Blue Is The Color, Football Is The Game..

Dzeko is in good form this season scoring his third league goal of the season to go with his goal in the CL.

Huh? What happened to this thread? There are only 5 pages in this thread.

Yeah I told the mod to delete some post because my save game file had crashed. I had the backup of the file but I had played only three games in it. SO I would be doing story again starting from Champions League qualifier against Wolfsburg second leg.

ucl1.png
ucl2.png

Chelsea edge out Wolfsburg
25th August, 2010

sm614z.jpg

Joe Cole celebrates his winner against Wolfsburg

Joe Cole's 57th-minute goal earned Chelsea FC a UEFA Champions League group stage campaign at the expense of German giants VfL Wolfsburg.

Chelsea had never qualified through third round for more than eight years when Joe Cole turned in Frank Lampard's pass. There was little to choose between the teams and Wolfsburg were nearly rewarded for their positive tactics in England – but they must now concentrate on having a great run in UEFA Europa League.

Obafemi Martins, Marco Aydin, Karim Ziani and Thomas Kahlenberg all started for the German side as they strove to turn around a tie in which they trailed on away goals at kick-off. Within four minutes Martins had hit the crossbar and it took until midway through the half for the hosts to create a clear chance, Jack Rodwell shooting wide. Chelsea now warmed to the task and increasingly Wolfsburg were blunted by the discipline and organization of Gianfranco Zola's team.

Eight minutes into the second half, Dzeko emulated Martins by heading against the woodwork but Chelsea were soon ahead on the night thanks to Joe Cole as he latched on to Lampard's ball from deep. Wolfsburg now had to score twice yet Chelsea continued to contain them and, the former Premier League champions are into the competition for a eighth consecutive season – with the aim of winning the tournament for the first time.

__________________________________________________​

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry(c), Zhirkov(A.Cole 76), Essien, Lampard, Rodwell, Cole(Mikel 78), Drogba(Kalou 70), Dzeko.
Subs Not Used: Turnbull, Matic, Woods, Kalou.

Goals: J.Cole 57.

Wolfsburg: Benaglio, Osorio, Rever, Lindermann(Urban 77), Ansaldi, Josue(c), Obiorah, Ziani(Peters 83), Kahlenberg, Martins, Aydin(Schmidt 74).
Subs Not Used: Mader, Misimovic, Tore, Weiner.

Booked: Lidermann, Josue, Obiorah.

Att: 41,761.

Ref: G Rocchi.

Man of the Match: Joe Cole.

Yeah I told the mod to delete some post because my save game file had crashed. I had the backup of the file but I had played only three games in it. SO I would be doing story again starting from Champions League qualifier against Wolfsburg second leg.

Sorry to hear that. But that would probably mean the results now might be a little bit different from the previous one right? And Chelsea are still through to the CL Group Stage. :)

de8gu1.jpg

Mixed Fortunes for English clubs in Champions League Draw
26th August, 2010

10ronlf.jpg

Zlatan Ibramovich in action against Inter in the last season's final

The four Premier League representatives – Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal – had mixed fortunes in the draw for the group stages of the Champions League.

Manchester United, last season's losing semi-finalist, were drawn against FC Porto, Olympiakos and Neuchatel Xemax in Group C. Chelsea were grouped with Werder Bremen, Atl?tico Madrid and the Romanian champions, CFR Cluj in Group B. Liverpool face Juventus, Anderlecht and the Russian champions, Rubin Kazan, in Group D. Arsenal tackle Lyon, Besiktas and Spartak Moscow in Group G. Celtic were drawn against Real Madrid, Marseille and the Croatian champions, Dinamo Zagreb, in Group H.

Barcelona, as champions, were seeded, along with the four Premier League sides, plus Real Madrid, Inter and Bayern Munich. Bar?a, in Group A, must face Lazio, and make also make trips to Shakhtar, in Ukraine, and FC Kobenhavn, the Danish champions. Inter will face Spanish giants Villarreal, as well as playing Dinamo Kiev and Sparta Prague in Group E. Bayern Munich were joined by Benfica, Ajax and Italian Champions Palermo in Group F.

Palemo, the Italian champions and the strongest of the sides in the fourth tier of seeds, will give Bayern Munich a test. Rubin Kazan troubled Barcelona last year and will hope to do the same to Liverpool. Juventus have regularly progressed to the knockout stages and Anderlecht, too, will be difficult opponents for Liverpool.

Group A: Barcelona, Shakhtar, Lazio, FC Kobenhavn.
Group B: Chelsea, Werder Bremen, At. Madrid, CFR Cluj.
Group C: Man Utd, Porto, Olympiakos, Neuchatel Xemax.
Group D: Liverpool, Juventus, Anderlecht, Rubin.
Group E: Inter, Villarreal, Dinamo Kiev, Sparta Prague.
Group F: Bayern Munich, Benfica, Ajax, Palermo.
Group G: Arsneal, Lyon, Besiktas, Spartak Moscow.
Group H: Real Madrid, Marseille, Celtic, Dinamo Zagreb.

de8gu1.jpg

Holders Bolton face United
27th August, 2010

2cmx6xz.jpg

Bolton face United and Stoke host Sheffield Wednesday

Holders Bolton Wanderers will begin their defence of the Carling Cup with a home tie against Manchester United. Last season's beaten finalists, Stoke, face a home tie against Sheffield Wednesday Charlton.

Darlington and Swansea have been given away ties - Darington travel to Liverpool and Swansea face Sunderland. Hartlepool, the only lower league club still in the competition, have a tie at home to Bristol City.

Chelsea are one of six Premier League sides taking on opposition from the same league. Gianfranco Zola's men hosts Wolves, while the pick of the other Premier League-Premier League ties are Aston Villa v Arsenal, Everton v Man City, Newcastle v Nottingham Forest and Tottenham v Wigan. In the Premier League-Championship ties Fulham host Middlesbrough, Reading travel to West Ham and Blackburn travel to Scunthrope.

The ties are to be played in the week commencing 22 September.

Charlton v Leicester
Everton v Man City
Scunthrope v Blackburn
Liverpool v Darlington
Sunderland v Swansea
Fulham v Middlesbrough
Tottenham v Wigan
West Brom v Sheff Utd
Bolton v Man Utd
Stoke v Sheff Wed
Chelsea v Wolves
Newcastle v Nottm Forest
Hartlepool v Bristol City
Preston v Burnley
Aston Villa v Arsneal
West Ham v Reading.

Last edited:
Chelsea's tie is surely a home win, I hope. XD And there are some interesting ties there as well. By the way, there is a mistake in the title above. Bolton is facing Man Utd but you stated there that Bolton is playing Scunthorpe.

sportheader.png

Page last updated on Friday, 27 August 2010
email.gif
E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

24dq06p.png
2iasa53.png

Chelsea v Liverpool Preview
Barclays Premier League

Liverpool who are at the top of the table having won two of the three matches will travel to Stamford Bridge to face Gianfranco Zola's Chelsea, who will be looking to avenge their 2-1 home defeat by the Champions. Zola has a good record over Rafael Benitez's Liverpool as he has won one and drew one against Liverpool last season with West Ham and he will be hoping to do the same with his new club Chelsea.

Venue: Stamford Bridge
Last Season: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
Referee: Kieth Stroud(Y 19, R 1)
Odds: Chelsea 5-4, Draw 11-5, Liverpool 7-4

Chelsea
Probable Starting XI: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Rodwell, Cole, Drogba, Dzeko.
Injured: Mikel(calf).
Suspended: None.
Form Guide: WDDW.
Leading Goal Scorer: Dzeko - 3.

Liverpool
Probable Starting XI: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua, Mascherano, Torosidis, Rodriguez, Gerrard, Filipe, Jovanovic.
Injured: Torres(ankle).
Suspended: None.
Form Guide: WLW.
Leading Goal Scorer: Rodriguez - 4.

de8gu1.jpg

Blues break Reds heart
28th August, 2010

acok1.jpg

Michael Essien celebrates scoring the second for Chelsea

Chelsea coach Gianfranco Zola is beginning to make his mark at Stamford Bridge as he guided his side to the top of the Barclays Premier League with an important win over champions Liverpool.

However it was his summer signing who made the difference at the Stamford Bridge. Former Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko scored his third league goal for the club then set up the second goal for substitute Michael Essien. Champions Liverpool were dealt a blow before kick-off when defensive midfielder Vasiris Tosoridis was ruled out through injury. However Rafael Benitez's side knuckled down and gave a gritty performance, especially in the second half.

Chelsea's class was apparent, however, and the hosts almost scored as early as the eighth minute. Jack Rodwell tried his luck from distance and goalkeeper Pepe Reina did well to tip his effort over the crossbar. Rodwell peeled away from his marker as Frank Lampard swung in the corner but Reina was able to make a comfortable save low down.

Chelsea created another chance in the 15th minute when Didier Drogba, latched on to a through ball from Lampard only for Reina to show good reactions from the striker's flick. Lampard was seeing plenty of the ball and cracked in a shot in the 20th minute that was blocked by Lucas. And there was a sense of anticipation among the home fans in the 31st minute when the England midfielder shaped to take a free-kick 25 yards out. However Lampard failed to test Reina and sent his effort high, much to Liverpool's relief.

Liverpool hit back and from Steven Gerrard's corner in the 35th minute, Dirk Kuyt picked out Maxi ROdriguez. But goalkeeper Petr Cech was alert to the danger and got down quickly to smother the ball. A minute later Chelsea took the lead with Dzeko making his mark in fine style. The Bosnia international, 26, cushioned a pass from Lampard on his chest before sending a shot beyond Reina into the corner via Jamie Carragher on the line. It was a superb finish from Dzeko, and little wonder he celebrated in style.

Chelsea began the second half in the same attacking vein and Reina made two saves in two minutes to prevent the hosts extending their lead. The Spanish shot-stopper turned away a strike from Lampard in the 47th minute and then pushed Joe Cole's effort onto the bar. With only one goal in it, the visitors were still in with a shout and you sensed they realised that. Dirk Kuyt came close to marking his return to the side by equalising, only for John Obi Mikel to get back and clear his header off the line.

Chelsea launched a swift counter-attack in the 66th minute and Lampard took advantage of some poor defending to release Drogba. He played the ball into substitute Essien only for the Ghana midfielder to blast his effort into the crowd. Chelsea extended their lead in the 78th minute after a mistake by Daniel Agger. The Denmark central defender only succeeded in chesting Dzeko's cross into the path of Essien and he took full advantage of the gift. Reina was furious and little wonder.

Rodwell should have added a third three minutes later only to drag his effort wide of the post as Chelsea remained unbeaten in all competitions so far this season.

__________________________________________________​

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa(Ivanovic 78), Alex, Terry?, A.Cole, Mikel(Essien 66), Rodwell, Lampard, J.Cole(Kalou 79), Drogba, Dzeko.
Subs Not Used: Turbull, Sturridge, Zhirkov, Woods.

Booked: Bosingwa, A.Cole, Rodwell.

Goals: Dzeko 37, Essien 78.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel(Kyrgiakos 80), Carragher, Lucas, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Gerrard?, Fellipe(Riera 60), Kuyt(Jovanovic 86).
Subs Not Used: Diego, Insua, Torosidis, Darby.

Booked: Skrtel, Lucas, Mascherano.

Att: 41,761.

Ref: K Stroud.

Man of the Match: Edin Dzeko.

Last edited:
sport1e.jpg
sport2.jpg

6dqu85.jpg
westhamsportbar2.jpg

Simon Kjaer to undergo medical at Chelsea

123mst0.jpg

Simon Kjaer in action for Serie A champions Palermo,
Photograph: Jamie McDonald/Getty Images

Simon Kjaer is scheduled to leave Palermo's training session in Italy this evening to fly back to England to complete his move to Chelsea after the two clubs agreed a fee of ?22m plus clauses for the defender.

Kjaer is expected to fly directly into London to take a medical examination tomorrow and finalise the personal terms of a contract that will see him join the growing band of players at Chelsea who earn in excess of ?80,000 a week.

In total, the Blues have now made three signings this season, with Edin Dzeko and Jack Rodwell being added to the club's payroll for a total of ?70m. To put it into context, Manchester United have spent around ?9m in the same period, most of them in Fulham's young defender Chris Smalling. Manchester City have spent around ?26m whereas Liverpool have made only one major signing, Deportivo's Felipe, for ?16m and Arsenal have made a considerable profit by making no big money signings.

Chelsea now hope to take their summer spending well beyond the ?80m mark by prising their last remaining target, James Milner, away from Aston Villa, their interest in the player remaining enthusiastic despite his club steadfastly refusing to offer them any positive signs. Information has reached Chelsea that Milner is determined to go through with the transfer and is eager to join the Blues before the transfer windows closes.

Last edited:
de8gu1.jpg

Kjaer leaves Palermo for Chelsea
29th August, 2010

1z8yf6.jpg

Simon Kjaer completes his move from Palermo to Chelsea

Simon Kjaer has completed his transfer from Palermo to Chelsea after signing a four-year deal with the London club, for a fee believed to be in the region of ?22m which could rise to as high as ?26m depending on clauses.

"I am delighted to welcome Simon to Chelsea," said the manager Gianfranco Zola this afternoon. "It is no secret that we have been looking to strengthen our defence, and in Simon I feel we have recruited a world class player. He brings in good experience from his two years at Palermo and has also represented Denmark at the recent World Cup.

"Simon has been a central figure in the Serie A winning team of Plaermo, and I have been an admirer of him for a long time. He is strong, quick, reads the game well and will be a great figure in the dressing room. I am cant wait to see him partner along side John Terry this season and I am sure they are going to be very hard to break down."

The deal is Chelsea's third of the season following the captures of Edin Dzeko and Jack Rodwell, while Lille's Eden Hazard remains a target. Among the players likely to leave the club as part of the overhaul is Ivorian forward Salomon Kalou, who is in talks to join Serie A side Napoli.

Palermo's manager Delio Rossi has played down the impact of losing Kjaer. "We have many centre-backs, and I am in the position where I have to play some in midfield and keep some on the bench. Of course, Simon is a very good player – we will see what will happen in the next 24 hours."

de8gu1.jpg

Milner joins Chelsea on a five-year deal
1st September, 2010

ri7ozm.jpg

James Milner becomes Zola's fourth summer signing at Chelsea

Chelsea have completed the signing of James Milner from Aston Villa for a fee of ?15.5m which can rise to ?22m. The 24-year-old England international has signed for five-years.

Milner joined Aston Villa from Newcastle United during the summer of 2006 after a successful loan spell, and went on to play 83 times, scoring ten goals, the last of which came in the 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

"I am very delighted that my move to Chelsea has been completed and look forward to joining in with the rest of the squad's training programme immediately in preparation for important away game against Manchester United," said Milner, who attracted huge interest from likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. "Chelsea had a decent season last year and I know that having spoken to the manager [Gianfranco Zola] in recent days that the club's ambitions remain high and I am looking forward to the challenges ahead."

The London club finished fourth last season, qualifying for Champions League, and opened the new Premier League campaign with a 4-1 win against his former club Aston Villa and are currently second after the 2-0 victory over Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

"I am delighted to add a player of James Milner's talent and potential to our squad, and welcome the further midfield options he provides us with," said Zola. "I have kept an eye on James since he joined Aston Villa, so I am fully aware of his qualities and I am looking forward to working with him over at Chelsea."

Chelsea are also hopeful of selling Salomon Kalou to Serie A side Napoli for a fee around ?10m before the transfer window shuts down later tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread