launched a dipping shot from 25 yards which beat Brad Friedel for height and pace.

It was a dream start for the Blues but a nightmare for Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa, who gave their new summer signing Steven Defour - from Standard Leige - his first start. And the visitors still appeared shell-shocked when Salomon Kalou broke through the middle but the Ivorian did not quite get his attempted lob right and Friedel made a comfortable catch.

The script appeared set - a rampant Chelsea, with Malouda and Kalou rampaging down the flanks and Drogba and Dzeko menacing through the middle about to rip through opposition. But Ashley Young clearly felt a re-write was in order and promptly delivered the perfect cross - after turning left-back Ashley Cole inside-out - for Agbonlahor to head into the bottom left corner.

It was Agbonlahor's first goal for Villa after almost seven hours and it served to galvanise them. For the next 10 minutes, Villa held their own as Chelsea's early fluency deserted them. The visitors even missed a great chance to take the lead as frequent threat Young crossed in for Downing to head just wide of the right hand post.

Still, you felt once Chelsea smoothed out their now-stuttering approach play, Villa could find themselves in trouble once more. And so it proved, as Malouda went close with a low shot from the left side of the box as Chelsea slipped through the gears. Then Downing tried to trick his way past Essien on the edge of his area but had the ball nicked from his toes and played into the path of Kalou who smashed the ball home.

For the rest of the half, it seemed it was a matter of time before Chelsea scored again, particularly through Drogba. But the Ivorian striker could not convert Malouda's cross and later side-footed straight at Friedel after a slick passing move.

Immediately after the break, Lampard fizzed a drive just too high and wide and once more it seemed Chelsea were about to turn the screw. Aston Villa might have prevented it had Petr Cech not been equal to Steven Defour's rising shot. But after Drogba produced an exquisite backheel for Dzeko to slot the ball into the bottom corner for his first ever Chelsea goal on 57 minutes, the contest was over.

Kalou started to stretch his legs again, twisting and turning the Villa defence but not finding a finish to match. Chelsea took off Malouda for Yury Zhirkov on 67 minutes, and later brought on new signing Jack Rodwell for Alex.

It barely affected the pattern of the game, although Villa almost cut Chelsea's lead when Ashley Young went close with a curling free-kick. But instead, Dzeko rounded things off for Chelsea with 6 minutes to go when his shot looped off Carlos Cuellar and beat a disconsolate Friedel.

__________________________________________________​

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex(Rodwell 70), Terry(c), Cole, Kalou, Essien, Lampard, Malouda(Zhirkov 67), Dzeko(Sturridge 88), Drogba.
Subs Not Used: Turnbull, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel.

Booked: Essien, Lampard, Kalou.

Goals: Drogba 4, Kalou 35, Dzeko 57, 84.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Young(c), Cuellar, Collins(Dunne 46), Warnock, Downing, Milner, Defour, Young, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso(Carew 64).
Subs Not Used: Steele, Beye, De Mul, Bouma, Lowry.

Goals: Agbonlahor 7.

Att: 41,761.

Ref: H Webb.

Man of the Match: Didier Drogba.

de8gu1.jpg

Dzeko: I wont celebrate if I scored
17th August, 2010

2ajn909.jpg

Dzeko joined Chelsea from Wolfsburg

Edin Dzeko has said he will not celebrate if he scores for Chelsea at Wolfsburg in their Champions League meeting. The striker spent three successful years at Wolfsburg before joining Chelsea in the summer.

"It is going to be very difficult to play there," Dzeko told the Mirror. "But it is something I can't wait for now. To be back in that stadium will be fantastic. I wouldn't celebrate if I scored. It would take me a split second to remind myself not to celebrate. But if it happened at Volkswagen Arena, I would curb that instinct."

Dzeko, who won the Bundesliga once with Wolfsburg, added: "It's going to be a weird feeling playing against Wolfsburg at Volkswagen Arena but I am ready for it now. The thing is with Wolfsburg and Chelsea, they have terrific respect for each other. That's between the managers, the players, the fans and the clubs."

Dzeko accepted the fact that he snubbed Manchester City for Chelsea. "It doesn't matter about money, it's always about trophies," he said. "City offered me much more than Chelsea but I knew over here I was going to win more trophies than at City."

ucl1.png
ucl2.png

Chelsea fightback foils Wolfsburg
18th August, 2010

ixqye0.jpg

Frank Lampard celebrates after scoring the penalty

Chelsea FC came back from two goals behind to prevent defeat at VfL Wolfsburg and put themselves in a useful position in their UEFA Champions League best placed playoff tie.

The German side looked to have the game by the scruff of its neck when Obafemi Martins and Richard Weiner put them 2-0 up within 18 minutes. But Chelsea showed a repeated ability to claw back deficits under Jose Mourinho and they did the same when former when Frank Lampard converted a penalty deep in first-half added time before one of former VfL Wolfsburg star, Edin Dzeko, equalised in the 52nd minute.

VfL Wolfsburg qualified for the group stages last year being the winners of the Bundesliga and put themselves on to the road to a return when an twelfth-minute Karim Ziani cross was headed in by former Newcastle United striker Martins. Five minutes minutes later it was 2-0 as Josue set up Richard Weiner.

Yury Zhirkov began the response for the visitors when he came close soon afterward and although Josue again threatened, Chelsea were putting Wolfsburg under pressure. That told three minutes into first-half injury time as Lampard was brought down in the box and the playmaker, so vital to Chelsea, converted the spot-kick himself. Not long after the break Jack Rodwell's superb pass set up Dzeko for his third goal for the club in two matches. Both sides had their chances thereafter but there is all to play for in London in a fortnight.

Wolfsburg: Benaglio, Osorio, Rever, Lindemann, Ansaldi, Weiner(Obiorah 78), Josue(c), Kahlenberg, Ziani(Peters 71), Martins, Misimovic(Aydin 46).
Subs Not Used: Mader, Urban, Tore, Schmidt.

Booked: Josue.

Goals: Martins 12, Weiner 17.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Rodwell, Terry(c), A.Cole, J.Cole(Kalou 56), Lampard, Essien, Zhirkov, Dzeko, Sturrdige(Drogba 70).
Subs Not Used: Turnbull, Alex, Malouda, Bosingwa, Mikel.

Booked: Rodwell, Essien.

Goals: Lampard(pen) 45, Dzeko 52.

Att: 22,000

Ref: T Ovrebo.

Man of the Match: Frank Lampard.

de8gu1.jpg

Malouda passes medical ahead of Bayern Munich move
20th August, 2010

4t7y3r.jpg

Malouda relieved to leave Chelsea

Chelsea's Florent Malouda has passed his medical with German champions FC Bayern Munich, the German club have confirmed. Malouda successfully completed various medical tests at the Hospital in Munich today as the 30-year-old midfielder put the finishing touches on his ?7.5m move from Chelsea.

Bayern Munich's manager Louis van Gaal, told his club's website: "He has undergone a standard examination and the results of all the tests are very satisfactory. He is delighted to be able to play for Bayern Munich and relieved to leave Chelsea. He's looking forward to joining his new team-mates."

After leaving the hospital, Malouda travelled to the club's Allianz Arena to sign his four-year contract with Munich. The France international, who was part of last summer's World Cup squad, was on Bayern's books before moving to Chelsea in 2006.

Malouda becomes Bayern Munich's fifth signing of the summer after Gokhan Inler, Marco Marchionni, guillermo Ochoa and Carvalho. The Brazil defensive midfielder Tinga is also a new face at the club, although he was signed from Ponte Preta in January before immediately being loaned back to the Brazilian side.

sportheader.png

Page last updated on Saturday, 21 August 2010
email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

2d47rk.png
16245qx.png

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview
Barclays Premier League

Arsenal have won just one home match in seven meetings with Chelsea in all competitions since Ars?ne Wenger's team last took the Premier League title, in the 2003-04 season. The visitors have been stringent examiners of a club struggling to become trophy winners once more. However, the present Chelsea side are looking in good form after their 4-1 thrashing of Aston Villa on the opening day. While this is the first meeting between the habitual top four Premier League this season.

Venue: Emirates Stadium
Last Season: Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea
Referee: Steve Tanner(Y 28, R 1)
Odds: Arsenal 6-4, Chelsea 8-5, Draw 11-5

Arsenal
Probable Starting XI: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song, Diaby, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, van Persie.
Injured: Emmanuel-Thomas(Leg), Denilson(Calf).
Suspended: None.
Form Guide: DD.
Leading Goal Scorer: Van Perse - 1.

Chelsea
Probable Starting XI: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, A.Cole, Essien, Lampard, J.Cole, Zhirkov, Dzeko, Drogba.
Injured: None.
Suspended: None.
Form Guide: WD.
Leading Goal Scorer: Dzeko - 2.

Wow I think its safe to say that last season was an almost disaster for Chelsea finishing fourth. But good to see that some strict decisions have been taken and some of the old and aging lads have been sold and replaced by younger players. Step in the right direction.

I think Chelsea have done enough at Wolfsburg to take them through. I am going for a 1-0 win at the Bridge with Dzeko scoring.

The Arsenal game could be tricky but Drogba always scores against them and I hope that continues.

de8gu1.jpg

Dzeko saves the Blues
22nd August, 2010

21b3tw5.jpg

Chelsea's Essien and Arsenal's Fabregas in action

Chelsea outmuscled Arsenal to claim a point thanks to a spirited second-half comeback. Arsenal had dominated the first 45 minutes of the match with a controlled and confident display, to the point that Chelsea were chasing shadows.

Arsenal held a deserved lead through Andrey Arshavin at the break, but in the second period Chelsea stormed back with a physical performance, with Edin Dzeko heading the equaliser. Chelsea manager Gianfranco Zola made four changes to the side that drew at Wolfsburg with Didier Drogba, Jose Bosingwa, Obi Mikel and Jack Rodwell coming in for Daniel Sturridge, Alex, Yury Zhirkov and Joe Cole.

The visitors played with their 4-4-2 diamond formation with Mikel, Lampard, Essien and Rodwell in midfield and so were sometimes cruelly exposed to the wide threat from Arshavin and Walcott as Fabregas pulled the string in centre midfield. Arsenal found space with ease. Robin van Persie's clever link-up play kept the Gunners moving forward with menace.

Chelsea did have a couple of decent half-chances early on, firstly when Dzeko took a pass from Jack Rodwell and saw a shot on the turn blocked by Phillippe Senderos. From the corner by Frank Lampard, Bosnian striker Dzeko headed just over. Then Bakary Sagna needed to make a hasty block when Drogba struck a low drive from the edge of the box.

But Arsenal's movement, quality passing - and the amount of men they got forward so quickly - had Chelsea constantly stretched. Arshavin had a header from Fabregas' corner deflected wide, and Ivanovic blocked a drive from Samir Nasri. Robin van Persie then blasted wide after a free-kick had been blocked.

A goal from the Gunners had been on the cards for a while when Arshavin broke the deadlock after 26 minutes. Fabregas' astute angled ball into the box by-passed a static Mikel to allow Arshavin a run into space where he evaded Ivanovic, before calmly placing his shot wide of Petr Cech.

Arsenal sensed blood and Cole cleared off the line from Vermaelen, and Cech saved well from Nasri and Fabregas as the hosts stormed forward. Song was booked for a poor challenge which sent Drogba flying after 29 minutes. From the free-kick, Chelsea saw shots from Lampard and Michael Essien charged down.

Fabregas' run and chip then created a headed chance for van Persie that dropped just wide. Chelsea started the second period with more pace and urgency, which at least stopped Arsenal strolling in possession. Branislav Ivanovic was booked for a foul on van Persie after 53 minutes. When Lampard caught Sagna, his pass to Dzeko produced a shot which was deflected away from goal.

Everton got their lifeline, having barely troubled Almunia previously. After 66 minutes Bosingwa crossed from the right and Dzeko rose above Vermaelen to head the equaliser. A minute later Drogba harassed Senderos, stole the ball and ran into the box to see Almunia touch his shot onto the right post. Arsenal almost immediately sent on Bendtner for Walcott.

Robin van Persie was then booked for a late tackle on Rodwell, the match now the physical battle Chelsea needed to inspire their revival. van Persie's chances of scoring a goal were ended after 76 minutes when he was replaced by Eduardo. Tomas Rosicky arrived six minutes later for Arshavin as Arsenal sought to re-establish their earlier seemingly effortless control.

Bendtner was moved to play through the middle, and twice it took timely interventions from Terry to snuff out danger. Fabregas was booked for bringing down Drogba, before Bendtner shot wide from a good position. Joe Cole and Daniel Sturridge were sent on for Dzeko and Drogba in the final minutes, Chelsea now striving for a victory. Essien was booked in injury-time for dragging back Eduardo as Arsenal chased a late winner.

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Senderos, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song, Fabregas(c), Nasri, Arshavin(Rosicky 79), Walcott(Bendtner 68), van Persie(Eduardo 76).
Subs Not Used: Mario, Eboue, Vela, Murphy.

Booked: Fabregas, Song, Sagna, Vermaelen, van Perise.

Goals: Arshavin 26.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry(c), Cole, Mikel, Essien, Rodwell, Lampard, Dzeko(Cole 89), Drogba(Sturridge 90).
Subs Not Used: Turbull, Alex, Zhirkov, Matic.

Booked: Essien, Iavnovic, Terry.

Goals: Dzeko 66.

Att: 60,361.

Ref: S Tanner.

Man of the Match: Andrey Arshavin.

Users who are viewing this thread