Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good patch boss as batting is feeling good and cpu is also playing some interesting strokes but I am unable to notice the swing without Sam exe.Would you enlighten me in this regard.Keep this work up.

The patch seems very good apart from one thing. If you're bowling you can always get the CPU out by bowling pacy yorkers and getting them bowled but must of the times they'll play it easily but if you mix it up, you're sure to get one bowled. Thats seems to be a worrying part. And yea, in test matches, CPU plays so defencively. Can you believe a batsman like sehwaq making just 19 runs of 88 balls and laxman not yet off the mark after playing 50+ deliveries. Sure its a test match but you dont play THAT defensively in a test. But when the're confident level goes up, they start playing shots. But you cant wait for 50 odd deliveries to get yourself off the mark. I appreciate the effort being put into these patches but these are just some flaws(which I thought they were) that need to be corrected. But yeah, you've still done a sensational job. Will post a more detalied review when I'll play an ODI.

Thank u very much for replies!, Reply: 11.4.2005 9.10 p.m. IST

Hey Boss, I played a oneday match Aus(me) vs Eng on hardmode using your challenging patch. I tested the bowling,, after 10overs England were 4/23 just 2.3 per over

I try and pitch the ball at good length everytime, but the cpu just plays the same shot, (front foot drive) that never breaks the field, even a few balls i delivered between middle and leg and they play the front foot drive
by groobz

Hi groobz!, thank u for u'r rev and comm!, as i said earlier Challenging mode is really challenging!, not only for us but for CPU also!, There is no bias in it!, thus the result!, any how as i tune lot of key frames on timing can be happened at times!, be remind that challenge mode is bowler's heaven!, u may try regular HARD mode and let me know the result. In feature i also like to reduce the batting difficulty in Challenge Mode!

Good work boss.I will soon update you about this patch.

Good patch boss as batting is feeling good and cpu is also playing some interesting strokes but I am unable to notice the swing without Sam exe.Would you enlighten me in this regard.Keep this work up.
by Hero

Can anyone tell me how to get swing for the fast bowlers using cgp3 but without sam's exe?At this momoent I cannot get any swing with cgp3 without sams exe.
by sachin_123

Thank u Hero for u'r app and comm! , Ya!, there are couple of factors that may affect the swing!.

1. As i change lot of char of players(bowlers-Swing,Bounce,Discipline,Accuracy etc), u need to play with my IRCUv3. In this case u may be!.

2. Green and Normal pitches generally assist the swing more than other pithces. It may be the case is well.

3. Good quality bowlers tend to get more swing than others!, say for eg: Vaas, Mcgrath, pollock, shoaib akhtar... tend to get more swing out of any surface where as the likes of zaheer khan, sami, harmison relies on their pace/seam rather than swing.

Tips to get swing: Hold the line of the ball till the bowler reach the crease, when the delivery abt to release, just move the ball cursor to either off/on side and release the ball at half the speed!, it may work!(even with out sam's exe!). But in Dusty,damp,hard pitches u tend to get reverse swing than the conventional swing.

Hope i made it clear!

btw the answer is same to sachin_123 is well!

I used with Sam exe and boy it was swinging nicely, do it with sam exe

Buddy i tested ur patch with a odi and boy it dam swings a lot on normal pitch and batting is a bit difficult than the previous one, camera views r really nice as always, pacing of CPU need to be revised mate, they dont pack power in their strokes mate. Anyway as for as bowling its really fine
by The Champ

Thank u buddy for u'r app and comm!. Ya!, it seems like the ball swings more with sam's exe. For the matter of truth, i yet to test it with sam's exe. As now i have time i will do so.

The pacing is always give me some headache u know!, still i have to perfect it!, but it is better than previous one i feel!, any how am currently working on new tech that make the CPU pack the punch when they stroke!.

which sam's exe old or new 1.2

i thick pacing should improve
there are lots of edges
cpu gets runs only through edges
by kadabakar

Thank u mate for u'r comm!. I think champ suggests the new exe(v1.2), any how to get the swing with out the sam's exe follow the tips in reply to Hero.

I think your talking abt the pacing in TESTS(or ODI?). Still room left to improve in this case i personally feel!. There may be a lot of edges in Green pithces only (as in real life!), and the CPU gets the Runs in strokes is well for me. You may be playing in Challenging mode(as there is lot of edges!), then try out the regular hard mode!

Well done boss, what a great patch. It's good to see that you're always looking to improve and you have with this one! Have some rep.
by Skateboarder2

Thank u lee for providing me some rep and also for app!, it is really pleasure to see u back in thread, i think u are engaged with u'r web site building. then how's the process?, keen to know!

Ya buddy is always trying to improve on his previous works, along with Tutsi has really serving us with his wonderful works, not only AI, but also camera angles and ofcourse the new roster
by The Champ

I just try my level best to extract some thing left out of this game, but all of this not possible with out u buddy!, Ya!, am really concentrating more on Cam angles as well as the IRCU, still some thing to play for.

Really cooooooool this patch is.Full marks to you.

Also this has fastened the game for me as well .

Anybody else who feels the same ???
by ronny_kingsley

Thank u very much ronny for the app!, As i made the patch from the scratch, i found few un wanted chunks in file and remove them and it may be the case the game fastened up!,(as it is fastened up for me is well!), may be due to new directx update?, what abt u ronny?

Really cool patch thats why mate it is called Boss Cool Gameplay patches
by The Champ

Yeah Buddy!, Cool Patches for Cool ppls!, and u know its damn hot down here in my city! :crying

The patch seems very good apart from one thing. If you're bowling you can always get the CPU out by bowling pacy yorkers and getting them bowled but must of the times they'll play it easily but if you mix it up, you're sure to get one bowled. Thats seems to be a worrying part. And yea, in test matches, CPU plays so defencively. Can you believe a batsman like sehwaq making just 19 runs of 88 balls and laxman not yet off the mark after playing 50+ deliveries. Sure its a test match but you dont play THAT defensively in a test. But when the're confident level goes up, they start playing shots. But you cant wait for 50 odd deliveries to get yourself off the mark. I appreciate the effort being put into these patches but these are just some flaws(which I thought they were) that need to be corrected. But yeah, you've still done a sensational job. Will post a more detalied review when I'll play an ODI
by Anil Dharani

Thank u anil for u'r extensive rev/comm/app. As u see in real life some batsmen still getting out for pacy yorkers!,what else than that?, thats not always possible to get good quality batsman like that again and again!,For tailenders, yes!, there is a real chance of getting them out bowled/trapping them LBW!,(In challenging mode, u tend to get more bowled/LBW than regular Hard Mode!), Btw as far as Test matches are concern, if i make any changes here after, the CPU gets in the crew soon and start playing attacking shots there after and no looking back!, make sure u r playing with IRCUv3, that makes the batsmen play safely and aggressively!, any how looking to correct these thinks in feature!, Thank u once again!

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
hey boss, i think groobz is too much of a hardcore gamer that no patch seems to challenge him/her.

will review ur patch soon. keep up the good job!!!

hey boss, i think groobz is too much of a hardcore gamer that no patch seems to challenge him/her.

will review ur patch soon. keep up the good job!!!
by Sai

Hi sai!, ya!, i donno much abt groobz!, any how looking for u'r rev soon!. Thanks!

Boss

Boss.. the straight drive in normal mode is too powerful... very easy to get boundaries.on the other hand the leg glance is dangerous to play if you stand outside off stump as very often the ball tends to go on to hit the stumps as it goes too fine..

So far on normal batting has been easy.. but will have to see how I do with the spinners since they have always been harder to play with c2004. If this is too easy I may move up to hard level.

Nice patch, good work...

Only a few problems i had, I always edge to my stumps but the ball goes really slowly towards the stumps after hitting the bat and another thing whenever i play the cover drive about every 2or3/5 times it doesnt go anywhere.

But anyway the new camera angles were simply awesome and same with the swing and seam.

played 4-5 games 50 over exhibition matches between pak and indian(normal mode with sam exe) here are few things which i noticed that need to be imprved( this is not to say that ur patch is not good, I think that it is understood that ur patch is one of the better ones out there, just focusiing on the -ve aspects to push u towards further improvement . in case u need any more motiviation :cool: )

Batting :-

1) shot off the legs, (right + forward) needs to be made more powerful and easier to time.

2) backward drive (left + foward) needs to made a bit easier hit.

3) the on side push (right + down + back) needs to be made a bit powerful.

Bowling : -
great improvment here, excellent

Pacing : -
needs to be tweaked u can easily bog down the cpu by bowling good length delieveries over after over.( even at the death over)

Hope this mini critiqe helps in making the patch even more better.

hey i started using CGPv3 yesterday..that's great..u know what..infact i was useing CGP beta before this..

and i'm exsitied to hear that u gonna update stats..that's great if u can do that.cos i real want's look back at every players performance..i do that manually by a excell sheet thanx...keep going..

let us have that new verion as quick as posible....

Ok I tried your standard patch instead of the challenge mode. Bowled 10 overs (didn't get a wicket) but the cpu only scored 14runs, a few people have said it here i notice, that its very easy to bog the cpu down when you bowl well. The front foot drive is used way to much by the cpu, even balls pitching on middle and leg the cpu moves accross to play the front foot drive. They score nothing off this drive as well, as it never breaks the field, or goes straight to a fielder.

Thank u anil for u'r extensive rev/comm/app. As u see in real life some batsmen still getting out for pacy yorkers!,what else than that?, thats not always possible to get good quality batsman like that again and again!,For tailenders, yes!, there is a real chance of getting them out bowled/trapping them LBW!,(In challenging mode, u tend to get more bowled/LBW than regular Hard Mode!), Btw as far as Test matches are concern, if i make any changes here after, the CPU gets in the crew soon and start playing attacking shots there after and no looking back!, make sure u r playing with IRCUv3, that makes the batsmen play safely and aggressively!, any how looking to correct these thinks in feature!, Thank u once again!

Well I agree with you when you say some batsman, what I must tell you that I got ALL 10 BATSMEN BOWLED. Yeah thats what I did. I found that if you bowl a yourker on the middle and leg stump line, you almost always get a wicket in a test match. Also I agree that CPU cant just go and attack everything, that wouldn't look realistic by any means. And yeah, I will try IRCUv3 this time arround and will then give another detalied review. Till then, Cheers mate. I would again like to appreciate your cool work on a cool patch and naming it cool as well :p . Bye :cheers

Hi Fellas
I need a little advice....Do you have to use Sams exe with this new version of CGP??? or can I use it alone ?? I have never used a patch before ... :help

Users who are viewing this thread