Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Here we go again, top order fails and probably middle order performs.
Ashwin has been awesome so far and all this on a first day wicket. This is definitely Lyon's best chance to perform against the best.

That last wicket probably won us the session. Cowan and Ponting coming in after lunch would have been discouraging. Ashwin has been excellent till now. And to his credit, this is a first day wicket with not much turn.

Ashwin is the key. He and Zaheer need to get wickets in the upcoming sessions. I dont see Yadav having a big impact in this match. Ishant is going luckless for too many games now for me to have any confidence in him. Ashwin has bowled well so far, and Zaheer is a bigger danger with the old ball (especially on a dry wicket like this with possibility of reverse swing). If India want to end the day with 7 to 8 Aussie wickets, these two are key to it.

This is definitely Lyon's best chance to perform against the best.

I don't know why people are getting excited with Lyon. Yes, he is good but not good enough to get these Indian batsman out. I still don't think he is good enough to take wickets against this Indian batting line up. It will be a surprise to me if he even gets 1 or 2 wickets out of top 6.

I can't see Lyon getting much of a chance to bowl at the top 6 tbh, will just pick up the scraps after Siddle, Harris and Hilfy are done.

At lunch at Adelaide last year, Australia were 3/94. After recovering from a poor start, they quickly fell away in the last session of the day and failed to reach 250. However, the year before, the West Indies were also 3 wickets down and they made 450. It's a marginal state where the game can really go anywhere from. Being the better side in a session is good, but not as important as dropping the entire game in a session.

I hope Clarke saves up his next big triple for one of SaiSrini's raging turners. A double here will be more than enough.

The bugs are more dangerous than the Indian attack right now.

----------

Shaping up to be the Sydney test. Clarke even middling them while running. Another century for Punter would be a great way to retire, but he's written himself a couple more cheques it seems.

Well played Punter. Way these two are going they will ensure Haddin doesn't have to bat or comes in with no pressure.

Clarke middles one off the helmet for 4 now after bringing up yet another hundred. Quarter of the way there :clap

I hope Clarke saves up his next big triple for one of SaiSrini's raging turners. A double here will be more than enough.

No worries at all. When you guys can create pitches to suit your strengths and target opposition weaknesses, why cant we do the same? We should do it in international cricket. I also said our players should play on lively wickets in domestic level to improve our game in tough conditions and that Gambhir's recent comment just before the end of this series was irresponsible. So your attempt to have a sarcastic shot at me shows your typical western mentality that only wickets with grass, bounce and pace (with not much turn) are good wickets, the rest are bad wickets. Well you were the guys who lodged a report against the 2004 Mumbai wicket since you lost on it (even though Sachin and VVS batted brilliantly on it in the second innings).

This was expected from India. I still feel if we bat well, we can make a draw or hope for an Aussie collapse in the second innings. Similar thing happened in 2003-04.

Last edited:
No worries at all. When you guys can create pitches to suit your strengths and target opposition weaknesses, why cant we do the same? We should do it in international cricket. I also said our players should play on lively wickets in domestic level to improve our game in tough conditions and that Gambhir's recent comment just before the end of this series was irresponsible. So your attempt to have a sarcastic shot at me shows your typical western mentality that only wickets with grass, bounce and pace (with not much turn) are good wickets, the rest are bad wickets. Well you were the guys who lodged a report against the 2004 Mumbai wicket since you lost on it (even though Sachin and VVS batted brilliantly on it in the second innings).

This was expected from India. I still feel if we bat well, we can make a draw or hope for an Aussie collapse in the second innings. Similar thing happened in 2003-04.

But you see we at least win games and put up a fight when we go to the sub continent. in asia the home country usually wins the first test then the groundsman just make roads so the rest of the series are draws. Sri Lanka have done well "ish" in South Africa and I bet they will come here and do a good job, but the Indian team just doesnt get it, they come here and just fall apart. I would understand the make pitches to suit yourself if India won 4-0 every series at home, but they dont. These are just sporting wickets that get a result, England smashed us last year, and New Zealand beat us this year too, so we arent making pitches to suit ourselves, its just a normal cricket wicket.

Mate, pretty sure your response might be a touch OTT. Like I've said above, I don't have a problem with India doctoring its pitches - it adds to the flavour of the game, and I reckon we can take you regardless of what you do. To be honest, though, if I were Indian I'd want my team to have a little more self respect.

Users who are viewing this thread