Borat ! (Warning- Possible Spoilers)

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Where do I start? For those who don't know, Borat is a character from Kazaghistan and he goes to USA to learn the culture and so on. Hmm... I saw the movie today with a few of my friends, expecting the worst (or the best). I must say that it was hilarious, especially the first half hour, and then the jokes get repetitive.

The movie is truly cringeworthy, especially for those like me who aren't really into male nudity. That one "fight scene" was soooo ribticklingly funny, and at the same time I was waiting for it to end.

Who else saw it, and how do you rate this movie?

I thought it was brilliant. Im writing a review of it now for my portfolio.

Some of the content was very crude and was slightly suprising it got in the film, but I never stopped laughing throughout and that was the general reaction I got from the people in the theatre.

The movie loses some of it's sheen as some of the scenes have been acted. Like the one where they go into the Jews' house, the residents would have seen the cameramen, and the way they abducted Pam Anderson (that was hilarious btw!). And yes, it does push the boundaries of vulgarity. I'm surprised it was only a 15 !

I was amazed that the 'Chocolate Face' reference was allowed to go to screening.

Actually, there were things much worse than that. As I said, he tries to perform acts so outrageous and still get away with it because Borat is not a real person. I'm still trying to get that nude fight scene out of my head! I was nearly closing my eyes, sinking into the seat and could hear my stomach churning during it.

andrew_nixon said:
What's the first?

As Culli said, it's Dirty Sanchez. Yes, I watched it at the cinema's underage, but my parents allowed me to watch it and it was the stupidity of the cinema to not realise that I was 15 that give me the opportunity of watching it.

Adarsh said:
Actually, there were things much worse than that. As I said, he tries to perform acts so outrageous and still get away with it because Borat is not a real person. I'm still trying to get that nude fight scene out of my head! I was nearly closing my eyes, sinking into the seat and could hear my stomach churning during it.

I was sat next to a girl who actually blushed at that part! Maybe she fancies Borat. :p

i really wanna see this shame im only 14 :( but im in year 10 with loads of 15 year olds so i might try my luck at the cinema ;)

LOL what film was that then, anyway if i dress up as borat they gotta let me in ;)

The scene where Borat puts Pam Anderson in a "wedding sack" was great! I'm not sure if she was in on the joke but judging by her reactions I don't think she was (she isn't a great actor either). HAHA!!! Just grabs the sack and puts it over her!

Also, when he drops his bag with the chicken inside, a great touch.

I haven't gotten to see the movie yet (tickets sold out for all shows at decent hours) but I did get a kick out of the season episodes last spring (found me a torrent :)). I much prefer Ali G's interviews, but that's probably because Borat passes the limits of tolerance far more and far more obtrusively.

Adarsh said:
The scene where Borat puts Pam Anderson in a "wedding sack" was great! I'm not sure if she was in on the joke but judging by her reactions I don't think she was (she isn't a great actor either). HAHA!!! Just grabs the sack and puts it over her!

Also, when he drops his bag with the chicken inside, a great touch.

Ofcourse it was setup. How could you be so naiive to think it was not? Although I agree it was a hilarious finale.

Users who are viewing this thread