Booing of Ponting

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Giles Clarke, the ECB chairman, has called for England supporters to stop their booing of Ricky Ponting when the fourth Test starts at Headingley on Friday. Ponting has become a target of the home fans since Cardiff, when he questioned Andrew Strauss's stalling tactics, and been jeered whenever he walks on to the field.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Unbelievable. What a storm in a teacup. Are people forgetting the raptuous applause he got when he became the highest scoring Test Australian of all time?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
As if it'll stop them. Ponting's the Australian captain, and his side are losing, of course he's going to get abit of ribbing. The people running this game are morons, especially if the reports of Cricket Australia calling for the Aussies to cut out sledging are true.

somersetargyle

School Cricketer
let them do what they want; sounds like the ecb getting a bit pompous to me - not something id do but i dont give a toss if people wish to do it

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If anyone has read 'Ashes Summer', a diary of the 1997 Ashes, at Lord's, the PA system was used to tell spectators to watch their behaviour and not make too much noise. Good grief.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's nice to see poo for ponting that is also the reason i am with england in ashes.England crowd are great.

dajesmac

Club Captain
As if it'll stop them. Ponting's the Australian captain, and his side are losing, of course he's going to get abit of ribbing. The people running this game are morons, especially if the reports of Cricket Australia calling for the Aussies to cut out sledging are true.

If we were winning 3-0 the booing would still be tehre haha.

I read on cricinfo that Australia arent sledging at all cause they get crap for it when they do. It could be a part of why we're losing.

dajesmac added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

It's nice to see poo for ponting that is also the reason i am with england in ashes.England crowd are great.

Eh? You're supporting England because poo for Ponting? WHAT!?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not because of pointing it is one of the reason i am supporting them not only reason.;)

P

pcfan123

Giles Clarke can go stuff himself. I am sure he would be booed too by the English public

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Not because of pointing it is one of the reason i am supporting them not only reason.;)

For Christs sake man, I waste so much of my time re-reading your posts to understand what you are talking about. Take some English lessons

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
This sort of thing happens. All teams will boo the players(captains especially), it's just part of cricket. I'm sure back in the day fans have booed the great Don Bradman, or Viv Richards etc. It doesn't mean they don't respect them as when they do something in the game the fans still show respect and cheer. The only person who ever deffinately deserved a good old booing was Douglas Jardine for employing the bodyline tactic. Giles Clarke is a bit of a twit at times, can't we just get rid of him.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
It's just a bit of good competition between Punter and the crowd, should fire him up more. Keep it coming!

OffCutters

International Coach
That is 'Poo'! Nah in all seriousness, why not? The Aussie crowd do it, let the Poms do it, its good fun. It`s part of the game, get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread