Bodyline tactics

Asifx3me

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering if we will be able to use bodyline field ingame or would it be called no ball for using more than 2 fields behind square on the leg side?

There's a "field restriction" option and you are free to choose whatever restrictions you want or don't want, including the no. of fielders on the leg side or behind square.

Surely not. It caused an international incident in 1932-33. :yes
It's ok for Michelle Johnson to do it though.;)

I was wondering if we will be able to use bodyline field ingame or would it be called no ball for using more than 2 fields behind square on the leg side?

I was wondering if this question couldn't have been asked in an existing thread?

Planet cricket will be a much better place when posts by non-mods questioning the validity of a thread result in an instant ban.
Indeed. Report the post if you think it's in the wrong place or doesn't need a thread - but just because we have a Q&A thread doesn't mean every topic of discussion needs to be shoehorned in there.

Valid topic, worth a thread, end of.

If you find the question valid, feel free to answer it.

it was already answered - there's a CA option to set what fielding restrictions you apply.

i do wonder also - this was what @MattW and @Frostyvegi were discussing elsewhere - whether the AI would do it.

probably they shouldn't (unless you are playing as the Eng 1930s) because it wasn't a common tactic, although if you have created a historic team (20's/30s) they may well bowl leg theory but not fast leg theory.

lots of teams bowled leg theory with spinners and medium pace swingers, but fast leg theory (how England called bodyline) was basically exclusive to Notts and England because Larwood and Voce were about the only two who could bowl so fast and so accurately to pull it off.

one of the reasons the english public were so slow to be opposed to bodyline was because we persisted in the media calling it fast leg theory, and therefore it seemed like a common (accepted) tactic. obviously the general public didn't see much footage in those days. it was only when they saw it being more used by teams other than notts in county cricket the following season, and then by the west indies touring team 1933 that english public opinion changed.

whenever i see your post why do i get the feeling that a ghost of an old former cricket has logged into PC.......:spy

thats a compliment

Users who are viewing this thread